Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah the huge refit constitution saucer (with phaser banks no less) throws me off. We've seen starship designs that seem like successors to older designs (Constellation class/Stargazer class), or even designs that might have taken inspiration from older designs (Excelsior class/Obena class), but I'm still trying to wrap my head around this new Titan. It's like seeing a contemporary of the Sovereign class that looks like that ship, but then randomly has a 2260s Constitution class deflector dish design instead of one we would associate with the late 24th century Starfleet vessels.

Markonian likes this.
  2. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I have the feeling this announcement will have more to do with resumption of the 1701-D model, which is good, because folks have already spent a small fortune on the build to date. Even though I’d like the Starship line to continue, my reading the administration documents indicates that there wasn’t much interest from third parties in doing anything with it.

Markonian likes this.
  3. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

I live perfectly normal and than I come across a ship I really wanted.
    And recall that Eaglemoss is gone.
    Today's most wanted: Talarian warship (Q'maire class). How did we get the observation craft before the warship?

137th Gebirg and dantini like this.
  4. Markonian

So, WizKids' Star Trek: Attack Wing and Star Trek: Tactics have also ended prematurely.

5. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Weird. I wonder why all these things are happening in such rapid succession. Is C/P/V cleaning house with their licenses?

Markonian likes this.
  6. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I always forget those even exist.

The Star Wars ones seem pretty nice, but the Trek ones never looked that great.

Maybe, I've always thought they had too many licensees for things that weren't all that differentiated.

Markonian and 137th Gebirg like this.
  7. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I know it's not the same because the booklet and stand will say something different, but did Eaglemoss make any of the other versions of that model that appeared on the various series crewed by different aliens? Maybe you could find one of those on eBay or something if they exist.
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/TNG_studio_models#Talarian_warship

Markonian likes this.
  8. Markonian

Unfortunately not. I would be quite partial to the Hekaran starship, which has nice purple highlights on its solar panels.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  9. Paul755

Paul755 Commodore Commodore

that will probably be the bulk of it. But I’m not even worried about “new” or announced/unproduced stuff. Just release the older stuff they still have in stock or newer stuff that had been produced but not released.

Markonian likes this.
  10. 137th Gebirg

Does anyone know if the large gold Enterprise-E get released? I recall there was a brief stint where it might have been available, but most sources had it as a pre-order item up until the fall of Eaglemoss, much like the Vancouver-class model and several of DSC's 32nd century ships.

Markonian likes this.
  11. Markonian

Goodness, I'd love to get my hands on the golden Enterprise-E. However, any company selling it would be silly not to ramp up the price at this stage.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  12. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I got an email today saying that French company, IXO Collections has acquired the Eaglemoss assets.

13. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I like that. It all started with Verne...and Trek will be appreciated there.

14. Markonian

When I click the link, oh o!
    “We have found some suspicious activity in this client's account and this link had been blocked for your safety.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    If you think the link is safe, please contact the sender of the email.”

Oh!
    “to enable us to continue to provide you with details of the goods and services that were previously provided by Eaglemoss.“

137th Gebirg likes this.
  15. 137th Gebirg

I got that as well. The link goes to somewhere weird. Copying and pasting the text of the link will likely send people where they need to be.

16. dantini

dantini Commander Red Shirt

I'm glad I bought the Eaglemoss
    Enterprise F in STO livery
    before the ship became canon... It's not going to get cheaper now.

17. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

I was pondering getting it but then was too unsure if it would ever be canonized without major changes... but if EM can recover with a new owner, they might release them again.

Markonian likes this.
  18. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

PCT was listed in the administration documents as the purchaser of the subscription build-up business. I didn't realize they were affiliated with IXO, I have a few of their racecar models.

Markonian likes this.
  19. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I picked up the B'Omar patrol ship at my local store this weekend and finally opened it a few minutes ago. I still wonder why ones like this got made, and more memorable or prolific ships did not. I doubt this ship was high on anyone's wish list for them to make or to buy, but this did a good job. Actually, given it's fighter size and worn appearance, it almost looks like something that belongs more in the Star Wars universe.

Not bad.

publiusr and NCC-73515 like this.
  20. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

CBS probably insisted ships like that get made.