Game Star Trek Resurgence - new Star Trek videogame announced

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Tuskin38, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Deks

Deks Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking of scanning stuff... the problem I have is that at one point in the game when I'm supposed to scan for DNA samples inside a structure, when I enter a part of the structure where there's loads of DNA supposedly, I can't open the tricorder. I keep pressing the needed button but nothing happens.
    I restarted that area twice now and same bug appears... similarly, if I'm already using the tricorder and I walk into that DNA loaded room, can't close the tricorder or scan anything properly... its like the controls stop working.

I'm playing on a laptop. Ryzen 2700, Vega 56, 64GB RAM and 4TB storage.
    So, just looks like a bug.
    The game does seem to need some optimizations and bug corrections though.

Amaris likes this.
  2. ED-209

ED-209 Commodore Commodore

Happened to me too, really annoying.

Amaris likes this.
  3. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The workaround I ended up using in this section was to look at all the interactable objects in the guard shack before opening the tricorder.

Now instead I'm stuck on a transporter signal minigame a little bit later in the story. This one isn't bugged, I just can't get it done correctly even on "story mode." I'm seriously frustrated because up to now I've been able to look past the lack of polish in dated graphics, dialogue being different than what's verbally spoken or missing from the screen entirely, the occasional graphical skips and stutters, the uneven controls, etc., but now I legitimately may not be able to proceed through the story. And the story and characters and general Trek feeling, which the developers nailed, is exactly why I could overlook the game's shortcomings.

Amaris likes this.
  4. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Star Trek games really need a win at this point, and I am not sure this one is it. Sadly, we may not get any more such attempts in the near future. So they really need to get this game shipshape quickly.

5. mthompson1701

mthompson1701 Commander Red Shirt

I got past the part I was stuck on, but I had to use a gameplay video on YouTube to figure out exactly what to put the tricorder on. Then I had to run back and forth between my console and the computer, and then do what was in the video. I was able to do more after that without following the video. However, I then got stuck on the transporter minigame that came after it.

I was excited about this game at first, but now it's a big letdown. So far I'd give it 7/10, and it could fall even more if I can get past this part.

6. Deks

Deks Vice Admiral Admiral

That's what I tried on my second go, but the tricorder refuses to open after doing that/being in that room and interacting with the interactable objects in that room.
    So, the room/area seems to be bugged for me.
    I will have to retry again... and maybe avoid the bug from repeating itself, but I doubt it will help.

The graphics in terms of characters and most of the inside of the ship look fine, but I think the stuff in space doesn't look properly polished for some reason (aka, looks a bit dated and was surprised at that, because I can get better looking stuff in 3dsMax viewport easily enough)... there seems to be a lack of shadows when iniitally playing on the hull of the ship, etc. (plus the initial design of the space station that we saw at the start of the game was really ugly to me on the outside).

Stutters don't seem to be affecting me, but there is a massive drop in FPS when viewing the massive tractor beam pulling stuff up to the ship for some reason (everything else works fine though).

I agree the game has a Treek feel to it, but the bg music is a bit... off-putting to me at times (not very fitting and can be annoying at times).

Plus, the UI is a bit of a mess. Instead of offering proper options for saving games, etc. the game automatically saves stuff (which is fine), but improper access to the menu/options is whats bugging me too and lack of manual save option at given points force you to redo an area if a bug appears.

Maybe the game will receive more fixes/optimizations soon... but I'll try sending the devs some list of bugs that are plaguing me.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    PsychoPere, Amaris and Markonian like this.
  7. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Is this the kind of game where we could expect DLC’s?

8. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

They released the whole 'game' at once, unlike the alternative model of doing episodic releases, so unless they've already announced new seasons I don't think so.

Markonian likes this.
  9. mthompson1701

mthompson1701 Commander Red Shirt

I finally got past that transporter minigame, It was frustrating, but somehow I did it.

I'm noticing choppy cutscenes as well. This game really needs a patch. I'm turning it off for the day.

10. PsychoPere

The team has stated on Twitter that they're working on a patch, for what it's worth.

Markonian, Amaris and Ogrebear like this.
  11. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just got the game yesterday. I am about 2 hours in. I just finished the simulation of the warp issues and about the start the chapter with Spock and the Away team on the shuttle heading to the negotiation. The graphics do feel a bit unpolished in some places. But I am definitely drawn in to the story. I really like the world building and characters and the choices that affect how characters feel about you. The game does a great job of giving each character a backstory and personality. It feels like I am inside a Star Trek movie or episode.

12. Mr_Sloan

Mr_Sloan Lieutenant Red Shirt

Their homepage said, no DLCs, or Microtransactions etc planed. Full game.

I also heared they consider making a 2nd game. If someone got infos about it, feel free to post about it.

I surely hope there will be a next game like this.
    half way into resurgence. graphic not great, a few bugs, story short, but otherwise:
    wonderfull wonderfull game. Thats how a good Star Trek game should be. (Diplomatic) choices and adventures.
    First playthough is as much fun like Mass Effect or Detroid: Become human.
    Thank you: Dramatic Labs, Bruner House LLC

firehawk12 and Markonian like this.
  13. Romulan_spy

I think I am stuck in the Tkon crystalline base in the chapter "what lies beneath". I scanned the main console, I went to both side chambers. I scanned the "replicator" and the hieroglyphs. I also scanned the crystals in the wall and retrieved one of them. I got the message that there are life forms in the crystals. I've retraced my steps everywhere and I can't see to find anything else to scan. Can anybody help? Thanks

EDIT: Finally figured it out. There was a data crystal on the ground that I missed. Once I scanned it, it activated the console and moved the plot forward.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  14. PsychoPere

Funniest damn thing here. I failed at least ten times yesterday on the second phase of this minigame. Came back today and immediately passed it on one try.

The only difference? Yesterday I was trying to match the lowest point of the stationary waveform to the highest of the waveform that was moving. This time I did the opposite.

On the left side of the chamber (POV upon entering the room), check the floor in the space to the right of the crystals you scan on the wall. There's an object on the floor that took me a minute to see.

15. Romulan_spy

Thanks. Took me awhile but I finally found it.

16. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, with the current Epic Game Store coupon I don't mind throwing them the money and hoping it makes the books look good. I don't know if I want to play through the game myself but watching it was a good experience. lol

17. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Played for about four hours when I bought it. Haven’t touched it since.

KennyB likes this.
  18. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^I don't know if being on the Epic store exclusive impacts on how well a niche game sells like a star trek game, but another niche game, Pinball FX, was also exclusive to the Epic store for a year, and it seems both Pinball FX and STR have the same users review scores on metacritic.........12 and 13 rating from users, anecdotal evidence yes, but still, makes you wonder how it might have sold if it had launched also on steam.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I learned that from National Treasure. :lol:

https://twitter.com/gaghyogi49/status/1663243808535093248

Markonian likes this.
  20. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Now with the benefit of hindsight, I made a better connection with the bridge crew in the game than in the comic.
    That being said, I've already grown attached to the Resolute crew. I wonder if we could see prequel-style appearances of the Resolute and Adirondack tactical officer Rydek in the IDW comic series Star Trek? ST is set the timeframe from 2378-2379.

For lore enthusiasts, there's a map of the Tkon Empire's extent in Star Trek, Issue 4:
    Tkon Empire.jpg

mthompson1701 and 137th Gebirg like this.