Spoilers Star Trek Picard Season 2 Hopes and Predictions

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Lorcan Kelly, Mar 27, 2020.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's really all it is.

Markonian, ThreeEdgedSword and Danja like this.
  2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Or maybe they need to take...

BA'KU TO THE FUTURE

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Markonian and Danja like this.
  4. yotsuya

yotsuya Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hope they can find a story that is as true to TNG as season 1. That is my only hope for season 2. And more cameos.

5. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Borg interior designs looked boring compared to the TNG or FC designs, so I wouldn't mind never seeing them again XD

We have a car called Challenger that's in its 3rd generation and the name was never dropped.

Danja likes this.
  6. mdtauk

mdtauk Captain Captain

I can see Picard becoming the voice for synthetic rights. He leads a political and cultural campaign to get equal rights for them in society, as a hybrid of Organic and Synthetic.

There are parallels for the Ex Borg too. A group that have suffered and caused suffering, and their rehabilitation. Seven of Nine could play a significant role in that.

TNG alums will show up to check in on Picard, Geordie for instance, may be needed for maintenance as he has experience from Data. Beverley and Guinan would be his tie to humanity. Raffi becomes a voice for the "underclass" in the modern 25th century Federation, and Rios the left behind by Starfleet.

The hand of friendship extended further to the Romulans, and maybe begin the process of unification with the Vulcans that we know is in place come the 32nd Century.

----

What we don't need is any more villain or bad guy, and "universe destruction" threats.

7. fireproof78

Nothing unites people quite like a common threat though...hmmm...

Overall, I like your ideas, save for the whole "underclass" left behind. I have a feeling that if Rios and Raffi had actually asked for help they wouldn't have been where they were.

8. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like these ideas. Season 1 could focus more on the xB/ synth thing, 2 more on the Romulans, or vice versa. (Because focus is, imho, not their strong suit, so they tend to sort of bring up a lot of issues/ themes and not follow through with/ gloss over most of them.) Both of these issues are connected to identity and collectivism/ integration/ diversity, and could be mirrored within our motley crew. Might be a good opportunity to give us some glimpses at the working of the civilian government/ politics.

Some fun adventure/ smaller mystery for a season could tie this together. By "small" I mean - as we have to stuff in all these TNG cameos - that e.g. our crew has come to the aid of Geordi or Beverly or whoever. Anything smaller-scale than Big Bad or Saving The Galaxy. Or, my favorite: Our heroes accompany Agnes to her trial (where they meet TNG char 1 and 2) and then have to deal with the fact that she's sentenced to a couple of years in a cosy prison colony. : D (I know, I know, not gonna happen.)

And the Romulan plot/ theme could tie in with Laris and Zhaban, who I feel were underused.

It's the easiest way, sure.

I wouldn't call it underclass, either. Class means next to no upward mobility.

I think the truth is somewhere in between "hey, she just could have asked for help" and "underclass".
    As to the bolded... In hindsight, isn't that true, or at least is often said, about every miserable person? Doesn't mean they were objectively and/ or subjectively able to.

As for Rios, he implied there was this huge cover-up within SF, so I don't know who he could have turned to.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Danja likes this.
  9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe if they asked for help from outside of the starfleet or the federation.
    Commodore Oh was the one who covered up the incident involving Rios, and Raffi was also trying to figure out a conspiracy inside Starfleet that Oh was part of. So I don't think they could have gotten any help via official channels.

ThreeEdgedSword and Danja like this.
  10. Anonskekwkksksbxjw

Anonskekwkksksbxjw Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think the biggest question is will this season address the aftermath of the Dominion War? Have the Alpha Jem’Hadar formed an XB-like society?

DS9forever likes this.
  11. fireproof78

I understand that they might not feel like subjectively that they could do so. I just don't that that automatically means something is wrong with the Federation.

12. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can see how season 2 would be showing Picard dealing having his mind put into a synthetic body and how Starfleet reacts to the news.He has an android body now. It would be a big adjustment for him and I'm sure they'll explore that in season 2.I wouldn't be suprised he would discuss the changes he's gone through with Guinan.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  13. Anonskekwkksksbxjw

Are we going to get the Dominion War aftermath? What happened to the Alpha Jem’Hadar?

DS9forever likes this.
  14. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Perhaps they're saving that for a DS9 follow up, rather than the TNG one

Quinton likes this.
  15. Quinton

Quinton Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I feel like the show is set too far ahead of 2375 to necessitate diving into that much. Likely an intentional creative decision, too. But I predict a reference or two are en route.

16. Anonskekwkksksbxjw

I hope we get more than just a reference or two. The Dominion War was a massive event which cannot be taken lightly or ignored

DS9forever likes this.
  17. fireproof78

I think we are dealing with the consequences, more in the attitude of the Federation.

Reanok and Danja like this.
  18. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would have loved to be given a bit of this background in a general sense - not details like "What became of the Jem'Hadar", but the fact that there was a huge war, the ripples of which still affect the Federation and was probably the first of several incidents to change it. (Chabon actually wanted to do that, but got overuled.) I think it could have been done with a few broad strokes, and without the viewer having to know, say, who the Dominion is, etc. Maybe a bit of backstory for Seven (her estrangement of the Federation) could have been the vehicle for that.

But as they didn't do it in the first season, I doubt they'll do it in the next. They didn't even give us much context about the current Romulan situation, politically speaking.

DS9forever likes this.
  19. fireproof78

I think the ripples will be explored on the individual level not the macro level.

20. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

I read an article a while back that said they were going to delve into Seven's backstory this season (it'll introduce new viewers who might not have seen Voyager to her as well as fill in some of the blanks between her leaving Voyager and her showing up on Picard).