Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 1x06 - "The Impossible Box"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Commander Richard, Feb 25, 2020.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - Data

23.6%
  2. 9

41.9%
  3. 8

22.0%
  4. 7

6.5%
  5. 6

1.6%
  6. 5

1.6%
  7. 4

0.4%
  8. 3

0.8%
  9. 2

0.4%
  10. 1 - Maddox

1.2%
  1. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    That sounds like a 1940s pulp character
    Fearn revamped the character of Violet Ray for a series of books in 1944. Some sources claim he reworked the stories, but that is not so if you take a deeper look at the character. Now, Violet Ray Brant was the subject of a glandular experiment as a baby that turned her into a superhuman during the German Blitz of World War II. She would have increased strength and intelligence, golden skin and hair, with the hope that she’d lead the world into peace. Instead she nearly destroys the world with atomic power (trying to take over the world), and is able to escape the world’s wraith by creating a synthetic duplicate of herself who dies in her place in the first book.
    https://thepulp.net/pulpsuperfan/2019/07/15/introduction-to-the-golden-amazon-series/

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

SeamusShameless likes this.
  3. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

They already are very different, but they also changed a lot between TNG and FC/VOY. If entire ships can repair major damage as seen in Q Who, they can probably change their interior design in no time as well XD

Not enough slug-o-cola!

OMG, and all the ships are gonna be wrong :crazy: XD

MrPicard and Gonzo like this.
  4. TPezz

TPezz Commander Red Shirt

I get the feeling we’re not going to get any sort of conclusion to the story until the final episode of the show (like Season 3’s final episode). We’re too far along and too deep in it for a satisfactory conclusion by episode 10. We’re not going to get a Discovery type show with a new storyline each season.

picardjean-luc and Quinton like this.
  5. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

Would make sense. Sir Patrick has said they basically have material for three seasons - I wouldn't be surprised if it was all one big story and the first season is "only" that story's first arc.

Quinton likes this.
  6. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it would be hilarious if you just referred to Sir Pat as your husband in any of your posts mentioning him. 'My husband has said that they basically have material for three seasons'

7. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My guess has been for a while that we will get a conclusion for the Soji arc, but not for the bigger arc: The conspiracy of the past, the future threat, saving the galaxy, hopefully provide some solution/ hope for the Romulan refugees, the Neutral Zone, the values of the Federation... And Pcard's redemption, of course. That will be for the rest of the series.

SolarisOne and Quinton like this.
  8. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    BROPHY!!!!!!!

Hythlodeus, Quinton, urbandk and 4 others like this.
  9. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

I tend to only refer to Jean-Luc as "my husband", and even that only when I'm sure everyone around me knows me well enough to understand. ;) Besides, I think Sir Patrick is busy enough with his wife (and Sir Ian, lol) and I'm more than just fine with that.

Agony_Boothb likes this.
  10. Nenya

Nenya Commander Red Shirt

How do I use the spoiler tags? I never have before and I have a theory.

11. Turtletrekker

Look at all the tool buttons available to use right above the text box. Press the tab that is a plus symbol. And then a question box should drop down, choose spoiler.

Then a tab will appear and ask. " What does the spoiler concern?". Write something nebulous and non-spoilery there because that's what the rest of the world will see.

Then, your cursor should be in between two brackets [{SPOILER]] and [[/SPOILER]]. Then from there, just write your post and post it as usual.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Gonzo likes this.
  12. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

This is already a spoiler thread and you only want to post a theory anyway, so it doubt its necessary.

13. Nenya

Thank you.

Where is that thread? I must have missed it.

Gonzo likes this.
  14. Turtletrekker

It's the "Star Trek Picard general discussion thread" pinned to the top of the forum main page.

15. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

You are in it right now, this is a spoiler thread for 1x06 so its fine.

Plus its only a spoiler if you know its true, unless you have actually seen the episode and are just pretending in which case well played. :shifty:

16. Nenya

My bad. I mis-read "this" for "there".

Blip and Gonzo like this.
  17. Blip

Blip Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh, please. TPTB would never be so stupid as to try and pull such a lazy, ham-fis--

Wait. Nevermind...:nyah:

ATimson, ITDUDE, Gonzo and 2 others like this.
  18. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

With the Borg alluded to I'm thinking that Dr. Maddox...

...produced Soji and her sister using nano probes reverse engineered from Borg nano probes, and explains why they're android "synths" despite being organic (you go down to a cellular level and their nano probes play the role of proteins and DNA).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Blip and Turtletrekker like this.
  19. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Stop with the spoiler tags! Unless you know something about the actual show, your personal theories aren't spoilers. They're speculation. If they turn out to be correct, that's a fluke, not clairvoyance.

SolarisOne, Longinus and eschaton like this.
  20. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I know you're just joking, but this doesn't seem to be the first time someone with an Indian-sounding name was cast awkwardly. Remember that Trill lady on the Artifact, Dr. Naashala Kunamadestifee? I wonder if the character of Jurati was supposed to be a much older Indian woman?