Star Trek: Lower Decks - Mobile Game

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by NCC-73515, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

It's an idle game. That says it all. Idle games are all about number generation to get to the next big unlock. It's nothing more than a more modern cookie clicker.

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Still not seeing it in the Apple store

3. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

I actually met a guy once who apparently played one of these games. He was frantically touching his phone screen non-stop, and numbers kept appearing and floating away. Couldn't even talk properly, cause he was so focused on pushing and pushing. ...no thanks :D

Deledrius and Richard S. Ta like this.
  4. NCC-73515

Here's my summary so far:

[​IMG]
    Bridge, shuttlebay, and warp core simulations; one event shows you SFHQ, and a later sim seems to be the Cardassian interrogation room

[​IMG]
    Borg, Genesis planet, and 31 ship - note that upgrades add more drones, let the worms grow, and give 31 less Cardassian features (Jen is just playing with her hair all the time btw) :D

[​IMG]
    This is a great feature, and I want a GOF clock. Has no one ever made these? They'd sell well, I imagine! At some point, I was spot-on number 47, and during one event, you have to collect Borg babies :D

[​IMG]
    The best parts are the little cutscenes with nice canon references.

The worst? Insane loading time whenever I switch back to the game! Just reading the news in between - and it has to reload everything from scratch. :brickwall:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    Markonian and Deledrius like this.
  5. TolkienOtaku

TolkienOtaku Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yep, whatcha got here is what they call an "idle clicker" game. If you've ever come across Cookie Clicker, you'll see the resemblance. Only Cookie Clicker doesn't require money to increase the number.

Deledrius likes this.
  6. NCC-73515

[​IMG]

The Guardian, the Aeon, a Dom-Jot table, the Bozeman, Roswell, the red angel, the Phoenix, a Bajoran orb, the time ship Rasmussen stole, Future Guy, the Atavachron?, Picard's shuttlepod, Isis?, unknown console?, tribbles, the Probert-C, and the Ent-J!

Who knows what those consoles are?

Markonian likes this.
  7. 137th Gebirg

The middle console is either the Atavachron, yeah, or Gary Seven's console (I think they used similar parts, particularly that circular rear-projection screen). That black thing might be the contraption that Ens. Reg Barkley was sitting in when his brain was amped up, but I'm not sure. I can't place it.

That white thing above Isis I believe is Berlinghoff Rasmussen's time travel pod. There's also Shaxs and K'orin on the center- and top-left, and Badgey looking down through the Guardian. This pic has a lot to show.

8. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got kind of tired of these types of games as it seems like once you get to somewhat more advanced stages, you have to either keep spending money to make reasonable progress, or end up grinding for months and months just to get anything done. But this looks like it could possibly be fun.

Kor

9. 137th Gebirg

Still waiting to see it in the Apple Store. I checked there a couple of days ago and nothing. Wondering where all these screen caps are coming from.

10. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

I've merged the 2 threads that were discussing the same game. Well, I hope it is the same game. Please comment if you think it is worthwhile to play or just a grind type game unless you pay cash on a regular basis (vs one off cost which is fair enough).

137th Gebirg likes this.
  11. NCC-73515

Got it on Google Play some 2 weeks ago or so. I enjoy the little details in the graphics, the game itself it not very interesting.

Kor and 137th Gebirg like this.
  12. NCC-73515

More nice things...

[​IMG]

The interrogation room has 4 lights

[​IMG]

Upgraded shuttlebays get type 6, then type 12 shuttles, so maybe the LDS shuttles are type 5 or 4 :D

[​IMG]

Fair Haven with a cute train and a kal-toh game

[​IMG]

TOS sets with the Cage cannon, Rigel painting, crystal entity on the screen, tribbles, Sulu's plant from Man Trap, Gorn skin nailed to the wall with Sulu's sword? :D, planet killer on the screen, and food cubes :D

[​IMG]

Markonian and 137th Gebirg like this.
  13. 137th Gebirg

They finally have this game available in the Apple store. Downloading now!

Markonian likes this.
  14. 137th Gebirg

So I played it. Not too bad, but I quickly got buried in the slog at Episode 7. Everything's going slow now. Dilithium and Latinum production gets quite diminished, which I'm sure is on purpose as many of the missions require character upgrades which you can't easily do without them, thereby forcing people to buy it. Someone did their psychology research when they built this game.

15. NCC-73515

I just let it run in the background a lot and play the ads when I go back for 2x points. Can take days later in the game, but only the events have a timer.

Markonian, bailey and 137th Gebirg like this.
  16. Timofnine

Timofnine Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero Moderator

I have some cool crew now. :bolian:
    D3654185-F5A7-44A1-8F2F-0065B1B1DCBD.jpeg
    3A5E03F3-A0FF-49CE-B8C7-9AE3F8B75225.jpeg
    Made a few minor tactical micro transactions when I first started playing but I’ve gone free to play now. It’s kind of addictive. Harmless background fun which beats candy crush in my opinion.

137th Gebirg and Markonian like this.
  17. 137th Gebirg

Huh... I don't have those gold wall models yet. Do those get added as you advance through the missions?

18. Timofnine

Timofnine Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero Moderator

They are event awards. I’m up to mission 29 now, I am not sure how many missions there are in total and if the gold models will be obtainable through them at some point. There is also a random Tricorder on a display stand which was an event award too. :shrug:

137th Gebirg likes this.
  19. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

I like the references to other shows.
    Swore myself not to spend a dime on this game and so far I’ve been holding up.

Mike McDevitt and 137th Gebirg like this.
  20. NCC-73515

I've been wondering why you can win Enterprise models XD

Markonian likes this.