Discussion in 'Star Trek: Lower Decks' started by Commander Richard, Sep 28, 2022.
I disbelieve. G'night!
This is one of those episodes that needs more running time. Perhaps we'll get part 2 next week?
That Cincinnati joke has been done before. In the Star Trek novel, The Living Memory by @Christopher there is a Andorian security officer that McCoy accuses won’t be partial in the investigation because she was an alien and she says she was born in Cincinnati.
It’s just interesting the same city was used twice in two recent Star Trek media.
I am glad that others enjoyed the episode, but I found it to be a chore to watch.
I loved every part about it. It felt like one of the fun side excursion episodes that feature Quark heavily.
Why Cincinnati? Why not Miluakee?
Interesting side notes:
- Tendi's family is 100% confirmed to be Orion Pirates that has connections with the Orion Syndicate, Tendi is the odd one out that doesn't want to live that kind of life.
- It was interesting when Tendi got serious and basically ordered Rutherford to stop acting like a child / tourist and over indulging his fascination with DS9 and to get to work.
- Not every female Orion has pheromones to control men. Not sure how that works, is it a genetic ability, genetically engineered ability, or technology enhanced to have special pheromones?
Absolutely loved this episode. Big smiles throughout.
Mike and Co delivered an absolute love letter to DS9 with this episode!
10 out of 10 for that alone
the Pylons cruising, wormhole, Promenade, Quark's Bar, Morn!, Ops Center, Sisko's Baseball, Daboo, Kira, Quark and many things more - SO AWESOME !
Lower Decks wise alone they 2 primary lowerdeckers stories were good aswell
Beginning to (finally) warming up to Tendi as a character (finally) - not because of the orion action, but because she doesn't want to be the cliche orion.
Boimler DS9 Daboo King and Jennifer's friends having a crush on him
Loved how Jennifer told Mariner to be Mariner and the STUNNING resolution (pun absolutely intended) was just hilariously awesome (stunning Jennifer's friends wasn't on my bingo card, then stunning themselves together <3)
Also lol Mariner knowing and having Quark's secret holo program
That naive Orion. Doesn’t he know that the majority of Orions haven’t been pirates for nearly 7 years now?
This is super.
Didn’t think that was Kira at first. She looked rather young.
Awww, so Bajor didn't join the Federation?
I think they mentioned the pheromone thing before. In the novels it was only what they call the “pure breeds” that have that ability. Probably some genetic thing that is past down.
Just be glad she isn’t a monk like the books.
Writing before reading, so apologies if I dupe anyone else.
1. So glad they didn't make Nerys a Vedek or Kai. Never liked that, and I don't buy it.
2. Someone must have corrected Freeman's pronunciation off-screen. She uses the ST Online version of "Karemma" in her first log but switches to the DS9 way for the rest.
3. They still have a tailor. I wonder who took over after Garak left.
4. Adam Pally's Orion seems to be wearing a commbadge like the Cerritos crew instead of a DS9 one.
5. That Karemma had a liquid-filled tooth?
Overall, I'm just stoked they didn't canon-fuck DS9.
4. Is probably just an animation error and I think the tooth is gold pressed.
Isn't this only about five years after What You Leave Behind?
Well, according to STO, Kira has become the kai by 2409. She retains the position until 2410, when she reactivates her Starfleet commission to resume captaincy of the USS Defiant. There's room for both careers.
This episode made me miss DS9 so much.
Aww, no USS Defiant (NCC-74205)? We need a sequel episode.
It’s only 6 years after the series finale.
Separate names with a comma.