Star Trek: Lost Scenes....

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Warped9, Jan 15, 2018.

1. alchemist

alchemist Captain Captain

You've made my day! Thanks for posting this!

You're so very welcome!

Thanks for inquiring! Maybe just a little bit, but...

Phaser Two, publiusr and Green like this.
  2. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

NOOOOO
    The most boring movies ever! Aside from the ones Bill Kennedy showed on weekdays when I was home sick.

I was born at Bay City Osteopathic, and both sides of my family are from there btw.

GNDN18 likes this.
  3. Green

Green Commander Red Shirt

The book is a treasure. I have it wrapped up so safe I hate to open it to read it -- but I do!

I'm up for a second and/or a "movies" version. I've been following Trek since 1970 so I will just keep plugging along and picking up great reference stuff like this till I give out!

If it takes a while I will just be patient.

BillJ and GNDN18 like this.
  4. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Starting to feel pessimistic about a follow-up to this with either the original series or the movies.
    Boy would I love to have a similar book with all the deleted scenes from the movies. I guess that would just be a niche of a niche withnot enough diehards to make it feasible.

Pauln6 likes this.
  5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

With the caveat that I have absolutely no insider knowledge on this, I would temper your pessimism just a bit! It's been less than a year since the first book came out.

6. Grant

You're probably right it's a little too early to panic.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Even if its just a one-shot, it is a book I'm glad to have on my shelf.

Grant likes this.
  8. Grant

Super sorry we never got a second volume of this and also depressing is the fact that now they've announced the first four Star Trek movies on 4K discs and once again no deleted scenes featured from Star Trek 2 through 4.
    I had really hoped for a volume with all the deleted scenes from the Star Trek movies which now are 13 movies.
    I would think that the deleted extended alternate scenes from the 13 movies would be enough material for a book but I'm not sure that the demand is there. For me definitely I'm a fanatic about deleted material. A real shame Paramount refuses to give deleted scenes for most of the TOS movies.

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Has it really been just short of three years since this released?! Damn, time flies.

For anyone still on the fence, it is currently $27 on Amazon. A great deal for the package you get.

10. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

If I were Bezos, I’d give all kinds of money to Alchemist and Maurice and Warped9 and the great artists and thinkers to put more TOS era content out.

11. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

You forgot @Harvey .

Phaser Two likes this.
  12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Oof, now I have to think about the moral implications of taking Bezos money?

Okay, I’ll take it, where do I sign?

13. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I’ll get right on that…

Methuselah Flint likes this.
  14. Koloth TOS

Koloth TOS Lieutenant Red Shirt

15. Grant

The way the deleted scenes were presented was very questionable. Not just from a technical aspect in which they were inferior but in the manner in which the viewer could access them. It should have been much easier for the viewer to see the deleted scenes in context and also every single deleted scene should have been included at some point in order. Exactly as is done in the Lost scenes book. There was no reason why they could not present it deleted scenes in more than one spot in the set. The scenes that went along with the 12 featured episodes should have been able to be accessed right before or after watching the episode. But there would have been no technical issue preventing them from also putting all the deleted material on the last disc in order so that the fans could see all the deleted scenes without having to jump across three discs and multiple features. Having said all that I absolutely I'm thrilled that I got to see all the deleted scenes.

16. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

The way they presented those on the discs just reeked of contempt.

Grant likes this.
  17. I am not Herbert

I am not Herbert Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Late to the party here, but kudos and a sincere thanks to the authors of "Star Trek Lost Scenes." I am greatly enjoying it. Perhaps magical thinking 4 years on-- but any possibility of a vol. 2?

Methuselah Flint and Phaser Two like this.
  18. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If there are any more lost scenes I would have thought by this point that they will be used as a hook for the Roddenberry Archive.

Methuselah Flint and BK613 like this.