Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Admiral Buzzkill, May 23, 2013.

1. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek III - The Vengeance Of Khan

Early 2016, Star Trek:The Klingon War animated series.
    May 2016, Star Trek III: Borg King Khan. Kirk and Starfleet are desperate and losing badly, so they ask Khan to help with the Borg threat. But he has other plans.

No? Ok.

2. Norsehound

Norsehound Captain Captain

Khan got more or less what he wanted by being back in the tube asleep with his people safe. Didn't seem to me that he really wanted to destroy the human race or anything- that was just a stated presumption by spock based on Prime Spock's recollections.

Please leave TNG-things alone. New Trek is a return to the Original Series which has been pretty much abandoned since TNG came on the air in 1987. We've already had the Gorn in the video game, but what about the Tholians? There's lots of stuff from the original series that hasn't been seen since it originally aired!

Besides the Borg have been so overused at this point I think you'd get a lot of groaners in the audience. Was anyone really happy to see them return for Enterprise?

I think major confrontation with the Klingons is the next thing up, if they aren't going to revisit something else from the Original Series. The Klinks are the designated antagonists for many TOS episodes and production and maybe a showdown with them is due.

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Star Trek 13.31

4. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

' It was like, "OK, so, just … we'll call it 'Khans and Not-Khans' … 'Khan or Not to Khan' — and then it was like, "Fuck it! We're doing it!"'

Such maturity and nuanced thought in the screenwriting. Is it any wonder Hollywood movies are dumb?

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Why? TNG and its spin-offs played with TOS toys all the time.

People have been wanting to see Kirk vs. the Borg since Q, Who.

6. BillJ

Have you ever written a Hollywood film?

It sounds alot like other productions I've read up on, including Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Star Trek: Insurrection.

7. Norsehound

I dunno, I guess I just think TOS should be good enough on it's own without having to pull from later TNG+ material. It's fine with cameo appearances, but as a major antagonist? The Borg again?

For a long while now I've wanted to see the Gorn, the Tholians, First Federation, and other TOS entities get enough screen time and attention to compete with the Romulans and Klingons for prime antagonist spots. They've mostly been sidelined since TNG came on the air, though the Tholians got a brief surge during Enterprise. Still wishing for more though.

The game Gorn were fantastic! Would be a nice change to see them become as great of an adversary to the Federation as the Klingons are.

8. BillJ

By the time Star Trek 2016 hits theaters, it'll have been twenty years since the Borg were seen on the big-screen. :techman:

For the 50th Anniversary, I'll imagine they will want to put on a show.

9. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's what I'm thinking. Probably a mash up of Q Who and The Best of Both Worlds. The Narada's incursion and subsequent Vengeance happenings arouse the interest of Q about a hundred years early :lol:

They did a good job recasting Khan, I'd be interested to see who Abrams and co. would cast as Q (I also wouldn't mind seeing both Anna Torv and John Noble being given characters in this universe).

10. CorporalClegg

Space zombies have mass appeal potential. Space lizards and/or insects are a novelty.

11. BillJ

Zombie flicks always do well at the Box Office, including Star Trek: First Contact. :techman:

12. Norsehound

Neither the Gorn nor the Tholians have ever made it to the big screen! I'm tired of Space Zombies!

13. CorporalClegg

Yup.

But I think nuBorg are going to be some kind of mix of Classic Borg, Terminators, and Cylons.

14. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

IMO using TNG era antagonists in an OS reboot would be a waste. There are many, many TOS threads left to pick up and weave together so why not save the Borg for TNG reboot?

I also wouldn't go with Khan again so soon. Over the course of the next few films, let the events of ID slowly stir up the best of the regular OS species to the point of all out WAR then unleash Khan forcing them all to work together against a common foe. [/fanwank]

15. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The next one could very well be the last one for this team. Or at least for a lot of them. Contracts are ending, new negotiations will have to be made.
    They don't really have the luxury to leave things for other future possible movies.

16. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Figures. If only they had more time. Has this Star Trek thingy ever considered for a TV show ;)

17. CorporalClegg

There will never be a TNG reboot.

Picard and Kathy were never the right adversaries for the Borg, anyway.

18. Norsehound

I heard someplace that had Trek 2009 not gone as well as expected, they would have tried to move on for a TV series.

I'd be in. It's been so long since Trek put their focus back on the TOS era that it would be a treat to see something like this every week!

19. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

20. Robert_T_April

Robert_T_April Captain Captain

I haven't. The Borg is to Picard what Khan was to Kirk. Leave the Borg alone....PLEASE?!

The Tholians...Andorians...Klingons...Romulans...Tellerites...YES PLEASE!

The Borg?...HELL NO!

Last edited: May 24, 2013