Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Admiral Buzzkill, May 23, 2013.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Never too soon to start fighting about the next one.

I can't decide whether they're more likely to leave Khan alone for one movie and focus on something like Klingons, or whether Cumberbatch is just too irresistible now that he's been set up.

Probably the latter, given that they're going to rely increasingly on foreign box office after this and now that he's revealed they can use Khanberbatch more explicitly to promote the film. People are saying that not being able to focus on the villain during promotion hurt this movie (arguable, I think) and what's better than a familiar villain folks recognize?

Marla McGivers is still out there somewhere. Bets that she's involved in the next one. Probably works at the cryonics facility. ;)

2. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    Re: Star Trek III - The Vengeance Of Khan

I think they will leave him alone for the next one. And if he's not in the next one, he may never return to this part of the franchise.

3. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My hope is now that JJ and co. have Khan out of their systems, they'll do something more original on the next outing. I really want to see more of the Klingons in this universe. I think they were the best part of Into Darkness; they looked absolutely amazing.

My hope is that's the focus in the next movie. Just don't retread anything from The Search for Spock.

I will say this, though. I know it was dealt with on Enterprise, but I really loved the whole idea of the Klingons experimenting with genetic engineering after the three part Augment arc.

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Well, there's nothing original about using the Klingons either - they're a prefab menace at this point. I've no doubt that these producers can make that exciting, though.

Doing a close-up on Khan's cryotube at the end of the movie constitutes anything but having the character "out of their systems." This movie really plays like a set-up for a bigger confrontation and given the somewhat soft box office opening for Into Darkness I expect they'll want to pay off their investment is setting up Cumberbatch/Khan in this one right away.

5. Amasov

The difference there, though, is that the Klingons are an entire race. Khan is just one man. There's more room for originality with the Klingons, in my opinion.

You could be right about that, but I hope they don't bring him back so quickly. I said in another thread, I didn't think it was a good idea to lift things out of The Wrath of Khan. In my opinion, if you're going to lift anything, I would have preferred they pull material from the original Space Seed episode.

But, yes, you do get that feeling they are setting it up for an even bigger confrontation. They probably would have killed him otherwise. I'm just glad they didn't maroon him.

6. Admiral Buzzkill

They pulled a lot of elements from both Space Seed and TWOK for this movie, and what with characters like McGivers still out there in the aether they could do that for a second film as well.

7. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

Bored of Klingons, Romulans and the Borg.

I am interested in the crew and the Enterprise, I hope they focus on things that center around them. We seen how Kirk got the chair, we seen the price Kirk paid to earn it in the sequel.

Now let's see how the crew are after their 5 year mission. It doesn't matter what the adversary is aslong as the core family and comradeship theme of the crew and the ship runs through the film.

8. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm hoping they bring back this guy. :lol:

[​IMG]

9. elric428

elric428 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

It's the Borg next.

Not sure what else you can do with Khan in a next movie that they didn't already do here.

11. Spike730

Spike730 Captain Captain

I kinda liked that they didn't kill of the big baddie for a change. So I'd be happy if they left him in his tube.

12. sj4iy

sj4iy Commander Red Shirt

Well, I won't lie- I would love to see Benedict Cumberbatch again full of vengeance for the Enterprise. However, I doubt they will get back to him so soon. Although, maybe if they do a 4th movie, I would love if he teamed up with the Klingons or something and go on a mission of destruction through the federation. Really, I think his vengeance would be aimed at Spock instead of Kirk this time. But, I am fine with other stories, because this one kicked ass imo.

13. elric428

elric428 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Next Up... Star Trek The Search For Pike?

14. Robert_T_April

Robert_T_April Captain Captain

My guess is that we will see Khan again, but not in Star Trek 3.
    I'm going to assume that Abrams will comb through the original episodes and come up with a cool idea that way as they are on their 5 year mission now, and no doubt will encounter many of the things they encountered in the original timeline.
    I do believe Khan will be back though...just not in Trek 3

15. Admiral Buzzkill

I like Lindelof. He gives good interview. :lol:

Nothing definitive in it about Khan's future, though. Lindelof isn't the final arbiter of any of that, particularly if - as he suggests - he's too immersed in other projects to be available for ST III.

16. Amasov

Star Trek XIV: The Voyage to Ceti Alpha V

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Yup.

18. Cinema Geekly

Cinema Geekly Commander Red Shirt

Borg Tribble alliance vs. Starfleet/Klingons

19. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

It must, then, include musical numbers. If there is no song to commemorate the Great Tribble Hunt, I will boycott the next movie. :scream:

20. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

Hopefully BC will be back he's proven to be a good villain he's sent asleep and sent to ceti alpha five awoken by the klingons kirk comes back from his historic 5 year mission and khan has his revenge.. Kirk defeats him carol leaves the enterprise after kirk puts her in danger with his unborn son... Spock and McCoy leave starfleet Spock goes back to new Vulcan to perform kolinar,Scotty sees the refit of the enterprise and kirk is promoted to admiral. Uhura splits up with spock Chekov and sula are promoted and stay with the refit enterprise. Kirk also promotes newly assigned captain Matt decker to the enterprise.....