Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Admiral Buzzkill, May 23, 2013.

1. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Plenty of soap opera with nuKirk/nuCarol and nuUhura/nuSpock.

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Star Trek XIII: Double Date

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't actually want to see either but maybe Cumberbatch could play Q. Somehow the cosmic Q force encounters Khan and merges with his consciousness before his demise.

Whatever the plot I wouldn't mind a Mudd vignette like the Nibiru opening of Into Darkness. Though I think I'll do a spit take if they bring the Genesis device or anything else from Star Trek II/III. I do like some people's mention of the mirror universe because I think that does have a lot of mainstream recognition that it might just work.

4. F. King Daniel

I think nuTrek is already Bizarro World enough without adding it's own nutty evil sub-universe.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

They could have mirror Kirk and mirror Spock be romantically involved and Uhura could be Spock's beard.

6. desertstarlover

desertstarlover Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Or they could do something very different, (or fabulous, depending how you look at it) and have a gay person in the next one. That doesn't mean it has to be Sulu or even have that person have a love interest.

7. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Star Trek needs more gay.

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Luthor has to be the villain......

Wait, what thread was this again?

9. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hopefully they bring in Brainiac in the 3rd...

I hope they bring back lensflares in STXIII. STiD still had them, but not in the amount wee all would have preferred. MOAR LENZFLARE!

10. F. King Daniel

Khan's blood infusion slowly sends Kirk mad, and it comes down to an angst-ridden fist fight between Khan-strength Kirk and Spock, with shades of a reverse "Amok Time" and the fate of the universe at stake.

11. geneo

geneo Lieutenant Red Shirt

That would surely doom the franchise because then only gays would go see it or gays and people who see nothing wrong with it, the straight people would not go see it and there are more of them than gays I'd say. Star Trek New Voyages went down the tubes big time when they introduced their gay person, lots of people quit watching it. The same would happen here.

12. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

I don't know about everybody else, but New Voyages did it so badly that it just made me feel uncomfortable. It felt wrong somehow, almost like they were making me feel like I'll be the "token gay" from now on.

13. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Have you any evidence to support these assertions?

14. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

This isn't the 1950's anymore. We are now a much more open and accepting society. Plus, there's no way they could handle it as poorly as the New Voyages/Phase II folks did.

Don't toss a token gay character at me, give me a well-rounded character that happens to be gay. I'm not gay and I'm not stupid.

15. Nerys Myk

So Star Trek can't handle "the gay" but Modern Family can?

16. BillJ

This. Plus, it doesn't seem to be hurting the ratings of the show in any way.

17. geneo

geneo Lieutenant Red Shirt

Well, as stated and proven by a poster already, hundreds or more quit watching New Voyages. As I understand there was a user or a poster on here last year that got booted off because of his postings about gay but before that happened I was told he had quite a following. I can't believe a comparison between Star Trek and Modern Family..two totally complete kinds of genre, cannot compare. I personally do not watch shows that have gay characters, acting or real.

18. Nerys Myk

That you know of.

Lets see, both Modern Family and Star Trek are entertainment properties that rely on the public's support ( through viewing ) to remain in production. The genre is irrelevant, the ratings and box office are what matters.

You do realize that one of Star Trek's philosophies is acceptance and inclusion. Data and Spock are "gay" ( and black and handicapped and well you get the idea)

19. BillJ

So you don't watch Star Trek? George Takei is gay.

20. BillJ

He's obviously completely missed the subtext.