Spoilers Star Trek: Discovery 2x13 - "Such Sweet Sorrow"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Commander Richard, Apr 11, 2019.

?

Hit it!

1. 10 - Sweet.

27.0%
  2. 9

27.8%
  3. 8

15.7%
  4. 7

12.9%
  5. 6

4.4%
  6. 5

4.4%
  7. 4

2.8%
  8. 3

2.0%
  9. 2

2.0%
  10. 1 - Sorrowful.

0.8%
  1. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

This episode was awesome. Seeing the Big "E" updated bridge was amazing. the character moments between everybody was awesome. Discovery has definitely redeem themselves since Season 1. Anson Mount really nailed it as Pike and I hope CBS will consider a Pike-Spin-off.

2. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

Two-dimensional thinking. Hardly surrounded.

More work for Eaglemoss sculptors ahead...

3. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're sourrounded in a plane. 2-d thinking like Khan?
    Much or most of the sentimentality didn't move me. Sarek did when he apologized. Ash and Burnham just seemed forced, thoug h many real ppl in love don't have c henistry either.

I predict Spock and Georgiou make it off.

Thowra and Jadeb like this.
  4. plynch

ninja'd, gadzooks

IMC Headquarters likes this.
  5. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

No one's complaining about the turbolift tonight... :lol:

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw a phaser BEAM in the next episode trailer, not a pulse, but an actual BEAM

SJGardner, Cold Fusion and Vger23 like this.
  8. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Weeeeelllll bloody hell, that was a launch into the stratosphere, now wasn't it?!

GREAT
    * The Enterprise Bridge? Gorgeous. Beautiful, clean lines, with that touch of nostalgia we all recognize from the original.
    * Nobody shoots Tilly and gets away with it! *runs feebly towards Leland/Control. Is shot*
    * I love that Tilly grabs her photo of herself and Michael, and then the snowglobe. Such sweet Tilliness.
    * Dammit Paul and Hugh! Kiss and make up already! ARGH!
    * Yay, Xahea! We get to see Queen Po again! She's so awesome!
    * Tilly's familiarity with Po is so much fun, and I mean all of it: the ice cream, the hand signs, the hugs.
    * "This is Captain Pike. The Captain." I laughed.
    * Jett Reno always gets a favorable hit from me. I like her, and apparently so does Po.
    * Actually, the whole brainstorming section is brilliant. They get technical without diving into technobabble. This is how it's done, IMO.
    * "Sorry, Lovebug." Oh yes, I laughed until it hurt. Score one more for Jett Reno
    * The bridge crew (and a few others) gathering together in solidarity with Michael. She's not carrying this burden alone.
    * Oh, oh, I get it. Keep winking and nodding about who becomes the next Captain. Oh yeah? I don't care! I'm going to go Captain my own starship, with blackjack! And hookers! Forget the starship!

GOOD
    * I like the design of the retractable gangways leading from the Discovery to the Enterprise. It answers a few questions about quickly moving personnel off ship quickly.
    * I'm sure I've said this before, but I love DSC's version of Sarek and Amanda. They just fit so well, and I think it does Mark Lenard and Jane Wyatt much honor.
    * Tyler running interference against Section 31? Yes, this pushes him up a couple of notches in my book. Good work, Tyler.
    * "I still dislike you." "The feeling's mutual." Also, Jett trying to process Tilly's hug is adorkable as hell.

MEH
    * Stop it with the goddamn spinning camera. Why?! Why do you do this?! I grab my desk every time you do this.
    * Relationship between Tyler and Burnham still doesn't work for me. I try, but there's no spark there. I'd rather see Michael with Tilly, or maybe Saru.

BLERGH
    * None.

This is one hell of a penultimate season episode. From start to finish I was engrossed, and I think they kept the pacing, while telling a good story with just the right mix of action. I don't do halves, so there's no 8.5 or 9.5s, it's all whole numbers with me. That said, is it worth a 10? I weighed it back and forth in my head, working it out like Po did during the bull session to figure out how to power the suit without killing everyone in the vicinity (great scene, by the way). They really did work hard to get us primed for next week, and even though next week is the big enchilada, I have to look at this episode on its own merits, and in all honesty? I absolutely enjoyed it. Could it have been better? Oh I'm sure there are tweaks here and there I'd like to see, but on the whole was it was I wanted most in a Star Trek episode? Damned skippy. It delivered. For me, there is no doubt in my mind that this episode gets a GENUINE 10.

More like this, please.

9. Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror Commodore Commodore

This was very emotional. I do dig the bridge redesign

Mechanoid1 likes this.
  10. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    This is w exactly why I gave it a 9 ...
    Damn Freakin' Next Thursday is an Eternity Away!!!!!!

but it's really a TEN!!
    :biggrin:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    RedAlert and Mechanoid1 like this.
  11. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

I gave it a 10 for the Enterprise bridge alone...and Number One puts it at 11.

12. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thats not a genuine readout. Someone's playing Starfleet Command on the job. :lol:

SJGardner, 137th Gebirg and Deledrius like this.
  13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Episode 14 spoiler
    Phaser BEAM
    [​IMG]

14. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Really wished they'd give her a name.

Also it seems like there are two types of Section 31 ships. The smaller ones we've been seeing, and this bigger type that seems like a sleeker, more sinister Cardenas class. Also that larger class seems to come with both single and double pairs of nacelles. Plus it has its own "attack flyers".

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

It's the power of math, people!

16. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

Goodness that was FUN, something Trek hasn't been inna while ;-)

17. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    My 11 is saved for next week's episode.
    I'm already squealing at the preview!
    :beer::biggrin::techman:

Gonzo and Vger23 like this.
  18. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

More of that Transformer tech at the beginning. :)

19. plynch

I envy you all and your delight. I t was ok, to me.

20. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Section 31 series is not imminent. Kurtzman has already stated that show may not even start until after Discovery ends.

Deledrius likes this.