Star Trek - A New Order

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Gordie, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Gordie

Gordie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Scene 2.3

Picard and the Vulcan ambassador are having a private conversation aboard the Vulcan ship. The admiral is upset and is letting the ambassador know this.

Picard: For a race that prides itself on it's ability to use reasoning this move makes no sense. It would be better for the quadrant if Vulcan remained a part of the council. You know the Romulans far too well.

Ambassador: We cannot sit at the same table with them. I am sure you are aware of our people's history.

Picard: If you don't want the Romulans to exert further control over the region than it would be best to stay. Let them you know you are watching them.

Ambassador: Not to worry about that Admiral, be assured we will be watching whatever our decision. But maybe there is a way we could come to an agreement. If perhaps Federation head-quarters were moved from Earth to Vulcan, then maybe we could reconsider our recent, hasty decision.

Picard getting upset: Ah. And there it is. I knew there had be reason for this foolish decision. It doesn't surprise me though that Vulcan would act this way however. And if The Federation won't move then what? Will you start spying on us like you did with the Andorians?

Ambassador: That is far in the past Admiral. A different time with different politics. That was a mistake that will not be repeated.

Picard unconvinced: Well we shall see.

2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Admiral Admiral

That's all well and good that it intrigues you. I get the passion for the idea and crafting a longer season. But, that why question of what makes this unique will need some meat.

Gordie likes this.
  3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hate to admit it, but I only made it about one and a half scenes into it before you lost me. Sorry.
    A couple thoughts on what I read:
    Why is Riker back down to a commander after we last saw him being promoted to Captain at the end of Nemesis?
    I'd also add in at least a bit of exposition about why Wesley gave up being a Traveler and went back to Starfleet. Or is that going to be a mystery that will be explored later?

ChallengerHK and fireproof78 like this.
  4. Gordie

Thanks for the reply. I assume you mean when Wesley referred to him as Commander? That is because when they last saw each other, Riker was commander. iirc.

These scenes are not necessarily in order, and there are scenes missing in between. There will be a scene at Star base 12, where Riker gets his assignment before his death for example. But that said, I haven't fully fleshed out the details about Crusher and his return.

5. jespah

jespah Rear Admiral Moderator

FYI @Gordie kindly refrain from more than 2 posts in a row in any thread. Please give other members a chance to comment. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Gordie likes this.
  6. Maurice

Maurice Fact Trekker Premium Member

Hey @Gordie, what @jespah was referring to are the board rules about posting. If you haven't perused the board FAQ it's linked HERE. The most relevant portions related to posting frequency are:

-No Spamming. You can't post the same thing multiple times on the board, or post the same thing over and over in a certain thread or forum, or continuously make posts that have no real content or relevance to what is being discussed. Spamming can even just be posting too much--as a general rule, don't post more than two or three threads [topics] in a forum within a reasonable length of time. Just posting stuff like "Okay, " or "I agree!" could be spamming. Contribute to a discussion; don't just build post count.

- Post no more than twice in a row. This is so you don't dominate a discussion/thread. Use the quote function if you need to answer multiple posts aimed at you.​

If no one replies to you after a while, like a day or so, it's usually okay to post again.

Gordie likes this.
  7. Gordie

The main players...

The bad guys:

Breen, Orion Syndicate, Cardassians, and a group of rogue Borg who operate the smaller sphere as opposed to the larger cube. They have somehow severed their connection to the collective but are still connected to one another. They still operate as Borg. They are supplied with future drones by the Breen in return for working with them. Forcing assimilation upon others would result in losing drones and damage to the sphere so agreeing to help the Breen was logical to them.

The good guys:

The Federation, Bajor Romulus.

The Ferengis remain neutral.

8. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

Does that rule apply if someone is posting segments of a long fan-fic?

I think that's kind of what the act/scene descriptions above are.

ChallengerHK likes this.
  9. jespah

jespah Rear Admiral Moderator

I'm cool with that - but the reality is, if we're going to go down that road, then it should really be in the fan fic forum.

10. fireproof78

I know Vulcans can be dicks but this seems extreme, even for them. Even with their history with the Romulans it doesn't seem, well, logical.

Gordie likes this.
  11. Gordie

Yes, I agree, There could or should be some additional motivation. But yes, the Vulcans are dicks, and more or less want to portray them as such. lol

12. fireproof78

There is a difference between occasionally being dicks and breaking a long standing alliance.

Where's the logic in that?

13. Gordie

The Vulcans claim to be logical, and act like it. But when comes to back door politics and espionage, they are no different then anyone else really. I think they are the least trustworthy member of the Federation.

But as you can see, this work is not nearly complete. Other reasons will be inserted I am sure.

14. fireproof78

Ok, but there still needs to be a reason aside from personal feelings that they are "the least trustworthy species." Largely because that's a rather serious change to Star Trek lore for the sake of it.

15. Gordie

Absolutely.