Star Trek 2009 differences between theatrical and home versions of the movie

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by captainkirk, Nov 20, 2021.

1. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

No, just a regular screening. I also only saw it once in theaters. At this point it seems like I simply misremembered those moments and by coincidence my faulty memory matches what was in the script.

Kor and BillJ like this.
  2. Rahul

Rahul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay, I'm going to be weird about this:
    I remember those lines too! They're not on the DVD/Home release? (I watched this movie two or three times in total, didn't read the novelization, script or anything else though).

I especially remember the "and you never will"-part, because I thought that was pretty stupid back then - they're literally on the same bus to become classmates at that very moment!

And I feel like I heard the "looks like you"--part, too, because at that these lines I always try to check if they managed to film a real baby/puppet/3-months old baby/how close it atually resembles the actors.:lol:
    Sidenote: I watched the theatrical version, in englisch, in a German theater. So who knows.

But yeah, snippets and weird cuts between movies/home versions happen quite more than one might imagine - film cutting is usually an ongoing process until the last minute before (or sometimes after) release (there's like literally even 4 or 5 different cuts of the original Star Wars just from 1977 alone!). But usually the differences are SO miniscule, no one catches them. Like this one - I would have never noticed. I'm actually not 100% sure myself. But I lean more towards "you didn't imagine that, because I remember that, too", than "collective Mandela effect" (but could be that, too - the more I think about it, the less sure I become).

3. The Knappos

The Knappos Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It’s been a fair while since I watched 2009, but your post has made me sure I remember these lines.

4. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

And I had just convinced myself I'd imagined them! :lol: Now I don't know what to think.

5. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I bet that came about because most kids probably only ever saw the movie once, then got the Scholastic Storybook in 1977-1978, which contained that scene (with photos).

My personal Star Trek false memory is from TWOK, I thought in the Mutara battle Kirk had a line stating, “Fire Phaser Bank 2” when Enterprise used the port side ventral phaser bank. I used to try and then figure out how the banks would be numbered if that one was #2, presuming that the forward ones were Bank #1.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    Mike Farley likes this.