Space Shuttle Launch Viewing

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by jkladis, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Oh yes...the sound. It's like ear sex.

Nothing like standing behind the clock, feeling the heat, watching the fish jump out of the water in a "ZOMG, WTF" moment and then feeling the concussion from the engines slam your chest and make your entire body vibrate to the frequency of love.

2. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember seeing a video of a shuttle launch on one of those home video shows on TV.

We heard the countdown, then the blast of engines, but the shuttle just sat there. A quick WTF from the camera man and then he turned round to see exhaust fumes from the actual launch :o

3. TerriO

TerriO Writer-type human Premium Member

Antique? This one had whithered away to a husk! Would you forgive such an antique thread bump?

Dude, the only reason I'm not warning you is because it's my own damn fault for catching this so late. Personal issues have made the last few days a bit, well, let's not go there. I've warned for bumping threads that were three months old before. Bumping one that dates back to OCTOBER? :eek:

Good to know you finally got to see a launch, though. The only shuttle I've ever seen on the pad was Challenger.

4. jkladis

jkladis Moderator Admiral

You have got to be fucking kidding me. How long have you been around this place? Bumping with purpose has NEVER been deemed verboten at the Trek BBS.

Go find a mirror, read these questions out loud and answer them to yourself:

What's the name of this forum?
    What is the content of my thread?
    What material did I provide with the post and how is it relevant to the thread's timeline?

Dude, you want to warn my ass, you go right ahead. But as moderators, we have to own up to our horseshit calls. In case you missed initiation, I'll make sure to refresh you from time to time.

Christ on a pogo aside, the launch was fantastic. Hot as hell! One side effect is the desire to go back already. I'm curious about the boat trips offered, but not sure if the view will be much better.

5. TerriO

TerriO Writer-type human Premium Member

I'm not going to get into a fight with you over this. I've had the world's worst week, and I don't want to risk taking it out on anyone.

Now that you've had your vent, here's what I'll do. Since this is obviously such a general topic for everyone, I'll pin a thread that allows discussion of shuttle launch viewing for the duration of this forum. No worries about bumps that way, no worries about people getting into fights because of interpretations of the bumping rule, no hassles except the usual watch for trolls/flames/spam.

Closing this. I'll start the other one in a minute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.