Source of Picard’s dreams (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by JirinPanthosa, Jan 25, 2020.

1. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Time will tell........I doubt it will be that straight forward.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Sub-Commander Selok ("Data's Day") lived in the Federation for decades as Ambassador T'Pel. Romulans are use to playing the long con. :techman:

Gonzo likes this.
  3. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

At the very least I do think they know more than they are letting on.

They may be trying to help or protect Picard, they could be the reason he is having the dreams.

We will find out soon enough.

KennyB likes this.
  4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Picard's Irish-Romulan housekeeper betrays him, I'm done with the Star Trek franchise.

MSPpete likes this.
  5. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    I just thank GOD she doesn't have red hair or I'd still be drooling from wet dreams between the sheets.
    :drool:
    And she better NOT be a villain!

(although, a leather catsuit might be apropos since Seven has given up hers)
    :devil:

6. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

I dont get villain vibes from Zhaban or Laris but I do think they are hiding something.

7. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't forget Pardek, who strung Spock along for about 80 years.

PS: I embarrassingly never actually knew that Pardek and Commodore Mendez were both played by Malachai Throne until fairly recently!

8. SoM

SoM Captain Captain

If they are - or worse they are, in fact, "sleeper agent" villains - I would be very disappointed. Both for general stereotyping reasons (a trap ST has often fallen into when it comes to alien races with one character trait to share between then) and because of something specific to this episode:

"No, not 'Romulan lives', lives."

If we're meant to take Picard's side, not the reporter's, Picard's Romulan assistants (carers?) cannot be the typical backstabbing Romulans we've seen so much of.

[Please note, however, that there's a big difference in hiding something from the audience and hiding something from Picard himself.]

Gonzo and SpocksOddSocks like this.
  9. CRM-114

CRM-114 Captain Captain

They kind of already are.

10. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

The opening credits shows android bits and parts swirling around only to coalesce into Jean-Luc at the very end, so you might be onto something.

11. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

In this episode we are just as clueless as Picard is, he can see their reactions just as well as we can, plus we see them from Picards perspective when he wakes up after the attack so in this case I do not think there is meant to be a difference between our perspective and Picards, it is probably one of the reasons why so many have enjoyed the episode finding things out and putting the pieces together at the same time as he does.

How long that will continue for remains to be seen.

I dont think Laris and Zhaban will be villains but they may consider their care taking duties beyond what Picard is aware of or would be comfortable with, their origin and current affiliations could end up being unexpected as well.

I saw a comment in the forum (I think it was anyway) that was posted soon after the initial US release that was a bit critical of the fight scenes at times as they didnt feel/look right and thought it down to choreography, I had not watched the episode yet but remembered to pay attention when I did, the impression I got from the fight scenes was that not everything we are seeing should be taken at face value,.

For instance when they came for Dahj at the start they knew she was not activated yet they put a bag over her head which seemed to trigger exactly that, almost like they wanted her to activate rather than trying to guard against it, did they want her to run and was her boyfriend no more than he seemed as they were very quick to put him down even though he was not even close to being the biggest threat in the room.

Same goes for the final fight where Dahj disappears, we dont see her die or her body before Picard is knocked out, it was clearly causing her pain but we all know its not hard to fake someones death or incineration in this era.

12. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I don't think Picard's second dream requires any unusual explanation. His subconscious was cluing him in on where he'd seen Dahj before.

Gonzo, Gepard and SpocksOddSocks like this.
  13. WarpFactorZ

I really hope not. This is slightly less worse that the early speculation about Picard happening in the Kelvinverse. We want to see this show because it's the Picard we grew up with, not some android with memory engrams of Picard. Also, with synth tech the way it is, why is he in a replica of a 94 year old body?

Sometimes a little critical thinking helps to smooth things out.

14. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure that the only reason those two characters exist is to betray Picard.

15. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

The designs are probably for the audience, the more human they look the easier it is for the audience to empathize with them. This isn't always the case, but generally that's why Trek does it.

I don't think they're hiding anything, the Countdown comic shows that they're both Tal Shiar and that's how they're introduced to Picard. They fell in love and defected in order to help Picard. They likely stay with him because they have no where else to go, so I don't think they're up to anything. We probably will have plenty of shady Romulans though, these two seem to be cool though.

16. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Twist: What they brought back from the Borg in BOBW2 was already a synth that appeared to be human ;)

FreddyE likes this.
  17. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

And he was in the Nexus. This means he has Nexus powers like Guinan as well as Borg powers.

18. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't forget his Bullet Time powers from Insurrection:lol:

Commander Richard likes this.
  19. WarpFactorZ

They should rename the show Heroes: Picard.

F. King Daniel likes this.
  20. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Obviously the Red Angel.