So What Happened to Jake After His Dad...Ascended?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Photon, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Sisko_is_my_captain

Sisko_is_my_captain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It seems to me that a fellowship would essentially allow him to work with a particular major professor. Even with technology, a given in-demand person can only mentor a certain limited number of students. So if you want a good prof, you still need to be competitive. Anyone can get a decent holo-education, but a talented author / professor would be a limited resource.

2. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd imagine he spent the rest of his life trying to get his dad back after those *#@! -wormhole aliens stole him. After all that wouldn't be without precedent ;)

Qonundrum, SolarisOne and Kilana2 like this.
  3. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess it's time to have fun with the question.

Jake stood next that window in the final scene, for the rest of his life, looking out at the wormhole hoping his dad would return only he never did. Kind of like poor Seymour on "Futurama" waiting for Fry to return.

Jake steals one the Bajoran Orbs so he can contact his dad anytime he wants. Now a criminals he spends his life running form the law helping people out along the way with some trusty help of Dad/Orb. . Which is the basis on a new Trek show called "Jake and the Orb Man."

Jake marries Kassidy and then SIsko returns to find out and is enraged. But then Jake's old girlfriend returns in Marta and we find out she is carrying Captain Sisko's secret love child. But then things get really bad when we find out SIsko and Kassidy's child has rabidly aged to the 20 and also has a evil twin who has been living on Bajor and has bought the property rights to the Sisko family home and wants to sell it to Quark. All featured in Trek's very first daytime Soap Opera" called" As the Sisko's Turn."

Jason

Qonundrum likes this.
  4. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As if being rabid weren't bad enough already ...

Jayson1 likes this.
  5. Nakita Akita

Nakita Akita Commodore Commodore

He stayed on the station.
    Did a little writing here and there.
    Kassidy moved to Bajor for a few years with the baby then went back to her freighter pilot career after the baby was older.

She would stop by the station often and visit with Jake so that the two boys would get to know each other.
    Sometimes they would vacation at the homestead house on Bajor.
    Sometimes Jake would go to the house to write.
    Jake eventually marries a girl and they have two kids.

6. Jayson1

Okay but how do we work in some spaceship battles and political intrigue into this idea. Something at least needs to explode at some point.

Jason

7. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Why? Jake's a writer, not a Starfleet officer.

Qonundrum likes this.
  8. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

No one would take him seriously after he started complaining about freedom of the press β€” while (voluntarily) living under a totalitarian government.

9. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

I would think he could take a ship into the wormhole once in awhile to see his dad.
    He’d probably travel and write, then come home to DS9 occasionally to visit Ben.

10. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

His articles were published as a book--he was taken seriously.

11. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

12. Jayson1

I know. I was just making a joke about how his kind of normal mundane life would lack some of the thrills and adventure people are use to in Trek. Me I would love a Trek show to kind of of take that "Day in the LIfe" type of storytelling and make a whole show about it. I recall the DS9 writers talking about how they felt they could have done whole stories of the crew just living their daily life on the station because the characters and built in conflict would make for good drama.

Jason

Qonundrum likes this.
  13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

He wrote the bestseller "My Dad Ascended And All I Got Was A Lousy T-Shirt"

Qonundrum and Nakita Akita like this.
  14. Nakita Akita

Sure stuff blows up, thrills and chills.

He sub-spaces Kira and asks about the upper pylon explosion because he is on Vulcan writing a story about modern Vulcan
    Art when it happens.
    Then while he is on Bajor there is a huge protest going on with explosions and people attacking each other, but it was at 1:00 in the morning and in a city on a different continent. The first he heard about it was on his computer the following morning over his coffee. ( actually his wife heard about it because he slept late, so she showed him the reports)
    Then there was some sort of major water contamination issue on Vulcan, alas, it happened two days after he had left.

Jayson1 likes this.
  15. Nakita Akita

He was young.

16. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ben's child with Kasidy is just the right age to be a newly-minted ensign in the Picard show.

Just sayin.

LizStargaryen likes this.
  17. Jayson1

Seeing as how his mom is working on Orville a CBS show might not want to touch that possible fan issue.

Jason

18. Nakita Akita

Obviously it's not Kassidy.
    I'm pretty sure that it is simply a person that looks a lot like her. :shrug:
    Or she could be a cousin or even a sister.
    But it's not Kassidy.:wtf:

19. Jayson1

In my head canon Orville is a mirror universe where Starfleet never formed and the galaxy even created different aliens. Yet some of the same people still exist. Kassidy has a different name and personality but it's the same person. Just like how Doctor Zimmerman in this universe left earth and was genetically altered to become a new alien to erase his past. Look for this in future "Orville" stories.:)

Jason

20. Nakita Akita

Okay, I am only part nerd. :ack:
    I don't know who Dr. Zimmerman is.
    But the doctor on the Orville is a cousin of Kassidy Yates.
    They live far from each other now.
    Kassidy lives on and around Bajor.
    Doctor (can't recall her name, that pesky 1/2 nerd thing) from Orville and Kassidy sometimes visit one another and they "write" to one another over sub-space communications.
    They were very close as children but what with busy lives they just can't spend the time together as much as they would like.:confused:

Being only 1/2 nerd, I have to build my reality with the small amount of available nerdness I have acquired. :wah: