So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just finishing up with The Bloody Red Baron by Kim Newman, then it's on to The Body Electric by David Mack:D

2. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished the first Slings an Arrows book, which was somewhat disappointing.

Now I'm reading The Body Electric.

3. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm reading Startrek TOS Across the universe by Pamela Sargent and George Sebrowski.

4. Fer

Fer Commander Red Shirt

Just finished the first book in the Han Solo trilogy, The Paradise Snare. Today I'll be starting Book 2, The Hutt Gambit. Up on deck is Book 3, Rebel Dawn. Reminds me why I enjoyed Ann Crispin's books so much!

5. S. Gomez

S. Gomez Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Leaving on a trip the day after Christmas so I picked up something short and sweet: Terrance Dicks' novelization, Doctor Who And The Abominable Snowmen. If I don't finish before I leave, I'll take it and Doctor Who And The Enemy of The World with me.

6. Stormdoodle

Stormdoodle Ensign Newbie

Having finished all the DS9 relaunch books and the Star Trek Destiny series, I have just started the the Typhon pact series.

7. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Currently reading Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi : Apocalypse.

8. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished Star Trek: Vanguard: In Tempest's Wake last night. I'm now reading Star Trek: The Next Generation: Immortal Coil.

9. rahullak

rahullak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was half-way through Kill Decision by Daniel Suarez, when I got Star Trek The Next Generation: Cold Equations: The Body Electric. Starting on it now!

10. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

The third book in the series, Judgment of Tears, is good, too.

11. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At first I thought I was missing one, but over here, it looks like it's called Dracula Cha Cha Cha. I think I prefer the US title though. It's on the list of books to read:)

12. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Yep, they're the same book. I probably should've listed the British title as well.

13. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Finished 11.22.63 - mostly King's best book in years, more a candidate for "the great American novel" than anything else he's done, but it loses a point or two from what would have been an 11/10 for the utterly predictable obligatory "the present is now Hill Valley in BTTF Part II" sequence.

I think if I'd been editor, I'd have strongly recommended ending at Little Rock, maybe in the bus station, on Jake having a big decision to make about where he goes from there.

But, then, King's a rich legend and I'm a nobody whom no-one will work with twice, so probably best to ignore that opinion as it's probably wrong, and I'm the only one who can't see it.

Oh, one other thing I found odd was the number of apparent Britishisms used by the 1958-63 characters - fag for cigarette, for example - and I wonder if that's changes for the UK edition, or if they were actually common in the US back then

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  14. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I intended to reread A Christmas Carol tonight, but can't find the book in the mess that's the spare room, so...

15. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I recently finished reading Star Trek: TNG: Cold Equations: The Body Electric and All You Need is Kill.

16. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Published my review of the third book in the Errand of Vengeance trilogy, River of Blood by Kevin Ryan.

Currently reading Chain of Attack by Gene DeWeese, Cold Equations, Book III: The Body Electric by David Mack, and a recently-received gift of Federation: The First 150 Years. Looks like the holidays will be Trek-filled for me!

17. Admiral Rex

Admiral Rex Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yesterday, I started reading Indistinguishable from Magic by David McIntee. It's been a fast, enjoyable read, but Georgi knows everyone he runs into throughout the novel. It's Geordi's "This Is Your Life."

I also received Federation: The First 150 Years for Christmas. I haven't started reading it yet. I just stare at how beautiful it looks on display.

18. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Started David Mack's new book, The Body Electric:bolian:

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished up the first Kate Daniels novel, Magic Burns last night and I loved it. Kate was a great character, she was sarcastic without being annoying and she kicked ass, two things I love in these kinds of characters. I love the world that was created around her, it was definitely one of the more unique urban fantasy universes I've come across yet. My rating: 5/5

20. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished reading The Further adventures of Sherlock Holmes The Titanic tragedy.It was quite an interesting read.I hope to start reading Startrek A fury Scorned and then Persistance of memory.