So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

If there was a Ahsoka/Rex story developed for the unproduced CW season, they might be using some of that for the Ahsoka/Rex stuff in Rebels.

2. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm sure their backstory will be discussed in Rebels, but I want to see the whole story!

3. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm reading Sky masters by Dale Brown. This military novel is full of technobabble more than some of the recent Star trek books I've read. The story is good but all the techie jargon gets tedious after awhile.

4. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

after bouncing around reading other trek books, i decided to start the post-tv series from scratch and in chronological order beginning with DS9: Avatar Book One. Thanks to that useful reading flowchart, i plan to get through all the DS9 post-WYLB books, then the first 4 VOY Post-Endgame books, then into the TNG A Time To,,, books, and onwards. So i started Avatar Book One last night, i'm already 70 pages in. It's reading much better than the last time i read it.

5. dstyer

dstyer Commander Red Shirt

Just started working on Brad Meltzer's The President's Shadow. It is a continuation of his previous works, The Inner Circle and The Fifth Assassin.

6. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

:lol: Great story - thanks for sharing it.

7. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

Finished Armageddon's Arrow today. Pretty great overall, but a few minor things that really ran up against some of my pet peeves. Still, though, a very good read. And nice to get a story that isn't mired in the Typhon Pact stuff with the TNG characters.

Starting Waterloo: The History of Four Days, Three Armies, and Three Battles by Bernard Cornwell today to celebrate the Bicentenary of the Battle. I've read a few of Cornwell's novels, so I'll be interested to see his hand at work on non-ficition.

8. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

After finishing up some older novels (Abode of Life, Mindshadow and Corona) I'm going to star The Rings of Time from our very own Greg Cox. Been looking forward to this one.

9. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Enjoy, it's a a funny read. :)

10. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Thanks! That was a book I always meant to write. It just took me a few years to get around to it.

11. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

Since my last post I finished Star Trek: The Original Series: Crisis of Consciousness by Dave Galanter.

I then read the Fable video game series short story "Theresa" by Peter David.

I followed that with the third book in the Walt Longmire series, Kindness Goes Unpunished by Craig Johnson.

I'm currently reading Star Trek: The Next Generation: Armageddon's Arrow by Dayton Ward.

12. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

13. Reanok

I'm reading Star Trek SCE Grand Design story collection.

14. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm reading the Eugenic Wars part 1 by Greg Cox now. Too early to say something about it. I'll soon have to stop and eat something before going on. :)

15. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

About 300 pages into The Winds of War by Herman Wouk. I had never even heard of the book until a friend recommended it. I think it's absolutely spectacular so far.

16. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Since I was on Trek BBS last:

*Mothership (Ever Expanding Trilogy, Book 1)
    *A Stranger Thing (Ever Expanding Trilogy, Book 2)
    *A World Forgot (Ever Expanding Trilogy, Book 3)
    *The Last Cop Out - Mickey Spillane
    *The Erection Set - Mickey Spillane

17. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I've been reading the Project Paper Doll but am thinking of taking a bread and reading To Kill A Mockingbird.

18. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Finally finished The Devil's Own, aka The Witches, by "Peter Curtis" who was actually Norah Lofts. Quite a short book, but a long slog cos it was so crap. Basically there's 60-70 page novella in it, stretched to 330 pages or so by padding out with descriptions of every garden or living room the viewpoint character goes into. Towards the end there are sudden switches of POV within paragraphs, and little info-dumps out of nowhere... And that amazingly annoying thing where suddenly the POV character's viewpoint becomes very coy in a clumsy way to try to keep from the reader what's in her bag...

Urgh.

19. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

I loved Armageddon's Arrow. It had all the elements I look for in a Trek book. I never really got a clear image of what the Golvonek and Raqilan looked like as a species, they were described as generally humanoid with some bumps and ridges or whatever, think the Raqilans were purply, but not a whole lot of attention paid to the AotW physical details. It didn't detract from the story.

Now reading Section 31: Abyss by Dean Weddle. I guess I somehow missed this one when reading the books in this part of the relaunch storyline, but some elements seem familiar, so wondering if I read it in paperback? I'm enjoying it so far, I like Taran'atar. Bashir is an obnoxious twit, so well-written.

20. Reanok

Star Trek Gateways 1 Chainmail by Diane Carey.