So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

No worries. :) It was kind of just a "really? REALLY?" moment.....

2. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

About 100 pages into 'Star Trek: The Art of the Impossible'. Once again, KRAD is delivering an awesome story

3. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I recently finished Thomas Deprima's latest novella The Star Brotherhood and Peter Clines' Ex-Purgatory.

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

I loved that book.

5. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

Finished Voyager: Unworthy today. Really liked it. I can see why Beyer is so well regarded around here.

Now onto Titan: Synthesis.

6. Use of Time

From History's Shadow by Dayton Ward. I am loving this book.

7. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Currently reading "Caliban", by Roger MacBride Allen. It is an Isaac Asimov Robot novel.

8. Sophronisba

Sophronisba Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Huh. I thought I'd read all of Asimov's Robot and Federation novels, but somehow I had no idea this existed.

9. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm reading Startrek Tng A time to havrvest by Dayton Ward&Kevin Dilmore I've really like the stories in book s 3&4 so far it's .I like the way Beverly&Geordi Laforge and other Enterprise crewmembers get a good storyline and have an important part to play in trying who's trying to sabotaging their mission to help the Dolkaalan people.

10. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Byron Preiss Visual Publications licensed the rights to do books based on Asimov's Robot cycle back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. There were three six-book series, ROBOT CITY, ROBOTS AND ALIENS, and ROBOTS IN TIME, with novels by Bruce Bethke, Rob Chilson, Arthur Byron Cover, Stephen Leigh, Michael P. Kube-McDowell, Mike McQuay, Jerry Oltion, Cordell Scottsen, Robert Thurston, and William F. Wu. Then there was the "Caliban" trilogy by Roger MacBride Allen, which included CALIBAN, INFERNO, and UTOPIA. (I edited the last three ROBOTS IN TIME books and UTOPIA when I was working for Byron.) All of them were titled with Asimov's name as a possessive (e.g., ISAAC ASIMOV'S ROBOT CITY: CYBORG by William F. Wu, or ISAAC ASIMOV'S UTOPIA by Roger MacBride Allen).

11. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

Since my last post I finished Christopher L. Bennett's Only Superhuman. I really enjoyed and would definitely read any sequels, or anything else set in the same universe.

I also read Volume 3 of the Star Trek ongoing comics. The stories included in this volume are The Return of the Archons and The Truth About Tribbles.

I'm now reading Star Trek: The Fall: The Poisoned Chalice by James Swallow.

Also, while it's not something I read, I'm going to include an audio drama I listened to: Torchwood: The Lost Files: The Devil and Miss Carew.

12. Endgame

Endgame Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I am still reading different bookforms on this planet. Currently reading The Buried Age by Christopher L. Bennett (July 2007) and enjoying it. Going through Green Political Theory by Robert E. Goodin (1992) which is revisionist Green theory that desires to rescue Greens from themselves and is thus a bit paternalistic but immensely enjoyable. Still reading "The Modern Democratic State" by A. D. (Lord) Lindsay (1962) which is good entertaining reading for a polisci graduate.

13. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Reading Maskerade by Terry Pratchett right now. I do love that man's style.

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Thanks!

Could I ask a favor of people who've read Only Superhuman? Could you please post reviews of the book on Amazon and/or B&N, regardless of whether you bought it there? It has surprisingly few reviews on either site, and I gather that reviews and discussion posted on Amazon or the like help create attention for a book there. They don't have to be glowing reviews, they should be honest, but just make your opinions heard. I'd appreciate it. Ditto for any of my other books, although OS is the one that could benefit the most.

And of course, feel free to do the same for other Trek novelists' original works, like KRAD's numerous books over the past few years, Dave Mack's The Calling, etc.

15. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I just finished off Dayton's Peaceable Kingdoms, which i liked very much, and have jumped back into my IKS Gorkon re-read.

16. Use of Time

Almost finished with the novelization of Star Trek (2009). Moving on to Star Trek TNG #20 Spartacus by T.L. Mancour.

17. CaptPapa

CaptPapa Commander Red Shirt

I just finished my copy of Star Trek Annual 2013 - I liked it. And - I'm really, really, REALLY looking forward to more from John Byrne. I understand this is going to be an ongoing series now. Finally something from IDW that is well done - it's been along time coming.

ME

18. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

Finished out Titan: Synthesis the other day. Really enjoyable. Probably my favorite of the Titan novels. Really nice to see some of the background characters get some elevation. And an excellent take on Tuvok. I must admit, though, that I am very tired of Ranul Keru always being so contrary. Keru is pretty much unlikable throughout Titan, just a glowering guy with a bad attitude. It gets boring very quickly, even when he is right. It also isn't a glowing recommendation for his skills when pretty much everyone is constantly saying "You're right, but let's try this just incase." Still, though, Synthesis was a great read.

Now onto Typhon Pact: Zero Sum Game.

19. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've read 3 more books in the TNG miniseries series A time to harvest. A time to love,And a time to hate by Robert Green burger

20. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

The Days of Anna Madrigal by Armistead Maupin -- the final "Tales of the City" book. I'm "reading" the audio, read by Kate Mulgrew. She does a great job.