Smallville Summer Hiatus Thread III (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 20, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

So now we have the following facts about Tess (if this indeed proves to be true in a couple weeks). Tess and Ollie met and had a relationship then had a falling out, at some point after wards Lex takes notice of Tess and takes her under his wing appointing her LuthorCorp CEO if anything should ever happen to her, Lana arrives throwing the first loop into her character troubles revealing that Lex has used her to spy and Tess along with Ollie's help takes over LuthorCorp, Tess discovers Clark's secret and wants to help (also has some kind of feelings for Clark which he rejects because of her untrustworthiness), Tess takes over the Editor in Chief position of the Daily Planet which Lex held prior to his disappearance, is revealed out of the blue as a Checkmate agent having been approached by the agency at some unknown point, becomes the pawn and lover of the clone Major Zod with an unknown and never really explained agenda, dies at the end of last season but is visited by a mysterious old woman and is revived her fatal burn wounds magically healed. Discovers that Lex has been cloning himself and is rasing the stable one who is rapidly aging. Is appointed the new Watchtower by Clark and Ollie during Chloe's disappearance...

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Has Tess flown before? Will she fly before Clark?

:lol:

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Just that if Michael does not come back, it would be impossible and pointless to give her a romantic history with Lex. No payoff.

Even if he does return late in the season, for the season finale, thats going to be focused on his rivalry with Clark/Superman.

Michael would really of needed to return for multiple episodes to develop Lex's relationship with Tess.

Its not that they changed her nickname. But she is almost always called just Tess. Even by Oliver who used it the most. They don't emphasis that part of her character at all now.

I agree with you completely they never had a real direction in mind with her character. Whatever revelations are made about her are bound to be inconsistent with the conflicting versions of her character we have seen.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

On the long debated subject when will Clark fly and/or wear the suit, in other words when will he become Superman.

I generally agreed with the idea that TPTB are saving this for very late in the series. But I do not think it can at all be satisfying if it is actually the final scene. While many would agree with that in terms of just wanting to see a lot of Superman screen time I think there is a another reason.

It will be very hard to give any of the other characters resolution without seeing their reactions to seeing Superman in action. Or Clark taking that move to go so public.

Over the last few seasons they have build up the notion of Clark being the leader of this new generation of heroes. How will we see that unless a fully costumed Superman interacts with those heroes? To be specific we need to see a fully realized Justice League. Which would have to come after Superman.

The same of course goes for a potential return for Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor.

I guess what SHOULD happen is for Superman to appear early in the last episode.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How many guy on guy friendships have been legendary that some woman hasn't got in the middle of and atomized?

6. Admiral_Young

My personal theory with regards to Mike returning is that if he does and they're able to reach a deal then they will not announce until close to the finale and it will only be for the series finale, he won't be involved in an arc or series of episodes. Mike has always maintained that he would be interested in returning for the series finale.

I'm not only against the notion of making her a Luthor sibling due to the fact that it some how cancels out her "Mercyness" (LOL) but we've already been exposed to a myriad of Luthor siblings over the course of the show, the last one Gabriel even had the EIC spot and had a relationship with Lois. We've been there and done that. It adds nothing to her character other than unnecessary shock value and we've been there and done that too, with the revealing of her connection to Checkmate last year. I feel that having her be a former lover was more interesting and in tune with the Miss. Tessmacher influence of her character. Now it just feels like they keep making stuff up for her. I wonder what Cassidy has thought of this crap each time they tell her?

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

If MR comes back for one ep it would be great...if not...then use another actor...fake it.

I am not happy about Tess being a Luthor if true.

8. Guy Gardener

Is Tess short for something?

Goggle tells me that there are women in the world alive today called Leutessa.

No Alliteration, no Luthor.

It's why they killed Julian twice.

9. Admiral_Young

Another of my theories of course is that Tess won't be around by season's send for exactly that reason Guy...there can only be one Luthor.

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I have a feeling Tess is a goner. :(

Some writer Tweets...
    http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137138&page=368
    More color K?

11. Admiral_Young

Also I have no qualms if she is gone if that is how they plan to write out her character. I think she was always meant to be a back-up character in the first place until they could get Michael back into the mythos which I think is a little unfair to Cassidy who has managed to craft an interesting and compelling character out of the garbage they've given her. Along with Lionel, and Chloe...Tess is one of my favorite things about "Smallville".

By the way, I'm reworking my Alternate Smallvlile character bible. I'll post it first when it's finished and typed up which should be in a few weeks. Working on the main characters right now.

Someone should have asked will the General explain where Lucy has been hiding since season four and where Lois myteriously got her phone number last season?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:lol: Yeah...that needs to be answered...I think it has been brought up before...I might ask someone there at K-Site about it.

That is the theme of S10? :wtf:

:sigh:

13. Admiral_Young

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I think the Lucy issue happened in Offscreenville and we might get more info Fri in the ep about that.

15. Admiral_Young

That's what I assumed but still think it lame.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Pit-Stop-Smallville-1025031.aspx

Lindsay Hartley interview.

I am looking forward to "Abandoned".

17. Admiral_Young

I have loved Lindsay for a very long time. I'm looking forward to it too.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I would like to know when Clark earns the \S/uit? Will the Darkseid plot carry into the finale...which I don't think it should...the finale should see the return of Lex.

19. Guy Gardener

I've seen this before.

Lex shows up DarkSEED hijacks him but when it's time for the final victory, they purge too much evil from Lex which leaves him decent, kind and sane.

20. Admiral_Young

I kind of agree with Guy except for Lex. This season theme's have included darkness and Guy has mentioned the Dark Seed aspect of the character and I've mentioned the Final Crisis adaption...