Smallville 8x04 "Instinct" - Discuss/Grade <Spoilers>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Oct 9, 2008.

?

Grade Instinct

1. EXCELLENT

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. Above Average

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. Average

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Below Average

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. BIZARRO

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

It was alright. It definitely had some good moments in there, like more pro-active Clark. Of course his Lana whining is still around. Hopefully that'll eventually disappate but I wouldn't count on it. Pretty cool confrontation with Maxima too and hey, the return of Shelby! I can only imagine that poor dog was thinking "God, not again!" when Clark was looking at Lana's necklace. That dog has to take the full brunt of Clana whining.

Jimmy the Weasel was back with his bowling shirts. Just get over the Clark thing already, will ya?! And hey...Clark is walking Chloe down the isle. Perfect for the show although shouldn't...I don't know, her FATHER be the one to do that?!

Not great tonight but not bad.

2. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I hadn't thought of that!

:lol:

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I voted 'Above Average', mainly for the humor and the continuity with the infamous letter.

I also liked the scenes between The Chlovage and Miss Teschmacher, the two characters most definitely have an interesting chemistry.

The final scene as it pertained to the crystal was just great.

4. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

I think Clark's dog died sometime ago, and who he is talking to is Martian Manhunter in disguise.

Clark should've at least knocked boots with Maxima before he dismissed that soul mate idea. May cause an earthquake, but...tap that Olmerac ass!

I'm missing the music laden last 10-minutes they used to do. It's just not the same!!

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure Chloe's dad has been said to be dead on the show. He died around the 5th season.

6. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It could also being the hot redhead wearing a really short dress factor.

Trust me, Erica is nothing like the character we've seen on screen. I think its that they've finally found a purpose for Lois.

7. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Who is "X"

Go ahead and spoil me, I eat spoilers for breakfast

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Um... I don't think it's been revealed.

Chloe

9. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

Nope.

The last that was seen of him was the third season finale. We saw him walking into the house that was set up by the witness protection program and Chloe then entered after him. Then the house blew up. But it was revealed early in the fourth season that Lex and his people had an underground exit and they showed them taking Chloe through it just before the explosion. They didn't show her father, but there was no reason for them not to take him too. Especially since he entered the house before Chloe. I do believe he was mentioned when Chloe revealed how she escaped, but he has not been seen since that door closed at the end of season 3.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ That's strange. I could have sworn they said in the episode where Lynda Carter appeared that Chloe's dad was dead.

11. the Dagman

Nope.

The only mention of Chloe's dad in that episode was in the opening sequence that took place in 1995. There Moira (Lynda Carter) tells young Chloe that her father would take care of her as the men in white came to take Moira away. I just rewatched the episode to double check. (Ah, the advantages of recording the episodes in MPEG-4 and 3TB of storage space)

12. Supervisor 194

Supervisor 194 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Pretty good adaptation of the Maxima character into the Smallville universe. Welling seems to be having more fun this season than he has in years.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good lord. Did they take the worst aspects of the worst episodes and combine them into a greatest hits episode?

14. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I've got to go with Dagman on this, I'm equally certain that Gabe is still alive and kicking somewhere. Granted, we haven't actually seen him since the end of Season Three, but I think there have been numerous mentions of him in conversations.

Besides, don't you think they would've done an episode with Chloe dealing with her dad's death if he was gone?

15. the Dagman

It really just seems like Gabe Sullivan fell into limbo after season 3. When Lois and her father, General Sam Lane, hit town at the beginning of season 4, Lois was all concerned about Chloe's apparent death but she had nary a word about her Uncle Gabe. Now, the General was in on the cover up so I can see him not mentioning Gabe, his brother-in-law. (If they were brothers, then Chloe's last name would be Lane. But either Moira or Gabe could be the sibling of Lois' mother, that hasn't been determined as yet) I know that Lois and Chloe were close when growing up before Smallville, but wouldn't Lois' bluster about finding out what happened should have been about both her cousin AND her uncle? It is like she already knew Gabe wasn't dead.

It isn't like he should cost that much to hire for an episode, the actor who played him spent the last couple of years as a substitute drama teacher after getting his degree in 2006, and is now teaching full time in Vancouver. So I put his absence down to sloppy writing and continuity.

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Did anyone notice when Tess ran into the vase at full speed, it didn't break until it rolled off of her body onto the floor? Good ol' dependable prop department.

I guess when crap gets destroyed in your house every other week, you gotta start looking into the plasticware.

Ever since Oliver Queen first appeared on Smallville, he's had the most off-screen mentions of any character in the show's history. That's just sheer pimpage.

17. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

"It's pump and dump time my friend."

Did he just say he wanted to the guy in the ass?

Trekker, watching on severe time delay.

;)

18. MilleniumLance

MilleniumLance Captain Captain

WOW, This could have been a sucky episode a few years ago, but IU actually liked it and it was a good protrayal of Maxima....is it true that characters from LEGION of SUPERHEROES make a appearance later this season...

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yeah it was pretty good.

Maxima was hot! :drool:

Loved the scene of her and Clark getting it on in the elevator. :drool:

Wish I could've been here last night to interject with my snarky comments, and the Concussion Counter, but, alas, something suddenly came up. :(

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  20. Robotech Master

Robotech Master Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

X?

Lex?

Seems like something he would do... we all know he can't be dead... so unless he is in suspended animation or off the planet entirely, he must be hiding out somewhere...

Maybe he is testing Tess the same way Lionel tested him?