Small changes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Sophie74656, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

A little ;)

2. catshadowsi8

catshadowsi8 Captain Captain

TNG defeated their Queen. I would have left the first Queen as the only one and not reintroduced another one for Voyager. A small change but I felt the Borg were more ominous without a head.

3. Sophie74656

I do agree

4. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unimatrix comes to mind. The Unicomplex scene. It's so cartoonish. "if you don't comply I'll destroy my hive!" Janeway: go ahead.
    Queen: Pouts. "Fine I will!" (Doesn't think to just blow up Janeway for the thrill of it)

catshadowsi8 likes this.
  5. catshadowsi8

Lol If I heard the Queen gasp 'Janeway' (like villians of old) one more time my eyes would have rolled right out of my head. :wtf:

6. sasser

sasser Ensign Newbie

They can't win without a head

7. catshadowsi8

Some earth species win without a head. Ants, termites and bees for example. Their 'queens' are only baby factories. In Unity we have a collective with no head. Same in Scorpion. They did just fine.

8. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A very small change, not influencing any storylines.

In season 1, Janeway often looked utterly perplexed (eyes wide open, mouth slightly so) when they had managed to get their ship into yet another anomaly (quantum singularity, gas cloud creature, you name it). Probably done to up the dramatic tension of the episode but for me, it came accross as: 'look, she doesn't have the slightest experience at command' , as she should be conscious she is being watched at all times by her staff on the bridge and not show too clearly she's utterly lost at what just happened. In later seasons, that was handled much better.

9. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Borg? Janeway cut the head clean off.

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Small change: I'd make Seven wear a regular uniform. She looked awesome in "Relativity", FAR better than the sexed-up sexless child she was portraying for most of the series.

11. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just because we didn't see the Borg Queen in those episodes, doesn't mean she wasn't controlling things from afar! We didn't see her in TNG Best of both Worlds but Picard knew who she was straight away in First contact and had had some kind of meeting with her in the past!
    JB

12. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree, Janeway should have had two buns, but one on the back and one on the front just to mix things up

I was watching Parallax yesterday and the scenes between Janeway and Torres are so good. I would had the series focus
    on their relationship more.

The kazon would have been binned after S1 and the vidiians would have been the main villains for S2

I would have made the voth recurring antagonists

Not as many jumps in distance.

The crew would have updated their uniforms after contacting starfleet

13. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How did she put it to Data when he asked he how she fit within the hierarchy? The question implies disparity where none exists, or words to that effect.

The Borg Queen isn’t the head of the Borg, but the manifestation. She doesn’t need to exist physically in the absence of external interactions and she was assembled before our very eyes in First Contact for the purpose of breaking data, as it’s more effective and dramatic than talking through the intercom,

Borg Queen is a misnomer, she was more User Interface than she was the boss.

14. Butters

The changes I would have made would have been subtle but significant and changed much of the feel.

Voyager just felt too darned cosy to me. Every now and then, they remembered the crew were stuck far from home, I’d have had that tension ever present.

The occasional montage of monotony before the next adventure kicked off. Extras staring out the windows wistfully. Janeway lying awake before her alarm call, standing in the shower, motionless, until it’s time to get out, put on her uniform, and burst on to bridge with a smile.

The ship is always immaculate, I’d have extras always in view making repairs, cleaning the walls etc.

I’d drop the worry about Food scarcity. They’ve got warp power, the replicators work. The crew are star fleet, trained to an exceptional standard and deep space is their back yard, but I’d like to have seen people grating on each other a lot more. Their coping mechanisms breaking down occasionally.

A bit of tactical first contacts, probing a head and avoiding places where they might get embroiled in a local quagmire. Though they wouldn’t have much of a show left if they did.

Catarina likes this.
  15. catshadowsi8

That was the original intent but unfortunately she became much more on Voyager. Look at difference between 7 as a Borg interface and the Queen. 7 paused to consult the Collective. Unimatrix Zero is just a designation at this point, like different names for military units. The Borg voice, when we hear it, is a clear compilation of many. The Queen consults no one. She acts independently and orders the others around. That defeats the horror of the Borg imo. They go from Borg to borg, less than they were before imo.

16. Butters

Oh yeah. Forgetten about those.

I think I just had a flashback to the precise moment I zoned out during Voyager.

17. catshadowsi8

Oh dear. Sorry about that.

Butters likes this.
  18. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Never have the Borg Queen be played by the same actress twice. In "The Strain" the Master could speak through any of the vampires, the Queen would be able to move to any random drone.

Passing dialog in the second season that they could from that point forward manufacture torpedoes again.

Beginning season three Kes start showing (through make-up) slow incremental signs of aging. Figure she's aging about a decade plus per season. Also keep Kes after the introduction of Seven.

The writers make Chakotay a equal player, and make his far from the bones of my ancestors inner monolog a standard at the end of episodes, a summation.

Seven doesn't wear a Starleet uniform (why would she?), but instead of a tight bodysuit she wears nice "civilian" clothing. If TPTB want her to be sexy, Jeri Ryan can do that with out help from wardrobe.

Sophie74656 and catshadowsi8 like this.
  19. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

First, cast Chakotay with a human actor and not a wood one. Then mane his Native American stuff real and not stereotype.

Timewalker and Sophie74656 like this.
  20. Sophie74656

I like all these ideas. I think it makes a lot of sense to see a different queen each time.

I also think the idea of kes aging is interesting. It would have made sense if she had stayed

Catarina likes this.