Small changes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Sophie74656, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

Are there any small changes you think may have made things a little better on the show? But SMALL changes. They still get stuck in the DQ, Kes still leaves, Seven still joins the crew, Tom and B'Elanna still get together, Janeway and Chakotay still do not get together.

For me I would rearange a few episodes. In season 1 I would swap Learning Curve with Eye of the Needle. I think Eye of the Needle, the first failed attempt to get home, would have served much better as the season finale. I also would have moved Faces to season 2 or 3. This was a deep dive into the character and it seemed early for that. I think it would have worked better after the writers and actors had a chance to get to know the characters a bit better.

I would have also liked to see more interaction between Seven and Tuvok. They seemed to have some things in common, the logical view on things and the "ugh these emotional humans" thing going on.

I also would have moved Year of Hell to be the season 4 finale. Ending the season on an abandon ship order would have been a fantastic cliff hanger.

2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I like the idea of Eye of the Needle as season finale.

And I'd move Learning Curve up to third or fourth ep, and I'd move every Kazon episode into the first season.

3. Sophie74656

I agree with the Kazon being in season 1 only. Have that be the season 1 arc and be done with those guys. Never loved them.

4. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Right off the top of my head? What Tosk said would be one.

More Tuvok/Seven dialog rather than her and the Doc, though they share again, "relatability", I just want more Vulcan time :)

If we HAVE to do the dang C/7, I'd like some more build from their stingy start in Scorpion. but would this be technically a "big change"?

Neelix less of a dick a lot sooner.

No bun.
    -- If they can do this hair with this character who is boss, (albeit a villain here) Janeway could pull it off. She did in season 5. Took them long enough.

[​IMG]

5. Sophie74656

Agreed about the hair. Trek seems to always have trouble with hair. Early Janeway, belanna, and Kes all had awful hair. Early kes looked like she was wearing a helmet

6. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Borg should've been introduced much sooner, being in the DQ. Now, I know that Berman and the gang didn't want to intrude on the movie FIRST CONTACT, but the threats they got on the show, until then, kind of fell short. It was great to see the TNG crossovers, but I hated what they did with Q. It was cute that he chased Janeway around, because of his powers, I mean ... if he really wanted to deny her a say in the relationship, he surely could have. Instead, he's persistently awkward in his attempts to win her over and there's never any real justification for it. His false promises of getting the ship out of its dilemma made him look like weak, as well. On one hand, it's nice to see these familiar faces coming to the show, but on the other, these crossovers always seemed shoehorned and there was never anything organic about their presence or reactions. Most of all, I would've given Robert Beltran something meatier to do. I would've respected Native American History and Traditions, through use of the character, instead of presenting it as cliché and just made more of an effort to keep the Leading Man on the show interested in contributing to the project ...

7. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

In that case I would like to see the following changes:

1. The insulting s**t episode in season 6 should never have been made. Instead, Kes should have made a magnificent come-back in the episode "Coming Home", the best Voyager episode ever done! ;)

2. They should have had no contact at all with Earth until the last two episodes in season 7. The events in the season 4 episode "message In A Bottle" ruined the premise of the series.

3. Fewer Borg episodes.

4. Lt. Carey shouldn't have been killed off.

5. Neelix should have stayed on the ship (see next point).

6. When Voyager finally had got in touch with Earth in one of the last episodes in season 7, Samantha Wildman get the news that her Ktarian husband Greskrendtregk was killed off during the Dominion war. Instead she turns to the new man in her life: Neelix!

7. The two last episodes should have contained a final showdown with Suspiria, the female Caretaker who finally is convinced that Voyager didn't kill the Caretaker and in an act of mercy sends them home.

8. No, Chakotay-Seven romance. Since a "happy end" between Janeway and Chakotay wasn't allowed here, that could be saved for the books.

9. The Doctor manage to replicate a new holo emitter which he gives to Flotter! :lol:

8. Sophie74656

Not really small changes :rolleyes:

Boomstick likes this.
  9. Lynx

Considering all that happened during 7 seasons, my suggestions are only minor changes.

And you must at least agree on points 6 and 9! :hugegrin:

10. Sophie74656

How can you consider all that happenes during 7 season when you haven't even seen all 7 seasons?

Timewalker likes this.
  11. Lynx

Well, I've seen 6 seasons and I suppose that a lot of things happened in season 7 as well which still makes my suggestions rather minor ones in the long run.

And you should at least agree that points 6 and 9 in my suggestions had a lot of value. :lol:

Anyway, the reason why I never watched season 7 (except for "Endgame") was that I felt so insulted by a certain episode in season 6 that I simply couldn't stand watching the series anymore. I'm sure that you are aware of what a terrible temper I had back in those days. ;)

12. Sophie74656

That seems a bit rediculous to give up on a show over one episode, but whatever.

13. Catarina

Be'lanna's hair was indeed very fake looking. Her and Mulgrew in the first episode you could tell they were wigs by either their synthetic appearance, or in Mulgrew's case, the lace line along her brow was visible ;) And ol' helmet head Kes. Poor woman. You can show 'alien' without being tasteless. I hope they've learned from that. It seems trivial...hair...but they went through great lengths to make us 'care' and it drew in the wrong kind of attention.

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

No Bun?

####.

Let's frakk with those Star Wars nerds.

Two buns.

The Borgified Corpse likes this.
  15. Catarina

That's an homage. TRIPLE Let's go crazy! :lol:

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Too many buns and it'll start looking like a "safety helmet" that those slow kids have to wear.

17. Catarina

LOL I was thinking bad nod to already bad hair, Amidala but yeah.

18. catshadowsi8

catshadowsi8 Captain Captain

I would never introduce the borg queen. I felt she made the borg too cartoonish, and in the end irrelevant rather than a genuine threat.

I also would have kept Chakotay more front and center as well as Tuvok. This is a relationship that was never explored, which is a shame imo.

Pondwater likes this.
  19. Catarina

We've always been at arms length, I guess would be accurate but he made it sound like they were bitter. I never got this vibe. Frustration in Twisted, sure but I didn't find his statement in Night to be convincing

@Sophie74656 We're failing the "SMALL" part of the request aren't we?

20. Sophie74656

Voyager didn't introduce the Borg Queen

Tracy Trek likes this.