Skitz Interview where Beltran bashes Trek, Voyager, and Trek fans

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Navaros, Sep 17, 2008.

1. ria 75

ria 75 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My garden, on the other side of the frog pond
    People, please agree to put a lid on that thread or I'm going to lose it.
    I need to be saved from myself or I may switch to my mirror-universe self and torture an innocent creature. :evil: (This is not only about this thread.)

I hope this is only due to the horrible nightmare I had last night and I'll sleep it off.
    I wouldn't like to become permanently unpleasant. :cardie: :rommie:

2. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait a minute, so the guy gripes and moans and complains about Star Trek and Voyager and how badly he was treated and how much it sucked, and yet he's still slurping at the Trek Teat via paid appearances at conventions?

Christ, was a whiny, hypocritical little b*tch. :lol:

3. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

Actually, I thought it was pretty freaking hilarious. It did say, and I do quote: "To not take this seriously..that it is a joke" and for people to be offended by it..HE IS JOKING!! For me though, you either love his sense of humor or hate it. I love it. And I do think he has a point about his character as well..he could have had better potential and instead he was brain dead literally from sitting on the bridge set all day long. :D And I think this Skitz interview was done in 2002 or so??? I could be wrong. But he can voice his opinions just like we can..it's a free country! I love his attitude about Trek fans as well..and I'm a huge fan of the show and didn't take it offensively cause it said in the beginning not to take offense to it. :)

4. ria 75

Thanks, freak, for taking the time to type what I thought.
    I gave up because this thread is an angry puppy chasing its own tail.

:scream: :rolleyes: :scream: :rolleyes: :scream: :rolleyes: :scream: :rolleyes:

5. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

Yes, thanks freak (and ria 75). I agree with you in everything you said.

6. freak

Ria75 and Mareika: yall are welcome. You know what? I think it's dumb for someone to complain about an interview that happened like 6 years ago. As I said before..HE..WAS..JUST..JOKING! And it wasn't just Voyager..he was poking fun at the Lakers and everyone else. It's silly to beat a dead horse when the horse has been dead for 6 years. So I don't understand why this is being brought up NOW and not 6 years ago when it was done?

7. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I'm pretty sure it was at the time. Some topics do pop up over and over but then we get new people who weren't able to participate in the previous threads. Personally I don't mind since new posters often offer fresh perspectives.

8. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

Really? The interview is 6 years old?

I have to agree with Arachnia. There are new Voyagerfans and they don`t know about past discussions.
    I remember the time when I was new to the bord and I didn`t know what`s going on. I was glad that I was able to ask many questions to the show and the actors,

9. freak

Yeah, I guess you're right. I never considered the fact that there were new Voyager fans out there watching that Skitz interview. For that, I apologize..my mistake. But still, it gets old hearing the same thing over and over again about someone. Don't you agree? And I'm not for sure if it's 6 years old or not. I could be wrong on that. But it is a little old. Still I can't stop laughing at it! :D

10. ria 75

Guilty.
    On both accounts, I hope.

I discovered the interview with this thread and genuinely responded and then hoped the thread would drop out of sight. Then, a minute after I finally bumped it onto page 2 with my first new thread, a newer newcomer revived it... and I went to purgatory.

Wait a minute, I'm confusing this with "How bad is Janeway, Captain wise". I resurrected that one from page 2, not the Skitz interview. Not the best thing I did. Dammit, I dunnit.

What follows is irrelevant to this thread, but since we're among friends, I have a question.
    I just googlized "ria75" as I should have done before I chose that alias and I discovered there was already an English one - and perhaps an Irish one, too, unless English ria75 is trying to date men in Dublin while she's visiting. She's active in Singles websites. There's also an English trip advisor named Ria75... and maybe more.

What do you recommend I do? Change my name completely or cosmetically? :angel:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  11. Birdshine

Birdshine Ensign Newbie

What would be funnier is if we could get Patrick Stewart saying all this shit.

12. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In my opinion If Beltran wasn't happy he could always have left early on in the show and another XO could have been drafted in. I particularly enjoy the Q episode where Riker shows up and reminds everyone what a real first officer looks like.

13. ria 75

Guys, read the posts. Someone knew he tried but couldn't get out of his contract.

14. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder Lieutenant

Do you mind directing me to the thread about his claims.

See this is the part I have trouble swallowing, under contract, my ass. I highly doubt in the beginning the original actors of Voyager were contracted to do seven seasons. More like five or six, which would fit with other network shows and even DS9.

If he was that desperate to get out of it, why not sacrifice himself instead of Pixie. I doubt the writers would have cared which cast member left (except for Mulgrew, Picardo and maybe Russ, O'Neill or Dawson)

The truth of the matter is Robert Beltran is a very weak, rude, annoying ingrate that found it easier to bite the hand that feeds rather than finding a new source of income. Why struggle when you can just moan, whinge and be a total sellout hypocrite.

God, I despise that lowlife. He isn't even a serious actor. Okay, rant over.

15. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder Lieutenant

I managed to find this. It was posted by a guest and as I cannot find any evidence to support this, it's just an opinion, I'm not sure how true it is.

IF it is true, it still doesn't let Beltran off the hook, the writing for his character had never been great. He had so many dull/poorly written stories. Combined that with the fact how the Maquis plot was treated and that he didn't like Sci-Fi , this would have been the perfect opportunity for him to get out.

If the guy had any morals he just would have quit like Sheri Stringfield. Sure, she was never hired hired again until the remainder of her contract was over, but at least she didn't moan and bitch and stick with a job just for the money. Money can't make us do absolutely anything, not when people harp on about morals and principles anyway.

16. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

Nearly everybody bitches about their job at one time or another. Some quit and move on. Others know they have a good thing going and stay on unhappy, for some reason. Whether it be for the benefits, money, or whatever. It's the nature of the human beast. Beltran's just a normal guy.

17. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder Lieutenant

Not when they come across as someone that has taken the moral high ground and thinks they are above something.

Also, if you have a problem and know that no one is going to listen to you or your suggestions, you simply leave. You do not stay and whinge or moan. You put up or shut up.

I'm not saying he had to like everything, though it has always come across that he didn't like anything about the show.

18. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

The paycheck? ;)

19. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder Lieutenant

Obviousy, though he really shouldn't pretend that he is a "serious" actor then in the same notion sells himself out to be a capitalist whore.

20. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I did read somewhere that Beltran actually wanted to leave and asked them if they could write off the character. But they refused to let him leave.

Which probably did put more fuel to the fire.

Once again, I clearly understand Beltran's frustration. I would also like to point out that Beltran doesn't hate Star Trek as such, he was only very angry and dissapointed over the way they treated him, his character and the whole show.