Spoilers Short Treks

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Rahul, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if David Gerrold wrote or had any involvement with the Tribbles episode.

2. Longinus

Longinus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, your unwavering devotion to Discovery and your baseless negativity towards Picard before a single episode has been aired has been communicated very clearly.

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

As long as I'm consistent.

Since my genuine reasons for my opinions are often ignored I see little reason to expand further. But, my inbox is always open to provide you the gory psychological detailed analysis of my rationale.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  4. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On this general subject, considering PIcard has now been pushed back to "early 2020" I really hope that we get an announcement soon that the Short Treks will begin running on a monthly basis until Picard premiers. They have six of them, and it appears all three of the Pike shorts are completed at least.

They might be holding off though because "Early 2020" means May, not January. Though if they push back Picard too much in 2020 it's going to be hard to fit in Lower Decks and Discovery Season 3 without series running concurrently.

5. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

The closed captioning on that Youtube video... :lol:

Kor

6. Ometiklan

Ometiklan Captain Captain

Now that you say this it makes me think maybe these Short Treks are the writers way to get out some of their cool other story ideas that they can't fit into the serialized storytelling of Discovery and Picard. Episodic Trek could accommodate up to 26 main story ideas and dozens of B and C story ideas per season. Now we get season-long arcs with a basically one storyline per character. All those other interesting writerly ideas that are generated need to be put somewhere, and I am glad they now have an outlet. Just would prefer more episodic storytelling.

danellis and Rahul like this.