Spoilers Seven of Nine (Jeri Ryan): Every damn day of her life!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by ThreeEdgedSword, Mar 27, 2020.

1. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

If she dons a catsuit again (which she can at a VERY young/athletic looking 50+) make it functional and tactical looking, with no high heels.

2. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

I like the pants, T-shirts, and leather (Did I just say that? :eek: :lol: )

3. JohnR

JohnR Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Yeah. I wasn't really into that fight, that seemed pretty much to be the point of it. But I get it, the talky emotional stuff I like needs needs the occasional hot sauce.

Danja likes this.
  4. Sisko_is_my_captain

Sisko_is_my_captain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We never saw Narissa go splat. And we already saw Romulans beam a falling operative to safety in much less time than she would have taken to fall down the bottomless pit. I say that she isn't dead unless we see a body.

5. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it was supposed to be a nigh-bottomless pit. When Seven knocked the phaser out of Narissa's hand, we never heard it hit the ground, either.

6. Danja

So the Cube just HAPPENED to land above a bottomless pit?

Talk about the Mother of all Coincidences. :shifty:

Captain pl1ngpl0ng likes this.
  7. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

My impression was that it was a nigh-bottomless pit within the cube. I think that was what they were going for, but frankly it was hard to tell without a wide shot establishing the environment.

8. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Narissa had Personal Site to Site Transporter linked to her some how. Probably through some sort of Neural interface with some automatic safety programming built in.

Remember when she was swarmed by the drones and beamed out.

No body, then I won't consider her dead.

I'm sure she has safety settings for falling that would auto beam her out to a safe place like when she sent her thugs to assasinate Dhaj.

Plenty of her thugs were falling and got auto beamed out.

9. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Sucks about the power being out in that Cube. I don't suppose site to site transport being hooked up was an especially big priority.

Bollie74 and SolarisOne like this.
  10. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You got to remember how tiny "Site to Site" Transporters have gotten in Nemesis, now imagine how much smaller given the vast length of time moving foreward. The range may be limited, (You're not beaming up to a StarShip) with that little amount of power. But you can definitely cover 100's of km's. over repeated beam outs.

SolarisOne likes this.
  11. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    No, I don't. Seven's been kicking folks off ledges for some time in that Cube. She's just one more. The shady woman's plot is done. The Synth business is wrapped up. There's nothing to bring her back for that Oh doesn't already fulfill. She's toast.

12. LOL:lol:

Danja likes this.
  13. Danja

People like Oh normally operate in the background.

They prefer to have operatives like Narek and Narissa doing their dirty work for them (Besides, Oh has now been compromised. No way is she going to be allowed back in Starfleet.)

SolarisOne likes this.
  14. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

There is a deleted scene from the episode that reveals the cube/bottomless pit on the cube are all located on Deck 29 of the Enterprise E, where the Reman Viceroy was curb-stomped by Riker and left to perpetually tumble forever within the bowels of the 1701-E

Joking aside, the nerd in me did walk away from this Season of PICARD with a few follow up thoughts about Seven and past Trek.

I am curious to know if Seven regenerates anymore? I remember on Voyager some episodes seemed to imply Seven can only go so long without regenerating, and that she would always need to regenerate in an alcove due to those pesky borg implants. There is always of course some in-universe technobabble way to hand-wave this.

That being said, I would much rather have a great story told with some interesting character development then have my nerd curiosity satisfied by a throw away line or plot device to tie this series continuity into Berman Era Trek (although this would make me very happy. I wouldn't mind having my cake and eating it too)

Danja likes this.
  15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Picard Season 2 spoiler

[​IMG]

16. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Per Janeway in "The Gift":
    They kept this up through the run of the show but never said how long it would take. It was in "Imperfection" that she temporarily stopped being able to regenerate due to her failing cortical node.

CommanderTrip likes this.
  17. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

These are the types of things that I hope they expound on for all the characters in season 2, but Seven (and other returning characters) in particular. I'd be interested to know if she still regenerates (and, retroactively how she redeveloped the need sleep again for that matter)… those little details are what really make the character genuine and intriguing.

18. hammerhead

hammerhead Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Agreed Seven was one of the better things in Picard along with Riker. Enjoyed the conflict with how she could have been a Borg Queen but chose not to go down that route....

I’m fine with her personality changing a bit, most people change after 20 years.....if you get a chance, I just played Star Trek Online for the first time, check it out Ryan is back for some post Picard stories. Seems they scripted a nice mix between Picard Seven and Berman era Seven. The game made her one of my fav characters now and made me think she’d be good with any character pairing and her dialogue is more logical...

Danja likes this.
  19. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just a random check: where would we learn that the Borg are stronger that Vulcanoids?

We never quite see one of them take on the other before this. Also, while Drones have some physical strength, Worf (who isn't particularly strong although he can go hand-to-hand with a Romulan if need be) is capable of wrestling with one, as in "Best of Both Worlds" or ST:FC. Worf can't really win, but he isn't a total pushover, either.

Also, Seven herself never appeared "three times stronger than human", let alone "five times" which is how Khan Singh advertises his powers. Stripping her of the original full Borg gear probably took away a lot of the augmentation, too. Sure, much as stated in "Tsunkatse", Seven is agile, has stamina, knows a dirty trick or a zillion, and has a limited number of superpowers, most of them requiring her to use her nanoprobes. But we never get the claim that her physical strength would be above any specific mark. That Penk punk in the episode says she's "superior", which presumably means he's comparing against a benchmark (he really should be saying "superb" instead), but he never saw a Vulcanoid in his life as far as we can tell... Other than the crippled Tuvok, who's unlikely to be the benchmark Penk is speaking about. Probably The Rock is. And whatever he is, he's no Vulcan...

Timo Saloniemi

Danja likes this.
  20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think she did.

If she could have beamed away, she wouldn't have screamed like she did.