News Season One hitting DVD/Blu-Ray in November

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Tuskin38, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Don't you ever get tired of dredging up irrelevance from 14 years ago in an effort to discredit something said by someone you don't like, purely because you have no usable evidence to use? One 14 year old article from a hard left wing newspaper I wouldn't put down for my dog to be sick on, and a load of out of date eBay anti piracy propaganda links. The top result is nearly 5 years old. Get a grip.

2. Admiral Bear

It would appear you have issues with basic comprehension. I've not mentioned drug dealers. I believe that was done by one of your fellow dolts who take pride in attacking me because they have nothing better to do.

3. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Interaction for flaming, comments to PM.

Everybody else, please hit notify rather than call out posters in the thread. If you simply disagree, you can rebut points or ignore the post.

Let's get back on topic.

4. Reyman

Reyman Commander Red Shirt

I remember how rampant fake DVDs where in the UK a decade or so ago. You'd have Chinese folk who didn't speak a word of English walking around selling pirate DVDs just about everywhere. But it had more to do with people smuggling than drugs.

The DVD sellers were working off their debts for being smuggled into the UK.

5. Admiral Bear

I get attacked frequently on this board. Me, not what I've said. Me. And you do nothing. I stand up for myself and you attack me. Speaks volumes for the attitude towards general bullying and harassment on this board.

Oso Blanco likes this.
  6. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

You have collected almost a dozen infractions here and that speaks volumes for your attitude towards fellow posters or the board rules.

@cultcross specifically said "Comments to PM" because these threads are not for discussing mod decisions. If you want to discuss mod decisions, contact that mod via PM.
    Infraction for failing to follow mod instructions and continuing to argue here. This isn't kindergarden.

Now let's get this thread back on topic.

Hythlodeus, 1001001, JoeP and 2 others like this.
  7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Saw both the Blu-ray and DVD in the wild at Walmart yesterday. Only one copy of the Blu-ray was left.

8. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    AMAZON now has the Blu-ray for $30.84 and the DVD for $25.75.
    Both Prime eligible.
    :techman:

9. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is Amazon...prime? I'll see myself out. :lol::whistle:

10. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Heh ...
    I'll hold the door for you..., just so it doesn't hit ya where the sun don't shine.
    :biggrin:
    :nyah:

CaptainMurdock likes this.
  11. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I was in a Walmart yesterday and saw both the Blu-Ray and DVD on sale. I had seen the first few episodes with a friend who had CBSAA, but that was about it. I was kind of indifferent to the show--I didn't hate it, but I wasn't in love with it enough to be a subscriber. But after picking up the DVD for 30 bucks and seeing a few more additional episodes, I can safely say my indifference had more to due with it being on CBSAA than with the show itself.

I guess I got to see the show the way I wanted to see it, and it was easier for me to accept (and like) it as its own thing. So I'll be looking out for Season 2 whenever it comes out on home video.

Blooded likes this.
  12. Jadeb

Jadeb Commodore Commodore

^It certainly didn't warm my enthusiasm to think I was paying by the month for a show that was underdelivering. I wonder if my reaction would have been any different had I been getting it via Netflix or some other means I was already paying for.

13. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

At my local Walmart they only got the Blu Ray in. No sign of the DVD.

14. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Yeah, for me the show being an CBSAA exclusive was something of a strike against it in my book. I think it put me in a "take it or leave it" position--and I opted to leave it until it came out on home video, which ultimately turned out to be the better deal for me than subscribing.

That's how I thought it was initially at my Walmart--all I saw were the Blu-Rays--but I took a few steps outside of the electronics department, and they had some remaining DVDs on a separate floor display. I would have missed them if I hadn't acted on a hunch that some new releases were displayed there too.

15. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I looked at all the displays—-it was Blu only.

16. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, so all of this talk of blu-rays from Amazon for Star Trek: Discovery and being liquidated or out of stock or conspiracy theorists getting their hands on them or whatever? Yeah, got mine last Thursday after having to wait a few days because of a stock issue (birthday present to myself). Trying to parse it out a bit. Finished the first disc up tonight. Looks beautiful upscaled from 1080p to 4K on our new UHD player (birthday present from my parents)!

BillJ, JoeP, Reyman and 1 other person like this.
  17. Reyman

Reyman Commander Red Shirt

The first few episodes do indeed look fantastic, unfortunately a few episodes in there seems to be a bit of an issue with picture quality/grain.

Some shows seem to think it's a good idea to artificially add grain to the picture. In the 4K/HDR era I'm definitely not a fan of them doing this and hopefully they won't be doing it for season 2.

If you notice it just remember that this isn't normal with upscaled blu rays and don't let it stop you enjoying the wonderful goodness with other disks and especially 4k disks

18. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Di.../ref=tmm_dvd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
    Um if the 'liquidated their stiock, how come its back up as 'available' and will arrive prior to Christmas.

They probably DID sell out - and had to get more from CBS (who had to MAKE more to sell).

JoeP likes this.
  19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

JoeP likes this.
  20. RedAlert

RedAlert Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah. I got mine two weeks ago (very fast shipping, considering that I live on the bottom of the world) ...and I like the quality and number of extra material on all of the discs.

So much.
    Very nice.