Season 7 too Fluffy?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Nakita Akita, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's a good point. That means Nog will have left when he was 8 years old. I assume that when Rom left they went to Terrok Nor so Rom could work for Quark. The question though is how well can a small child fully understand the culture he or she lives in. Does he have found memories of his youth and how does one process looking at place from the fact your pulling your memories from basically the childhood perspective you had them from. I use to live in a small town in Oklahoma as a kid. Actually a few of them. If I went back to those places I wonder how different it would seem and feel as a adult and just how accurate were my memories of the place to begin with.

Jason

2. Nakita Akita

Nakita Akita Commodore Commodore

I think I have seen three episodes of Voyager.
    At least inThink it was Voyager.
    I don't think any of the characters appealed to me.:shrug:

3. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It jumped the shark for me with making Vic an actual flesh and blood character in the mirror universe. I just found the plot logic of that too bizarre to wrap my head around.

The final stretch of episodes was as good as anything the show had done, though. :techman:

4. MakeshiftPython

MakeshiftPython Commodore Commodore

It was really nothing more than a gag that you're not supposed to dissect too much. And if you have to, you could easily claim that the Vic we saw in the mirror universe was just the counterpart to the man that Vic's image was based on.

5. Elephant999

Elephant999 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think the final story arc were some of the best episodes within the DS9 saga. For me, trying to shoehorn Ezri into the ensemble and having episodes “getting to know her” were annoying, particularly as the6 could have wrapped the war up sooner.

Worst parts of S7 - Too much Vic. Liked the character but it almost at times felt like DS9 the musical.

Nakita Akita likes this.
  6. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I liked Vic until the singing! Too much of that.

7. Elephant999

Elephant999 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Me too. Apart from Badda bing badda bang, he had way too much screen time in S7.

Nakita Akita and Freman like this.