News Season 5 blu-ray/DVD + Complete Series

Enterprise is Great

Vice Admiral
Admiral
[URL]https://www.startrek.com/news/star-trek-discovery-final-season-blu-ray-dvd-release
[/URL]
On sale Aug 27th

IMG-4887.webp

IMG-4888.webp

IMG-4889.webp

IMG-4890.webp

FINAL SEASON SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Audio Commentary (Exclusive to Home Entertainment)
  • Deleted Scene (Exclusive to Home Entertainment)
  • Being Michael Burnham (Exclusive to Home Entertainment)
  • Character Development (Exclusive to Home Entertainment)
  • Gag Reel (Exclusive to Home Entertainment)
  • Star Trek: Discovery: The Voyage of Season 5
  • A Team Effort
  • Discovery's Creative Force

Am I missing something? The series set isn't much more than the aeason.

Also, I wonder if the relevant (Calypso) Short Treks are part of it.

Am I missing something? The series set isn't much more than the aeason.

Also, I wonder if the relevant (Calypso) Short Treks are part of it.
It's presumably just the previous season sets all packaged together, which only the second season included any Short Treks, and just the one with Tilly and the runaway princess and Saru's origin story.

I guess it's possible they could include the Short Treks release in the set, it'd only be one extra disc. And since they left Children of Mars out of that release, all of them are technically Disco related. That's the only scenario where I see Calypso being part of this set. Unless, they decide to include it with the season 5 set, that is.

Gotta love Paramount spitting in the eye of people like me who have bought the individual season packages as they’ve been released to dangle a special exclusive bonus disc that’s only in the complete series set.

Gotta love Paramount spitting in the eye of people like me who have bought the individual season packages as they’ve been released to dangle a special exclusive bonus disc that’s only in the complete series set.

Nothing tops the DVD movie sets, plural. TMP was a two-disc special edition while the remaining movies were a regular edition. And every time one movie got a special edition treatment, brand new box set. So if you're someone who has to own everything, think of how many different variations of that one box set you'd have. And that's not even the half of it. They started making complete box sets before the TNG movies were done, so every time a new TNG movie came out, new box set (with regular edition movie).

s-l1600.webp

s-l640.jpg

s-l1200.jpg

91k-Mm-Eo-Fy4-L-AC-UF894-1000-QL80.jpg

^^And then of course, within five years after that last movie set was released, they began releasing the movies on Blu-ray.

I'm glad I never got around to buying Season 4. I'll hold out for the Full Series Blu-Ray.

That and, a long time ago, I made the mistake of accidentally buying Season 2 on regular DVD instead of Blu-Ray. Either I was in a rush or wasn't paying attention (I can't remember), but after I realized what I'd done, I didn't go back to exchange the DVDs for the Blu-Rays. So, four or five years later, I'll be able to correct that mistake.

Plus it's a nice late birthday present for me, since it's coming out two weeks after my birthday.

Last edited:
Just about every company does that when they release full series sets.

I've always been fairly "meh" on extras other than deleted scenes, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm glad I never got around to buying Season 4. I'll hold out for the Full Series Blu-Ray.

That and, a long time ago, I made the mistake of accidentally buying Season 2 on regular DVD instead of Blu-Ray. Either I was in a rush or wasn't paying attention (I can't remember), but after I realized what I'd done, I didn't go back to exchange the DVDs for the Blu-Rays. So, four or five years later, I'll be able to correct that mistake.

Plus it's a nice late birthday present for me, since it's coming out two weeks after my birthday.
I ordered S3 of Picard on DVD instead of BD. I definitely wasn't paying attention.

The spanish versión of complete series(i asume are the same discs that usa versión but with the caratule traslated). Tells that the complete series have one new disc of bonus features that don't have the normal releases.

¿Anybody know something about that disc?

Last edited:
The spanish versión of complete series(i asume are the same discs that usa versión but with the caratule traslated). Tells that the complete series have one new disc of bonus features that don't have the normal releases.

¿Anybody know something about that disc?

According to the german FSK homepage the contents of the Discovery bonus disc are:

Series Roundtable (57:08)
The Art Of Discovery: Costumes (16:04)
The Art Of Discovery: Production Design (41:47)

I’m in the same boat as you with season 4. I own 1-3. I’ll get the full series set. (Also, “Unification III” on my season 3 set hitches a ton - it must be disc damage, though it’s hardly noticeable. Weird.)

When’s your birthday? Mine is August 14th, so I was thinking the same already!

I’m in the same boat as you with season 4. I own 1-3. I’ll get the full series set. (Also, “Unification III” on my season 3 set hitches a ton - it must be disc damage, though it’s hardly noticeable. Weird.)

When’s your birthday? Mine is August 14th, so I was thinking the same already!
August 12th.

And in Spain the price is crazy compared to usa.

129e in amazon.es

Buy It in Amazon.com with taxes+cost ships. Only 77e. Lol.

The season 5 only is +- = in price.

[in Klingon] Zero chance of the complete set getting new discs that have the original subtitle font onscreen?

[in Klingon] fucking annoying when watching Season 1 and 2

[in Klingon] supports physical media but pissed off only way to see intended presentation is online

[in Klingon] ...and why the hell is everything I'm saying prefixed with [in Klingon]?

[in Klingon] bollocks to this

Last edited:
Back