Spoilers Season 3 Episode 9 'Terra Firma pt 1' promo

Sorry I didn't put 2 and 2 together with that Romulan mining vessel line.

I don't think the movie ever called it a mining vessel, that comes from the comic.

The interesting part, is that Kovich says he came from 2379 of, presumably, the Kelvin Timeline, but is wearing a prime universe uniform from the 2360's, with a combadge of the 2370-80s.

So we're finally going to explore the multiverse....about time. We already know that multiple realities exist besides the Mirror Universe and Kelvinverse (IE TNG Parallels) so hopefully we're going to see these dimensions in any upcoming episodes.

So we're finally going to explore the multiverse....about time. We already know that multiple realities exist besides the Mirror Universe and Kelvinverse (IE TNG Parallels) so hopefully we're going to see these dimensions in any upcoming episodes.
Or at least touch on the quantum theories. I wouldn't want them to jump all over the place (since the ship can seemingly do that), but at least address the quantum theory of multiple timelines and that any possible decision that someone can make has been made, each one playing out in its own universe.

I am afraid, however, given how the writing is on the series, they will focus on it too much and make it a convoluted mess of people all contemplating who they are and where their counterparts are in each and every universe.

I don't hear anything in the promo about a Romulan mining vessel. Where is everyone getting this?

which means Prime Spock and Nero would've had some issues too, but perhaps they'll explain why they were unaffected.
Not necessarily.

"Before Georgiou, Yor was the only individual known to have traveled both across time and dimensions."

I'm pretty sure they're excluding people who "traveled dimensions" by creating a new timeline, which is what happened to Nero. When he first landed he was still technically in his original timeline.

I guess Spock is a little more arguable since he ended up with a different exit point, but it was part of the same time travel event. Kind of like the Enterprise-E going back to undo the damage that the Borg had done to the timeline. They were going back to a past that had already been (slightly) altered by the point they had arrived, but it was using the same temporal "portal".

The Ready Room.

Ah, OK. Thanks. It's pretty clear what they're referencing! Very cool.

Next question: where are Burnham and Georgiou going on the snowy planet? Those scenes are reminiscent of the opening scene in the premiere. Presumably they're walking to the GoF, where Georgiou will travel back to point they left the 23rd century, which will cure her condition (only dimensional travel, not time travel), and the S31 show goes into production.

By the way: with the uniforms, I started thinking "What if they ever decide to do TNG Movies in the Kelvin Timeline? Will they use those uniforms?" Then I immediately followed up that thought with, "Nah. They have all kinds of uniforms in the Kelvin Films anyway, so it doesn't matter. This would just be one of a million of them."

There's a shot from the snow planet with what looks like rings. The GoF planet did not have rings.

Kinda surprising that the trailer seems to only deal with Georgiou's illness. I mean, we all expected based upon the writers it was going to be about Georgiou (and the spinoff to the Section 31 show) but this seems like thin gruel to set up a two-parter.

Maybe trying to avoid spoiling anything.

By the way: with the uniforms, I started thinking "What if they ever decide to do TNG Movies in the Kelvin Timeline? Will they use those uniforms?" Then I immediately followed up that thought with, "Nah. They have all kinds of uniforms in the Kelvin Films anyway, so it doesn't matter. This would just be one of a million of them."
After watching the scene I have a feeling that Yor was a time soldier sent to the TNG era and that's when they first started seeing the kind of condition that Georgiou was experiencing.

The interesting part, is that Kovich says he came from 2379 of, presumably, the Kelvin Timeline, but is wearing a prime universe uniform from the 2360's, with a combadge of the 2370-80s.

Yor was a time traveller as well as being from the Alternate Reality so perhaps when he was captured he didn't have a chance to put on the proper comm badge for that era.

The clip from the Ready Room looks like the comm badge has been fixed to the correct era?
Yep.

Screenshot-2020-12-03-112859.png

Back