Scandal had 7 episodes and it's been renewed.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, May 20, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Scandal had 7 episodes this Season, and it's been Renewed.

I didn't like the pilot.

It was a stand alone story where we get to see that the lead heroine character is a wild west gun slinging monster who will destroy all opposition which seemed rushed, but that's only because I didn't know know that this was a 7 episode limited series.

Episodes 2 through 7 however was a heavily plotted closely knitted continuous Scandal that's being tracked by our hero as she faces new curve balls and stumbling blocks between she and the truth each week.

The actual story is all about how a fictional US President can't keep his cock in his trousers, and then the bodies begin to pile up, and as usual nothing is at it seems and no one is who they seem.

A fun ride.

Agree, disagree?

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I only saw two episodes but I love it. Its just so much fun. I'm glad it got renewed. I was pissed it was only 7 episodes long. Now we have to wait until 8+ months for new episodes.

3. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw the pilot and although it wasn't terrible, it didn't make me want to come back for more. I was immediately put off by how fast all of the characters talked. I had to rewatch that first scene of the pilot, where the chick is with Desmond at that abandoned building getting money from that other guy, several times because they were talking so fast I couldn't catch the majority of what was actually going on. It gave me a headache and I stopped caring the rest of the episode. The story itself is interesting, but I guess I just didn't much like the writing or the main actress.

4. Guy Gardener

I remember kerry was quite attractive some years ago before she put all that botulism into her mouth. I know that black women are supposed to have large lips, in theory, but what she's got going on with her kisser requires a devious level of a suspension of disbelief to assume that that was god alones decision.

The universally recognized unit of measurement for the speed of speech is the Gilmore.

I'd say that Scandal averaged out to perhaps a third of a Gilmore mostly.

5. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol: Good point, but honestly that's a reason I couldn't watch Gilmore Girls either.

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Hah! That should indeed be universally recognized, supplanting the old pre-Metric standard set by Jimmy Cagney in "One, Two, Three."

7. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I want to know more backstory on the frowny guy with the advanced interrogation skills. Also, I'd like to know how/why everyone in the office is so skilled in cleaning a crime scene.

8. Guy Gardener

Huck and his friend, has me believing that everyone in he CIA is like Rainman.

i liked that line from Gross Point Blank

"certain tests I filled out while signing up to the Army revealed that I had a very exploitable moral flexibility."

9. Guy Gardener

Well Season 2 is warming up quite well, but I have just noticed a real life conspiracy inside this scripted drama that has me curious that there may be some dark plan at work.

They're killing Gilmore Girls.

Liza Wiel in season one, and Keiko Agena today.

If nobody stops these people... They are just going to keep summarily executing Gilmore Girls one after another until there are none left... And then what a horrible world it would be.

:(

10. bigdaddy

I haven't watched this season, but I'm OK if they kill Luke's daughter and Rory after about season 4. :lol:

11. jbohn

jbohn Commander Red Shirt

I enjoyed the first season. I loved the fast talking right at the beginning. It reminded me of The West Wing. When the continuing story started piling up then it got even more interesting.

Season 2 is even better. Many of the episodes ended with me having to pick my jaw up off the floor.

12. bigdaddy

I just finished up all the episodes. The show is so addicting!!! Awesome storylines for season 2, amazing show.

13. Guy Gardener

Poor Huck, he's everyone's bitch. :(