S3 theories/wishlist

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by theCasualFan, Apr 19, 2019.

1. theCasualFan

theCasualFan Cadet Newbie

Discuss what we want or think will happen in Disco S3.

My thoughts.

1. I think we'll see a new Enterprise. (Maybe to possibly gauge interest in new series)

2. Control ain't gone.
    .... I think that's all I have. Would like to see a new threat.

2. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Star Trek:Pike series.:vulcan:

lurok, Infern0, FreezeC77 and 5 others like this.
  3. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Control is clearly gone -

REKCORE: Let’s get into the episode itself — Control finally gets taken down after that long fight with Georgiou and Nhan. How did you decide that magnetism, a rather low-tech solution, would be the key to stopping the advanced AI?

PARADISE: Well, by this point in the story — and we had set this up in “Through the Valley of Shadows” — the Control nanobots were known to be highly advanced, but they were still made from a metallic alloy; Spock is able to magnetize the floor on the Section 31 ship to stop the nanobots when Burnham is trying to get away from them.

We talked about how Control could essentially infect and inhabit a human form, and how the nanobots would do that — and it really just a matter of deciding what they would be made of, and how we could defeat it. So we wanted to use the thing it was made of against itself, the metal material.
    TREKCORE: And it certainly gives Georgiou a hero moment for the season, after being such a villain last year…

PARADISE: Yeah, and I just have to say that the moment [where Leland is defeated], Michelle [Yeoh] just plays that character so beautifully. The moment where she’s watching him die, and she just smiled… I never cease to be delighted by that moment.

TREKCORE: As Control evolved throughout the season, some viewers started to see some similarities to one of Star Trek‘s biggest villains, the Borg; there was a lot of speculation that we were actually seeing how the Borg were created, though obviously that didn’t come to pass. Was that intentional parallel?

PARADISE: It’s interesting — we weren’t thinking Borg at all. I mean, we talked about all sorts of different things in the room, but there was never any intent on our part to parallel that in any way. I can certainly understand why people started to think we were going in that direction, but it was never where we intended to go with it.

guyute03 and CommanderRaytas like this.
  4. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

I want to see Nhan. I like her character.

5. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've been waiting for any Star Trek to (re)discover the Dyson Sphere or a ring world or some other megastructure and actually, ya know, explore it!

6. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's be Michael Burnham's Andromeda. She'll reunite the races and form the Second Federation.

FreezeC77, Gepard, BillJ and 3 others like this.
  7. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If the Red Angel religion on Terralysium gets its Red Angel messiah with one or both of the Burnhams, maybe Michael will warm up to faith more. :angel:

8. ISS Enterprise

ISS Enterprise Commander Red Shirt

Agree, with cavet - Kurtzman not allowed anywhere near this with new showrunner n writers from.outside and sold!

ITDUDE and Galileo7 like this.
  9. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

My fear is it'll be an Andromeda reboot- centuries in the future with no more Federation...
    Wish list? Captain Pike Season 2. But I'd settle for "not an Andromeda reboot."

10. cultcross

cultcross We truly were a song of ice and fire Moderator

On the starship Discovery, speechifying lives again

11. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

They find a desolate Terralysium with a toppled giant statue of the red angel, and no Federation to be seen.

TPezz, Delta Vega and CommanderRaytas like this.
  12. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Outside of storylines, my wishlist is the same as it's been since Season 1 started: I want on-screen episode titles! Whether it's the traditional method of the title appearing on the screen following the title sequence (as has been the case on every Trek series since '66), or giving the title its own screen (as seen in Short Treks), or perhaps including the title on the "Directed by" screen, I'm not too picky. I don't understand why the new show isn't doing it. What difference does it make whether Disco is a streaming show or a broadcast show?

13. BillJ

BillJ History’s Greatest Monster Premium Member

It'll be interesting to see the reception the show gets without the TOS safety net.

saddestmoon, ITDUDE, XCV330 and 2 others like this.
  14. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

It would be nice if they worked on the pacing as well as problematic plot issues.

Kor

lurok and Mechanoid1 like this.
  15. theCasualFan

theCasualFan Cadet Newbie

I hope we start to see the road to Calypso

16. Reyman

Reyman Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The time jump into the future is just gonna open up another can of warms. I'd prefer to see them end up in a completely different galaxy. That way the writers are completely free to do whatever they want.

17. SolarisOne

SolarisOne Captain Captain

Before Sorbo got creative control (HA!) of Andromeda, it was a great show with a great premise (which ultimately originated from Gene Roddenberry himself.) S3 Discovery could do worse than emulate early Andromeda.

18. Krandor

Krandor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Me too. Go to the future but keep them far away from earth etc.

Reyman likes this.
  19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Kang, now with ridges Premium Member

Back to the 23rd by seasons end.

20. SJGardner

SJGardner Captain Captain

Seconded. Maybe even abandon Discovery in the future and have the crew return without it.

XCV330 and Ravenswood like this.