S3 theories/wishlist

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by theCasualFan, Apr 19, 2019.

1. starbuck

starbuck Captain Captain

think we will have lost in space , but will the not be outdated and relic to ships and aliens in the future

2. Alan Roi

Alan Roi Commodore Commodore

Or the nerd rage about 'continuity violations'.

Ovation, burningoil, urbandk and 3 others like this.
  3. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

They'll be lost.

urbandk and Alan Roi like this.
  4. Ralphis

Ralphis Captain Captain

I'm not convinced they'll stay 950 years in the future. Something will happen that will cause them to have to time jump backwards. Maybe not back to the 23rd century, but some point after DS9/VOY/Nemesis.

5. Krandor

Krandor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I’d like to believe that but if they were going to do that why not just send them there to start?

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

They're going to jump back in time and run over Sam Beckett.

7. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

I haven't a clue what will happen, and I'm open to any sensible screen writing to plot Discovery's new course.

oberth and NewHeavensNewEarth like this.
  8. MrPointy

MrPointy Captain Captain

I'm going for Season 3 being a variation on the concept of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda.

SolarisOne likes this.
  9. Nerys Myk

Only good.

10. Ralphis

Ralphis Captain Captain

Oh boy...

11. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Commodore Commodore

One of my main wishes is just that the future that's portrayed would truly be DIFFERENT from the era that Discovery is leaving. 950 years is such a long time (just look at everything that's happened in the past 950 years of human history), I would have a hard time with seeing the same old formulas being rehashed. The primary strategy in the chronology of every ST series has been to simply create *stronger* torpedoes, stronger phasers, faster ships, etc., without doing much innovating.

Unless they've gone into the Dark Ages in the distant future, the writers should use the wide open canvas to make something original. Given how willing they were to create things like the spore drive, I'm hopeful that there will be new stuff introduced, and hopefully executed well. Of course, if the usual torpedoes and phasers aren't around, the outcry from some will be the opposite: "It doesn't feel like Star Trek!" As we've seen, there's no pleasing everybody, so hopefully they'll go with what really makes for the best story.

burningoil and serabine like this.
  12. SolarisOne

SolarisOne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As originally conceived, Andromeda was good. Sorbo ruined it.

SpocksOddSocks and serabine like this.
  13. Krandor

Krandor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yep and that is what makes this choice very risky. It needs to look different and unique but can’t be so different to look like a totally different franchise.

serabine likes this.
  14. Ralphis

Ralphis Captain Captain

Because for some reason they decided the red angel technology would only take them 950 years into the future. And in the 2250's, not many methods of time travel were known, leaving them with little options. However, in the 3200's, unless there's been some sort of galactic-wide Dark Age that erased all knowledge and information, there are many methods of time travel known, Discovery could just pick one and go back. "So, what do you guys want to do? Slingshot method? Red matter? Hijack the USS Relativity?" :)

But I'm not predicting anything. Just kind of spitballing or musing or whatever.

15. Nerys Myk

I liked it better when it was called Genesis II

Galileo7 likes this.
  16. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe Robert Picardo could show up. Wasn't there a duplicate version of the doctor who survived into the 3000s?

Ketrick, guyute03 and SolarisOne like this.
  17. TPezz

TPezz Commander Red Shirt

That there is no Section 31 series, it was a cover for a Pike series. Michelle Yeoh becomes a lead on Discovery. The have ended up in the 31st century, and the whole S31 thing was used as a red herring for that :vulcan: Burnham and Discovery appearance there is the reason the Federation has access to time travel and time ships as they are able to back engineer the angel suit. As such, Burnham is the very first temporal agent :angel:

18. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Now the rage will be about locking every other series into future canon.

19. SolarisOne

SolarisOne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Future canon that will be hundreds of years in the future. Not particularly difficult to get around.

BillJ likes this.
  20. Fateor

Fateor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That shouldn't be possible.

Barring something like the Temporal Cold War that alters all of time a thousand years in the past in a way that bypasses their temporal defenses the 31st century Federation is technologically beyond the point where any sort of collapse would be possible.