Spoilers S2 teaser trailer

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Khan 2.0, Apr 5, 2021.

1. jackoverfull

jackoverfull Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

six.

Danja likes this.
  2. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

Knowing them, it would involve a few times where they switch to something wildly different from the Monster Maroons then back again, but to actually an earlier version, like the one with the crewneck undershirt Troi's dad wore.

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

You just made me realize, I don't think we actually saw anyone from the Stargazer wearing the monster maroons. The closest we get is the holographic recording of Jack Crusher wearing one in Family, though there's wiggle room in that we don't know where he was at when he recorded that. So if we were to see the ship during monster maroon era but the crew were wearing a different uniform, that isn't technically violating canon at all.

F. King Daniel likes this.
  4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I forgot they were wearing the TNG S1 unis in Picard's flashback. I'm sure some novel or comic or something on the Stargazer had those WoK costumes.

5. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

Lower Decks has skewered Trek's fetish for uniform changes (Mariner went from wearing a LD uniform to a DS9/FC uniform during a flashback sequence).

6. The Wormhole

Oh, yes, plenty of novels have featured the Stargazer crew wearing monster maroons, among them Reunion, Requiem and The First Virtue. The Valiant most likely used the monster maroons, though that's not completely clear.

F. King Daniel likes this.
  7. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

The main Trek association that Paradise Lost brings to mind for me is Khan...he alluded to it in "Space Seed," and had copies of it on Ceti Alpha V.

Quinton, Jack Wolfe and Danja like this.
  8. TimeIsAPredator

TimeIsAPredator Commodore Commodore

The original idea was that the black uniform was station uniform and that only changed during Voyager

9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    NCC-73515 likes this.
  10. Swedish Borg

Swedish Borg Commodore Captain

To think Khan only had a handful of books to read for fifteen years and no other distractions, although he spent a great deal of time trying to teach fetch to his pet earwig.:D

Quinton and Danja like this.
  11. TimeIsAPredator

TimeIsAPredator Commodore Commodore

Must have made lots of babies too cause his new crew was too young to be the Botany Bay crew.

He also clearly spent a tremendous amount of time working and waxing his chest

Danja and Swedish Borg like this.
  12. Swedish Borg

Although living on this hellhole of a planet aged him prematurely it had the reverse effect on his crew...One mutant's rapid aging planet is another mutant's fountain of youth.:lol:

Quinton likes this.
  13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

And apparently turned them all white.

SJGardner, Danja and Swedish Borg like this.
  14. Mondragon

Mondragon Commander Red Shirt

That always bugged me about the film, in the original Space Seed episode which introduced Khan and his crew, they went out of their way to establish by look (and by name) the genetically ideal group would be a diverse multi-ethnic crew, in look and names; Singh, Joaquin, Rodriguez , Ling, etc.
    Scotty upon first seeing them, even notes how mixed the still dormant crew are.

Then jump ahead several years suddenly they're all changed to Nordic Sven looking types.
    Like the 60s show was more progressive forward thinking in their vision.
    And later gen defaulted back to the Idealized nords cliche.

That's not new, Montalban always stayed pretty fit.
    Don't know what kind of crazy morning space-tai-chi this is?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    "I Shall Have Him! I'll Chase Him 'Round The Moons Of Nibia, And 'Round The Antares Maelstrom, And 'Round Perdition's Flames Before I Give Him Up!"
    \
    [​IMG]
    But yeah there probably wasn't allot to do on Ceti Alpha other than workout and procreate, which is pretty much what they went there to do!:lol:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Danja likes this.
  15. Swedish Borg

That's Hollywood for you, first, they whitewash Kahn's team and then Khan himself!!! Maybe in a couple of decades, they'll make a movie with a white Sisko!!!

Danja likes this.
  16. The Wormhole

Don't be silly. We're never getting a movie with Sisko.

17. Mondragon

?
    [​IMG]

18. Swedish Borg

I've already said that.

19. Mondragon

LOL that was probably obvious a month ago when I first read it, for some reason just now thought you meant in Wrath of Khan he already looked "whitened":lol:

So you don't want Q offering opportunities (second chances) and temptations to change the past (and all the ramifications that comes with) which they must reject, pretty much exactly what they are setting up in the S2 trailer.
    "What we do in a crisis often weighs upon us less heavily than what we wish we had done, what could have been. ....Time offers so many opportunities, but never second chances." ..."Q: The trial never ends."

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  20. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It does sound quite repetitive to me, yes. But who knows, if the execution is great...
    OTOH, seeing Orla Brady on set brightened my day. Nothing with Laris can be really bad.

Last edited: May 10, 2021