Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman to star in Deadpool III (2024)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starbreaker, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Ianburns252

Ianburns252 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That TVA quote almost explicitly tells us they aren't the same one - Wolverine in Logan was a hero who helped save the world and died a heroes death ergo can't be the same one, right?

Look forward to seeing how the explain it but do like your Dr Strange tie in

Commander Troi likes this.
  2. Ianburns252

Ianburns252 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know you didn't mean it as a slight on him at all and more as a comparator to the later films but I do get tickled by the idea of him as doughy! Mostly because if this is doughy then I am far futher along the chub scale that I'd let myself believe

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just had a great idea for how they could fuck with everyone, just before the movie comes out they should let it leak that Tom Cruise is in it, and let everyone assume he's a Tony Stark/Iron Man variant, but he's actually playing Les Grosman.

Yeah me neither. I can't imagine any of the actors like him, or other actor who beef up for roles like Chris Hemsworth when play Thor, going that route, it would just be way to much controversy if anyone found it. And I they've got enough other resources available to them, that they should be get in that kind of shape naturally.

5. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

But the Wolverine we see at the beginning of Logan has certainly failed, the X-Men are gone, something's gone wrong with the world.

6. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Not steroids but Alan Ritchson from Reacher is very candid about using testosterone replacement therapy for S2 of Reacher
    https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a46888219/alan-ritchson-testosterone-replacement-therapy/

7. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But the world of Logan isn't the apocalyptic hellscape this trailer implies. It's a mostly normal world for anyone who's not a mutant.

Set Harth and Commander Troi like this.
  8. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Moderator

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

As far as my cursory Google search tells me, (so take that for what it's worth) TRT and 'roids are basically the same thing except for the dosage size. So it's "not as bad", but it still amounts to "actors sometimes get juiced to gain muscle". Which I'm surprised anyone would deny. It doesn't seem that long ago that Stallone got caught sneaking a big stack of HGH into Australia.

FreezeC77 and Captaindemotion like this.
  11. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm curious as to whether or not the studio cares enough to have actual doctors looking after him to make sure he is taking care of himself as he is bulking up.

12. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

That apocalyptic hellscape is likely another world altogether not related to Logan or Wade. We see Logan drinking at the bar at the beginning of the trailer and that seems like a fairly normal world.

13. The Knappos

The Knappos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They don’t take steroids.
    They take “supplements”.
    Which may or may not contain steroids and/or other ingredients which act in the same way/have the same effect.

They most definitely, none of them, rely on the gym and high carb/protein diets alone.

14. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

15. theenglish

You mean because of course you shouldn't have to watch previous movies-- it would be ridiculous to expect every member of the audience to be invested in the entire series before purchasing tickets for this one? Because the alternative would be a very poor business strategy.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh OK, I had just thought since it was something his doctor mentioned it would better than usual steroids, which I was under the impression were more of an underground illegal thing.

17. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Not every single one, but they should have some idea of what's going on in the MCU by this point to understand what this is tying into since the TVA are in it

18. theenglish

Remember that Stan Lee said, every comic is somebody's first comic. All the Marvel movies so far, with the exception of Endgame, have contained exposition for any relevant details from previous movies.

Tuskin38 and Commander Troi like this.
  19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

All they have to say is the TVA protects the timeline.

I wouldn't be surprised if Deadpool breaks the fourth wall and mentions Loki.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
  20. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yup, exactly. There's absolutely no need to explain any of the events from Loki. That would be true even if Mobius was the TVA agent Wade meets.

Turtletrekker and Commander Troi like this.