Rumor-- Unaltered Star Wars OT coming on Blu-Ray?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it was more dashing the hopes of no news to see the OT in the unaltered format that bothered some people when they saw the thread bumped.

Maybe after Disney is done dealing with it's Fox merger there will be something. Fox has ANH's rights so Disney can't do anything yet.

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Wow, way to learn something new about the TrekBBS.

3. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, they upset Lucas because his ex-wife (who edited the original OT) will get a share of the profits. In not kidding in that it's probably the MAIN reason Lucas has never wanted to release the OT - a court ruled she was entitled to 50% of any OT profits; BUT NOT entitled to any profits of the 'remastered' stuff as those were done by Lucas AFTER the divorce and in the court's eyes, substantially 'different' enough.

4. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

I can believe that. Lucas has done some petty things in his past when someone pissed him off.

5. ichab

ichab Commodore Commodore

Okay, NOW I get it. For years I could never understand why he was so gung ho about changing those movies and not offering the original cuts like EVERYONE ELSE DOES. Now it all makes sense. It's certainly more believable than his bullsh@t excuse of "This is how I always envisioned those movies to be."

Having said that, Lucas no longer owns Star Wars so there's no reason for Disney to not give fans what theyve been asking for the last twenty stinking years.

Teelie likes this.
  6. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I still wouldn't count on it. Gareth Edwards confirmed that the 4K restoration of A New Hope that he saw while working on Rogue One was indeed the Special Edition cut, not the original.

7. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't let them censor you. They got bark but no bite.