Roberto Orci Not Directing Trek XIII

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by MvRojo, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

If that's the way one thinks about such things, I suppose.

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The uselessness of many producer credits in motion pictures is nothing new; it has been happening for decades. That's why the Producers Guild of America has started certifying credits with the "p.g.a." label. The proliferation of producing credits hasn't stopped, but now it's a little easier to see which ones have actual weight behind them.

At least, that's the idea. Maurice is better equipped to comment on the practice than I am.

3. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've always thought that designating an actor in a movie or tv series as "producer" was just a way to pad a paycheck. That, and maybe to give the actor more input into production decisions. Probably all done in salary negotiations.

I have no idea how that stuff works, but it's how my old addled brain justifies it.

4. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Not the kind of thing that would've occurred to me about someone who wasn't Mr. "I Make Movies And You Don't," but yeah, it occurs to me about Orci. I'm not evaluating his movies by his personality, but OTOH I shan't pretend I don't think he's an asshole. :p