Rian Johnson trilogy canceled

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by crookeddy, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

@crookeddy , you hit the nail on the head. This is all an internet rumor. They aren’t going to shut this down because doing so adds legitimacy to the noise. That is unnecessary for them.

2. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's not at all what I said. I was saying the rumor is obviously true... They won't address it until after Episode 9.

3. Campe

You literally just said that it wasn’t officially canceled. Why are you continuing to push this? Because you have to be right? Because you heard it off of some random YT channel that has no legitimacy other than you or I? I could suggest that I heard from inside sources that the next Star Wars movie was going to be entirely in Hutteese and it would have as much legitimacy as this moronic rumor that will not die.

4. crookeddy

Deep down, I think we all knew it would be canceled after the Last Jedi backlash. Why deal with it? Just quietly step away from it and move forward with something else. It's the only smart decision, and Disney is VERY smart. We don't need confirmation to know this.

5. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nope, not at all.

Masiral and Campe like this.
  6. Campe

Sigh. It might still be canceled someday. But it isn’t right now. Some YTer with “sources” isn’t going to be the one to break the news. Johnson suggested he’s still working on it as of a few weeks ago. Kennedy suggested in April work was still going forward. Literally a week ago we got an official notice from Lucasfilm that the Benioff & Weiss trilogy was canceled. I think you’re looking into far too much backlash from a small group of fans that have a megaphone called the internet.

Until a legit source suggests otherwise, you are absolutely wrong.

BillJ likes this.
  7. fireproof78

Deep down, I think we all know the Internet is always right. :shifty:

In all seriousness, if this backlash is all it takes for LFL to shut down production with a producer then Star Wars deserves to die. It is ridiculous that any negative press is taken as evidence of universal disdain. If LFL can't weather the negativity then Star Wars deserves to be shut down permanently.

BillJ likes this.
  8. crookeddy

Nothing is ever permanent in comic books or Hollywood. Just 10-15 years.

9. Campe

Why I oughta—!! ;)

fireproof78 likes this.
  10. crookeddy

The internet isn't always right, but they have pretty much absolute power now. Make some Youtube videos, get some people Tweeting, and you can sink billion dollar companies, impeach a president, cause a revolution. That's why Cambridge Analytica was able to achieve all it did.

11. fireproof78

And negativity will always come out. That's a fact of Hollywood. So, if they can't weather it then best to shut it down, pack up, and go home. Because, Lucas himself could come back to direct the next film/show/movie/stage play/whatnot and it would still be slammed on the Internet.

Let's stop pretending otherwise. Right now, the negative crowd is eating up this news wishing hard that Johnson never touches Star Wars again, failing to realize that nothing will ever be without its downside.
    And that's terrifying. It's a bully pulpit of the worst kind. That's why I shudder at the impact upon the entertainment industry, much less politics. Facts mean nothing in this world. Terrifying.

BillJ likes this.
  12. crookeddy

Mods, I wouldn't mind if you changed the subject to add a question mark. This trilogy will obviously be canceled, but it hasn't been made official yet.

13. fireproof78

Why bother? You already know it to be true so why change it now?

Campe likes this.
  14. Campe

What makes you so sure about this this time as opposed to the fifty other times certain users have suggested this?

15. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds like business as usual to me. Even when the Game of Thrones dudes were developing their trilogy, their first one wasn't due out until 2022, with no planned Star Wars films in the interim. Meaning Star Wars films would have been on hiatus for a few years anyway.

fireproof78 and Campe like this.
  16. crookeddy

I was always sure. I just didn't have a source. Now I thought I did, but you guys convinced me otherwise. You know, people on the internet, convincing others of things. Like people on the internet convinced Disney to shut Rian Johnson down.

17. Campe

So in other words... you know nothing about this outside of what you read on the internet.

18. crookeddy

For better or worse, the internet crafts all of our realties these days. Some choose not to admit it, but it doesn't make it less so. Anyway, I don't mind this thread being locked at this point. We can wait for more concrete news and resume the debate.

19. Campe

While it is true that the internet has shaped how we get our news, I’m far more prone to trust verifiable news sources as opposed to an article from a website I’ve never heard of that got their “news” from a YouTube channel that got their “scoop” from a completely unverifiable “inside source.” And yes, I have and will continue to question these things. While there have been true things to come this way (the Obi-Wan news finally breaking for instance), more often than not it tends to be an effort in wish fulfillment and generating clicks for cash.

BillJ and fireproof78 like this.
  20. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Rian trilogy cancelled
    D and D trilogy cancelled
    Sequel trilogy.. divisive corporate BS

Good job disney ruining three trilogies