Rank the Terminator films

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by somebuddyx, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I think if I smoke a big enough joint I won't even remember seeing 6. I'll just have someone make up a better film when I ask them what the hell happened.

Noname Given likes this.
  2. Timby

Timby Game ... OVER! Administrator

I can't decide whether the score or the CGI is worse.

3. Foxhot

Foxhot Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She stole Reagan's neck.

4. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

A lot of the tie ins do, but I'm also wary of a canon debate. In either case those sources have the 850 as being much more flexible in it's behaviour, able to overwrite a lot of its' subroutines, consequently being much more suited to human interaction and longer term infiltration.

Of course that does seem to be somewhat offset by the fact they all look identical......

One marked difference between the two in the films is that the T2 machines' skin heals, whereas the machine in T1 is seen to rot as the flesh necrotises.

5. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep. I'm the same way.

6. Foxhot

And even if the movie's great, like ALIENS and the first TERMINATOR, I often think it's merely good until the second time.

7. Tosk

Tosk Vice Admiral Admiral

My only point is that it's an odd thing to change due to copyright if the film never even mentions it. Odd, but stranger things have happened.

It's due to the amount of damage. In-universe, the Terminators from T1 and T2 are functionally identical.

8. Spot261

It barely has any damage!

9. Tosk

In T2, it's just the bullet holes which are said to heal up, Sarah removes the bullets and dresses the wounds. The T1 Terminator has an open facial wound where a bunch of flesh and an eyeball were cut away with an X-ACTO knife and not cleaned or dressed.

10. Spot261

In Genesys the Guardian/Pops has his hand and most of his forearm de gloved yet manages to heal over time. The difference isn't in the extent of the damage but the simple fact of healing at all. In T1 there's no evidence whatsoever of it taking place or even being possible, whereas in later iterations pretty much any "wound" can be healed given sufficient time.

11. Tosk

We don't see any flesh heal, that's true (the story takes place over a very short period of time) but the Terminator does dress and bandage the arm wound, so I would argue it is implied as possible.

I won't argue over Genisys...it's portrayal of Terminators is incompatible with the original films.

12. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It could also be argued that maybe the Terminator in part one doesn't want its flesh to heal. The same way Reese came back knowing he had to become John Connor's father, maybe the T-800 knew it was the catalyst for Miles Dyson to create SkyNet, so maybe it gave zero fucks about whether or not its endoskeleton was exposed. As long as it ended up in the hands of Cyberdyne, its mission was a success, skin or no skin :)

Smellmet likes this.
  13. Tosk

That's not what happened. Kyle had no idea he was John's father.

14. Kirk the Jerk

Kirk the Jerk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1. T2
    2. T1
    3. Salvation
    4. T3
    5. Genysis - steaming pile of CGI mess

Smellmet likes this.
  15. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Commodore Commodore

T2-Judgement Day
    The Terminator
    Terminator: The Sarah Conners Chronicles

all the rest are varying levels of crap.

16. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He had to have SOME idea. The savior of humanity gives him a pic of his mom for no reason. Dude falls in love with her after studying said photograph. Years later, TechCom leads an assault on SkyNet HQ, and Connor needs a volunteer to follow the T-800 back and protect Sarah in 1984. Reese volunteers. Wait a second. John is 45. 1984 is.... *MATH* 45 years ago! :eek: He may not have known 100% for sure he was, but I bet the thought crossed his mind once or a thousand times ;)

17. Tosk

While I obviously can't say for sure that Kyle didn't consider the idea, I doubt that John would have risked telling Kyle how old he was. And the possibility would not have years to ferment, the idea wouldn't have even made sense until he finds out that time travel is possible. Kyle volunteers to protect the mother of the future, and goes back to a world he doesn't know with a life-or-death mission that he clearly takes very seriously. He also doesn't seem the sort to spend much time thinking about the ins-and-outs of one possible future. He already knows that John's father died before the war...it's a pretty outlandish idea to anyone who hasn't watched a bunch of movies that it could have been him. ;)

18. Foxhot

Vy shud I worry about dat? My only puposs vas to kill Sarah Connah. Terminatahs don't hurt, dey hurt othas.

Marsden likes this.
  19. Gracewood

Gracewood Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

T2
    T1

The only 2 I have seen.

20. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

In descending order:
    Terminator 2 Judgment Day
    The Terminator
    T2 3D Battle Across Time