Random Thoughts...or...What's on Your Mind?

Wondering if there's anyone I know who is supporting Robert Morris. Some of the random comments I've seen online from his defenders are almost as disgusting as he is.

Had a quite painful incident while we were out walking the dogs this morning. Gracie had seen a rabbit at the same time that I was stepping off the sidewalk to get out of the way of some bikes, and where I stepped off slopped down a bit towards some bushes. Of course the she took off, so I lost my balance went down the slope and landed with my ass and back in a thorny bush. I come out with three bloody holes in my back, one arm scrapped up, and I never checked but feels like I might also have at least one hole on one of my butt cheeks too.

Had a quite painful incident while we were out walking the dogs this morning. Gracie had seen a rabbit at the same time that I was stepping off the sidewalk to get out of the way of some bikes, and where I stepped off slopped down a bit towards some bushes. Of course the she took off, so I lost my balance went down the slope and landed with my ass and back in a thorny bush. I come out with three bloody holes in my back, one arm scrapped up, and I never checked but feels like I might also have at least one hole on one of my butt cheeks too.
Ouch. That sounds painful.

Ouch. That sounds painful.
Yeah, it was not pleasant. I didn't realize it had thorns until I ran into it, and I ending yelling for my mom for help since I ended up in the middle of the bush and could get out without getting stabbed by more thorns.
The worst part is, before I fell it in, actually thought it was going to be soft and help cushion the hard rocky ground. I think the hard rocky ground would have actually been less painful.

Hot chocolates are the perfect way to warm up on this winter's day.

I think a bucket list item for me is celebrating Christmas in the southern hemisphere. I always forget that while we're having 80 to 100 degree days here, in places like Australia it's winter. I think Christmas on the beach would be amazing.

Christmas in summer is great. All of my Christmas have been in summer. Been a long while since I did a beach Christmas. Quite often it can be 30c plus. Cold beer helps cool me down on those days.

Fridge needs a water filter, Amazon is having a current sale on many items and water filters were among them. Almost bought a three-pack, then I click on the company and see that it's another one of the many many Chinese knockoff items that are all over Amazon. Usually, they're obvious because of how nonsensical the brand name is, but this one looked legit. I wish Amazon did a better job (or rather, did any job) of separating the legit from the knockoff.

Near my home there's a street, National Boulevard, that follows a very odd route.

uWH6nzT.jpeg

For years, I figured that a section of that street must have been obliterated when the Santa Monica Freeway was built in the early 1960s, so traffic engineers had to patch together a new route from bits of existing streets. Then I found a local road map that predated the freeway. National Boulevard looked exactly the same then as it does now. It's just a weird street.

Had a 2023 Rivian SUV come in for four tire installation today. Each tire, from Michelin, is specifically designed for this all-electric SUV and cost almost $500 a tire. After the $100 instant savings and $100 manufacturers rebate, plus taxes and labor, the customer still ended up paying almost $2200 for four tires. I asked the customer how much he spent on the Rivian and he said "Almost $90,000". That's insane.

Back