Random Thoughts...or...What's on Your Mind?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sibyl, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

My pleasure.

2. Fantasy Lover

Fantasy Lover Captain Premium Member

My bf and I discussed marriage today; after discussing cohabiting previously. The good news keeps coming and now I'm worried I'll get bad news. So I'm fully expecting now I don't get the job or something else happens

3. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

Late in December 2002, a (suposedly) enormously popular Conservative radio talk show host here in the Seattle/Puget Sound area passed away unexpectedly. He anchored the noon to 3pm slot and boasted he was the number one conservative talk show in Seattle; which was reflected in the ratings as the station was almost always Number One. Well since his passing, the station's ratings have been in free fall and now they're out of the top ten. Nothing the station seems to do seems to right the ship. They just announced another round of layoffs and programming changes on both their main channel and their sister station. The station that actually seems to have benefitted from his passing is the local NPR station, whose ratings have gone up, and they are now in the top three. I don't know why I'm taking such perverse pleasure in watching a station struggle in the ratings as it affects the livelihoods of several radio personalities, but the fact that one person contributed so much to the station's success and the conservative market probably wasn't as big as the station thought it was and they haven't been able to replicate it and listeners are seeking their news from other sources makes me happy.

BillJ, auntiehill and Gary Mitchell like this.
  4. Fantasy Lover

Fantasy Lover Captain Premium Member

Didn't get the job, called it

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Sorry to hear that. Keep at it; something will turn up.

BillJ, Gary Mitchell, HIjol and 3 others like this.
  6. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Okie dokie! Moderator

Sorry that that one didn't work out. :(

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought of something that was good for this thread a couple days ago, but now I don't remember what it was.

8. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

Learned me a new word, today…

“Irrefragable”

Seems appropriate for just about anything going on, these days…

…as Many believe the are Irrefragable…

I like learning new things…

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remembered what I was going to post.
    I've been watching The First 48 some lately, which for anyone not familiar with it, followed real detectives in different US cities as they investigate real murders, and the thing that gets me is the stupid crap people murder each other over. One that really sticks in my mind is a case where it turned out one guy killed another guy because he wouldn't return an X-Box controller that he borrowed and wouldn't return. I don't condone murder ever, but there are certain situations where I can at least understand why someone would want to kill another person, and this is definitely not one of them.

BillJ likes this.
  10. DarrenTR1970

So, while waiting for the first customer of the day, I'm back in the shop talking with Wendall and the others and Wendall said that Jeff, the District Manager just got back from a conference of District Managers in California.

While there, they were asked to take a survey and over half the District Managers responded that they didn't know how to change a tire or do a flat repair.

The flat repair I can kind of understand, there are some steps involved, and I learned by watching and trial and error on discarded tires; but to not know how to remove and replace a tire with the spare or a new wheel, that should be something everyone should know how to do.

11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I am so freaking tired.

BillJ and Commander Troi like this.
  12. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I check my blood sugar several times a day, but this morning I used the lancet and it hurt more than usual and the blood sort of spurted out which it has never done. Later I noticed that 2 of my fingers were bruised. All purple in a big area, which is also something new. I might have to get a new lancet holder if this continues. Diabetes is an expensive disease.

Commander Troi and Avalon like this.
  13. DarrenTR1970

Why the heck am I seeing all these deodorant/body wash and body odor ads on TV and YouTube? Has it sudddenly become a massive problem?

14. sevenstars

sevenstars Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have half an hour to make Fleet Captain by Memorial Day.

15. sevenstars

sevenstars Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Done?
    Yes.

Avro Arrow and Victoria like this.
  16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Am I correct in my assumption that people in Chicago don't hate ALL ketchup, as such, they just don't put it on their hot dogs?

Meaning, a Chicagoan will dip fries in ketchup, or put it on a burger, it's only on hot dogs that they hate it?

(Being about to take a vacation in Chicago, I need to know these things. :lol: )

Last edited: May 27, 2024
  17. HIjol

That’s just about it! :techman:

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Meh, I've pretty much gone off hot dogs anyway. Too damned expensive. And I don't think I've ever gotten over the abomination known as a Dodger Dog. :barf:

Besides, Wrigley Field has HOME RUN INN PIZZA :drool: , so what the hell do I need with hot dogs anyway? :lol:

Last edited: May 27, 2024
  19. HIjol

20. Mr. Laser Beam

I wasn't kidding about the Dodger Dog, BTW. Worst hot dog I have ever eaten in my life. Damned thing was burned up and shriveled, like they'd cooked it with a :censored:ing blowtorch. :barf:

HIjol likes this.