Random Thoughts...or...What's on Your Mind?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sibyl, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Birb-of-Prey

Birb-of-Prey Commander Red Shirt

They unfortunately sound more like a chemical weapon than a snack.

2. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Moderator

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

My favorite diner in San Francisco is open again! They were closed last time I was here (in ‘22). I think it was because of the pandemic.

Velocity, Victoria and SithHappens like this.
  4. sevenstars

sevenstars Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Despite their weirdly unappetizing name, they were always vastly superior. And that was my childhood opinion.

Commander Troi and Avro Arrow like this.
  5. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Captain Red Shirt

My sister posted this image on Facebook yesterday, and while I saw the humor in it, I also felt compelled to write a response based on my personal faith-based viewpoint. Here's what I said...

[​IMG]

All joking aside, I heard someone say that dinosaurs actually might have been on the Ark...but the average size of a mature one was only about six feet tall. Reptiles never stop growing, so the huge ones presented in movies and such were varieties that had lived for centuries...and we actually have fossil evidence to back that up. The Flood wiped most of the bigger ones out, so that's why we don't see them today. But aside from that, the few who remained were probably hunted by humans for food and other resources...and they weren't called "dinosaurs" back then anyway. That term wasn't coined until 1841, so ancient people called the beasts "dragons" - there were even kingdoms that appointed people to be "royal dragon feeders", for example. Some will scoff at the existence of dragons, saying they had to be false...to which I simply point out the Zodiac includes eleven "historical" animals and only a single supposedly "mythical" one.

6. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Okie dokie! Moderator

At one point, I used to think that the whole "flat Earth" concept was just one big joke, that all the flat Earthers were in on. I used to even make some deadpan jokes about it myself.

I think there actually are a number of "flat Earthers" who still do treat it like that. However, one day I realized that some flat Earthers actually take it extremely seriously, and it is their literal belief as to the state of the world. Once I came to that realization, I was no longer comfortable making jokes about it.

This post makes me feel the same way I did that day.

7. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Captain Red Shirt

Well just for the record, I'm definitely no "flat-Earth" advocate...and I tend to think many ancient peoples didn't believe in it either. But I am a Christian and also a believer in creation, so both factor into my overall worldview.

8. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

9. CamisadoFan1

CamisadoFan1 Ensign Newbie

What's on my mind right now is... the war between Russia and Ukraine -- Ukraine and Russia have a meaningless war, when in reality it's really Egypt and Sudan that need help making their neighborhoods safe. Ukraine and Russia are intentionally making their neighborhoods dangerous for no good reason. Egypt and Sudan can't make their neighborhoods safe because they need help in order to do so. That's honestly extremely pathetic to think about.

10. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ukraine is defending themselves from an aggressive neighbor so from their point of view it's not meaningless at all.

11. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

I've had both my eyes done (6 years apart), it's all good, though I don't know if the second surgeon was as skilled as the first one. By the time I had each operation, it was like looking though a mist-covered window, couldn't see a damn thing.

The actual operation was done with a mild anaesthetic, just felt very relaxed, and the anaesthetic around the eyes was very effective, the surgeons touched my eyes and I didn't feel a thing.

Velocity and Commander Troi like this.
  12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ukraine are not "intentionally making their neighborhoods dangerous", they do not want to be in the situation they're in right now. They were invaded by Russia, so it's the Russian's fault that Ukraine's neighborhood's aren't safe right now.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Had a bit of an interesting incident while we were at the park where we go to see the wildlife. When we first went back to the open desert, there was a bull or steer laying by the fence near the gate we go through. He almost got up when we walked by, but didn't so we just walked past him, but on the way back he was still there. We noticed this time that he appeared to be unable to get up all the way, he got his back end up and then got onto his elbows, but didn't appear to be able to get his front feet under him. Once we got back into the park we found a couple of guys who worked there, and they said they had a number to call for the whoever is responsible for the cows. They belong to a rancher who just lets them out to graze in the areas around the park.
    Now I can't help but wonder what happened to him after we left. The fact that he couldn't get up is probably not good.

14. CamisadoFan1

CamisadoFan1 Ensign Newbie

It's not that complicated from my point of view. I'm sorry but most people are never going to care about what my point of view is about something like this. They have to figure it out for themselves. Information can't be ascertained, it has to be asked about.

15. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

16. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The bubble tea places here all seem have the same "how much ice do you want" question, but if you go with the default amount, the ice covers up most of the boba, lychee, etc. and you can't drink the majority of it. If you want it you have to scoop the ice out or wait for it to melt.

Last edited: May 21, 2024
  17. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I refuse to have ice in almost all of my drinks nowadays.

BillJ and Victoria like this.
  18. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

How do they keep your eyes from moving during the procedure?

fireproof78 likes this.
  19. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

The combination of anaesthetics seems to do the job. The first operation, I could only see black, but the second one I could see it happen, vague movements, but the other anaesthetic kept me relaxed and not anxious.

fireproof78 likes this.
  20. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Thank you for being kind enough to make me feel better.

Australis likes this.