Random Thoughts...or...What's on Your Mind?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sibyl, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Sorry to learn that. Knees are fragile.

cosmic mouse and Butters like this.
  2. TribbleFeeder

TribbleFeeder Rear Admiral Premium Member

Butters likes this.
  3. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

Sorry, butters... from a fellow knee -fragile -type. the impact and the twist will get ya.

Woah... :eek:

Armus likes this.
  4. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I have. I tear up watching old programs--knowing everyone on them have passed away.

5. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Time passes really quickly when you're having fun. Wouldn't it be great if it was the opposite? Some things are not right!!

6. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

^amen to that, brother!
    Not necessarily. Mice are awesome climbers. It could have come in through an open window.

Butters likes this.
  7. RunningValkyrie

RunningValkyrie Captain Captain

On Mondays me and my roomies eat dinner and watch Friends on Comedy Central together. It’s usually pleasant.

8. TribbleFeeder

I had an interview for a bartending job on Thursday.

It’s a more permanent position with a legit schedule, as opposed to where I work now. They essentially put me on whenever they feel like it. In August I was working super regularly and then things got more sparse. It’s really frustrating. I had a couple weddings and had to turn down two Saturdays (which I love, I can make almost $500 in four hours) so they haven’t asked me to work in a while. I feel like they might be punishing me.

This would be a weeknight job. I would love to get it. It wouldn’t be as much money but I’ll take a good schedule over anything right now.

Wish me luck! He said his last interview was Sunday (yesterday) so there’s a chance I’ll hear back this week. :)

9. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Good luck! Find a good job is not easy.

Armus, Sibyl, Butters and 1 other person like this.
  10. TribbleFeeder

Thanks!!! Especially in the bartending world. If a bartender makes good money and has steady shifts, they never leave. It’s like trying to get a job in the supreme court. You kind of just have to wait for someone to retire.

All the available jobs are at places with high turnover, like clubs or places that cater to the 21yo crowd.

Sibyl likes this.
  11. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

It's pretty much the same in all lines of work. The best jobs are always taken and you need to fight to get to one, with all you've got and more often than not it's not even enough.

Butters and TribbleFeeder like this.
  12. RunningValkyrie

RunningValkyrie Captain Captain

I’ll keep my fingers crossed! :)

TribbleFeeder and Butters like this.
  13. TribbleFeeder

Thank you!

14. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I thought of a cool video game nerd costume for either Halloween or any nerdy gaming event.

Wear a red monk robe, long white beard and a bald cap. Bring along lots of cardboard swords. Walk up to people and say “It’s dangerous to go alone! Take this!” while offering them the swords.

Sibyl likes this.
  15. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

I really should be seeing a therapist or psychologist, but I simply cannot afford to go as I'm only covered for 50% and they're generally $100 or more per each hour-long session.

So...I need to figure out how to turn this feeling of uselessness and being behind the eightball into action. I have plenty of motivation, but I seem to be unable to act on that motivation and the more I see people doing what I really, really want to be doing, the less I'm able to act on those wishes and desires.

I finally have a year of unabated modeling ahead of me and I have my printers. Hell, I've had my printers for about a year now and have been unable even to turn them on yet.

I have project after project I want to get done, both for me and for other people, but nothing seems to happen (I guess that's one clue...).

One person's Trek Vegas 2019 costume depends on me getting some work done and he'll have a ton of work to do even after I'm done with my part. Then I see someone else do exactly what I've been planning to do and it creates this feeling of utter despair in my seeming inability to get things done.

Gah. Maybe this post should have gone into the Mental Illness thread.

16. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Ten traps did it! I finally got the little vermin. I am leaving my traps in place for a few more days in case it wasn't alone.

17. cosmic mouse

Aaaaaawwwww, man...

;)

18. cosmic mouse

I feel for you, Scribble, and anyone else who cannot afford needed health care in this country. This is a critical issue in the US right now. :(

19. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

To think that I always side with Jerry in the cartoons... Life is weird!

cosmic mouse likes this.
  20. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It’s a big issue this side of the water too. We have the NHS, but mental health funding and staffing levels are scandalous.

I often wish I could devise a socio economic political methodology that granted freedom and individualism to coexist with an efficient health and welfare support structure, that could be embraced by everyone. A sort of altruistic capitalism.

Bill and Ted were on to something, but the Math ain’t settled.