Random Thoughts...or...What's on Your Mind?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sibyl, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wishing that the veggies grew as fast as the weeds.

Random_Spock, KimMH, Discofan and 2 others like this.
  2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Unfortunately, nothing grows as fast as weeds. We need scientists to cross a really attractive plant with a weed, so even if you neglect your yard, it will still look nice.

3. zhe Färängisieve

zhe Färängisieve Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

debt?

Edith: "removed typo"

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Avro Arrow likes this.
  4. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

People growing weed may disagree with you.:lol:

Butters and zhe Färängisieve like this.
  5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Is that supposed to be "debt" or "depth"? :shrug:

6. Nakita Akita

Nakita Akita Commodore Commodore

I have a head ache. :brickwall:
    I hate head aches.:wah:
    That's it.

7. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Isn't funny that there's a star whose name sounds exactly like Beetlejuice?

8. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Me too. I just got rid of a bad one and then I bonked my head on t tree branch.

Nakita Akita likes this.
  9. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I want BBQ pulled pork nachos right now...

10. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

It just wasn't your day!

Remind me of when I kept cutting myself shaving. It was really getting on my nerves because sometimes the cut would reopen in the middle of a speech and I would see blood dripping on my pulpit after which I'd notice people looking at me funny! That's when you have to make a joke, put your handkerchief on the wound and continue as if nothing happened.

Nakita Akita and Gary Mitchell like this.
  11. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Next Halloween I’m going to get a Kiefer Sutherland mask and a mustache and go as Donald Sutherland.

Velocity likes this.
  12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the city of Chicago very much, and - up until now - I’ve been looking forward to going up in the Sears Tower during decent weather.

Why “up until now”? THIS is why.

KimMH likes this.
  13. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I don't get it? :confused: I read the article you linked to... if anything, that should be more reassuring than anything else.

Unless you were planning to take your two pet white rhinos; then I could see how that would be a problem. :)

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I know the tower officials said it’s still safe, but then again, they would, wouldn’t they? ;)

A crack is a crack, after all. I don’t really CARE how many times they say it’s safe - it would have scared the living shit out of me if it had happened when I was up there.

I mean, how many people who go up there even KNOW that there’s a protective layer, and that this was all that cracked? Hell, I didn’t know that until now.

That said: I did go up in the SkyDeck last summer but unfortunately I waited too long - when I went up, the weather was so bad that I couldn’t see anything. And I mean that literally - because of all the fog, I could not see anything outside, just a featureless white void. It was very eerie - looked like I was in the Matrix! :eek: I realize it was a total waste of money and I shouldn’t have done it in the first place...I just thought, well, this IS Chicago, who the hell goes to Chicago and ignores such a famous landmark? :lol:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    KimMH and Avro Arrow like this.
  15. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

They caught another guy vandalizing the park nearby. The A..hole is 27! Even older than the other one. When are these morons planning to grow up? The funny thing is that he never realized that they put a camera there (it was well hidden) and then they managed to identify him. To think that we have to live in the world of Big Brother to get these idiots to stop!

16. Obsidian7

Obsidian7 Commander Red Shirt

It's that time of year again when my hometown celebrates a holiday that's exclusive to the town's history. (Protecting its borders.) It doesn't officially start until Tuesday but the ceremonial build up is already underway.

On Tuesday, we get woken up at 5 am by the sound of bagpipes and brass bands. The local bars open at 7 am. The celebrations last all day which means the roads are shut down/diverted. Around 6 pm it's tradition for the bands to circle the town centre fountain three times.

Nakita Akita and Gary Mitchell like this.
  17. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

A city not far from here has a celebration once a year where they organize a carnival (a specific one) and the Maire throws plastic lobsters from the rooftop of city hall. Whoever gets one can convert it to a real one at a store!! I think it's stupid as people will fight for these lobsters and possibly get hurt, but traditions are often stupid and barbaric. In Spain, they have a lot of these where often people get hurt or even killed!!!

18. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

I'm not sure what Kaposia Days are, but it's a yearly thing in my town.

A town about 45-minutes south of me celebrates Jesse James Days every year. Nothing like celebrating an outlaw. :rolleyes:

KimMH likes this.
  19. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Our History

Several hundred years ago, a band of the Mdewakanton Dakota Native Americans traveled across the Mississippi River from Dayton’s Bluff to establish a village on a site at Concord Street near Butler Avenue. The tribe was called ‘Kaposia’ which means light of foot.

The Kaposia band of the Mdewakanton Dakota were the first people to settle in our area, which was incorporated as the City of South St. Paul in 1887. The Kaposia Village consisted of about 20 lodges and nearly 100 Mdewakanton Dakota Native Americans, who were a peaceful, friendly tribe and open to the customs of the early settlers.

In 1976, the first city festival was held. When deciding upon a name for our festival, the originating committee looked for something unique. They selected the name Kaposia Days in honor of the Mdewakanton Dakota and their friendly nature. The committee envisioned the community coming together much in the same manner as the Kaposia Indian Village had.

Our Mission

Kaposia Days is a community celebration provided by the community for the community.

Its primary purpose is to improve the quality of life in South St. Paul by developing a sense of community. This is accomplished through leisure time involvement in South St. Paul either through preparation for the celebration or participation in the activities which are oriented toward the family unit.

https://kaposiadays.org/us/

KimMH and Sibyl like this.
  20. Obsidian7

Obsidian7 Commander Red Shirt

I've heard of the tomato festival in Spain which looks messy and hilarious but not lobsters. That's crazy! :eek::hugegrin: