Spoilers Prodigy Episode Previews

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Prodigy' started by Tuskin38, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Wouter

Wouter Captain Captain

Janeway and co are definitely watching something that's shocking them, but it doesn't seem to be on the bridge of the Dauntless or some other ship.I don't recognise the background.

Other than holo-Janeway, we can be certain none of the protagonists will be killed. If holo-Janeway chooses to go down with the ship to save Starfleet, it will be her own choice (and a redemption for being infected by the construct and unwittingly acting as its agent). If she goes down, I think we will see both her and the Protostar back, in the future where Chakotay is stuck.

Having said that, it's also possible that an attempted detonation of the protostar core will lead to unintended but fortuitous time travel (probably with the crew onboard, in that case - the synopsis does say that the crew must make the ultimate sacrifice), rather than a (small) supernova.

I don't see Starfleet giving those teens/children, including 8-year old Rok, a vessel (and still a classified prototype, at that, if they even have a second example of this experimental class of ships ready to go). They aren't even cadets yet (and becoming one is going to be very difficult for Dal, and questions will be asked about Gwyn as well) and most of them belong in some Federation equivalent of youth protection (and overdue treatment of their respective traumas). At best, they might be allowed to come along on a mission to find Solum on the Dauntless, if one of them (Gwyn) is deemed to be essential for that mission.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  2. Ralph O Ward III

Ralph O Ward III Lieutenant Red Shirt

Unless the ship and crew ended up in another time

Wouter likes this.
  3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Could be a large-ish rec room or hall similar to the one from TMP (but not as big as that one)

Wouter likes this.
  4. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

8 years on Rock’s planet could be 80 or even 800 years on ours. Planets orbit different suns of different sizes at different distances with different orbital patterns. :shrug:

Maybe Doctor Eric Macdonald can explain in an accompanying science short one week like when she explained warp drive.

5. Wouter

Wouter Captain Captain

Good call, It does indeed remind of that TMP rec room. Maybe there is such a room on the Dauntless (and it survives).

Possibly, but Rok is in any case a very young child, not even a teen yet. 8 years would be equivalent to human age.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

It would be about Rok’s emotional and physical maturity rather that her planet’s orbital or rotational specifics.

Timofnine and Wouter like this.
  7. Deks

Deks Vice Admiral Admiral

The pics from the episode just show pretty much everyone staring upward towards... something (possibly the Protostar being led to self-destruct?).

I already posited before that holo-Janeway might try to 'merge' with the Living Construct to change its coding/purpose and stop the attack - in which case, the Construct will stop being a threat to anyone (could end up shutting down) and the Protostar will be able to finally return to Starfleet.

I know the final episode already aired accidentally in Brazil, and it was said the Prodigies will try to blow up the Protostar, but that this particular plan would cause a substantial blast radius and instead will try to do that at Warp to try and spread the energy evenly (minimize the damage).

If the Protostar ends up destroyed, it could indeed be rebuilt by SF and new one used to save Chakotay for example in Season 2 (or we will get a completely different ship/setting - maybe the Dauntless survives and will be used?).

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  8. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

9. adv1701

adv1701 Commander Red Shirt

10. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

the doc.jpg

timey.jpg

"Hero of the Delta Quadrant." :guffaw:

Prodigy getting shopped around reminds me intensely now of a certain holographic data stream traversing an ancient alien relay network in an effort to reach home...

Uncanny.

Just when I thought Star Trek couldn't get any brighter, Robert Picardo shows up...

11. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Interesting that the Universal Translator can pick that up; when it turns Rok-Tahk's normal deep growls into human speech, it gives her the voice inflections of a young kid.

Wouter and AnimationAdmiral like this.
  12. Uhura's Song

Uhura's Song Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

8 year old Rok was stuck in a time loop for how many years? Dozens?

She is hardly 8.

13. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

The New Frontier novels say that Brikars go through puberty quite late in life. They could be referring to that

14. Sumire

Sumire Commander Red Shirt

But it wasn’t a time loop, it was time moving incredibly, incredibly slowly so, to our perception she aged 10 minutes, to her perception, yes, possibly dozens of years.

15. Sirion

Sirion Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Can you tell me when 'Star Trek: Prodigy II' will be aired in Europe?

16. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen a release date anywhere. Sometime in 2024 is all they'll say.

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I read April somewhere, but it may have been speculation

18. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

Greener pastures, working on something great.
    If DIS finishes by June, and LD airs in late August as usual, then maybe the first half of PRO S2 airs in July/August, and the second half airs November/December.

19. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Why would Netflix feel the need to base their schedule around the schedule for the P+ Trek shows?

20. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

Greener pastures, working on something great.
    1) Netflix has been known to release shows in installments before.
    2) Its still an Alex Kurtzman produced show. And Alex Kurtzman still works for Paramount, who still owns the Star Trek IP.