POLL: How Do You Feel About the Borg on Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Top41, Feb 20, 2003.

?

Don't Make Me...

1. Akiraprise

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. DanTheGrey

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Ripley

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Turbo

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. John Sullivan

John Sullivan Commodore Commodore

Re: POLL: How Do You Feel About the Borg on Enterp

They already have Jolene Baywatch - far more Borg than Vulcan.

Truthfully, the best response is at "General Discussion" under the post: "Town Hall Meeting With Rick Berman."

2. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

If one 24th century element shows up once a season it won't bug me. That's seven episodes out of 182. No big deal really.

3. Snow

Snow Vice Admiral Admiral

Simply put - a terrible idea.

I'm a fan of the temporal cold war, think they made a good start with the Suliban, am not keen on the Klingons so far, the Ferengi a bad mistake, the Andorians not used to their potential. My attitude with the series has generally been wait and see but I'm losing interest slowly and my expectations are lowered every week.

Work on developing the characters, adding new semi-reoccuring characters, the development of Star Fleet and the Federation, moral dilemmas, potential allies to the Federation, tragic mistakes by the Enterprise. There is plenty to mine without the Borg.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

My vote was probably a bad idea. I wnat to like Enterprise and, in fact, liked Future Tense this week. However, I would really like to see them going to more of the homeworlds or ships of aliens from TOS. (Tellarites, the little green guys with fezes in Jorney to Babel)

I think that there is potential here, it just seems like they would rather coast sometimes, instead of actual invigoration of the series.

p.s. Does anyone notice that the Berman and Braga use a lot of buzzwords in their descriptions sometimes, Maybe they both have pointy hair? :lol:

5. Knucles2

Knucles2 Commodore Commodore

I know of one "shipper" ( :lol: ) who'll beam aboard for this stupid idea...
    Samuel T. Cogley... :D
    He's got a hundred bucks riding on the Borg making an appearance within a year after he made the bet with MR... :lol:

6. Guest

Guest Guest

It's obvious what's going to happen if they do a Borg episode:
    • Archer meets species 001
    • Archer finds species 001 will die without Starfleet technology
    • Archer has a moral dilemma
    • T'Pol suggests Archer not interfere
    • Trip talks Archer into 'helping'
    • Archer creates the Borg
    Why not? He invented everything else.

7. JNG

JNG Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command Rear Admiral

I feel broken-hearted.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I can already say B&B along with bad acting from Scott Bakura and assholes who can't use simple logic will mess this show up and esp this episode.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I am in the wait and see crowd myself. "First Contact" sets up this idea real nicely. A piece of the Borg Sphere with drones could have survived and crashed into Earth's Arctic Circle as I have found out the premise of the show could be. ((One Question in this vein what happen to all those Borg Picard and crew shot off the side of the Enterprise into orbit??)) I am waiting to see how they will make it so the Borg will not be well known before Picard's time as it seemed. It could like a Roswell situation today. A lot of rumors and Questions but no solid answers. It might be a Starfleet cover up too a la X-Files and is maybe the reason why a couple of centuries later a couple named Hanson take their daughter on a Borg hunt. As I remember it they thought as Kooks at the time if I am not mistaken. It could work and fill in a lot of question in Trek if done properly. BUt I look at the past B&B stuff and I wonder.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

OK, if (that's a big "if") B & B use their brains, any continuity errors can be nicely cancelled if by the end of season 7 the future guy (or whoever) rearranges history so that all the 7 years of Ent don't exist so that the NCC-1701 Enterprise is the first spaceship called Enterprise and any complications about cloak technology, borgs etc can be neatly cancelled. :)

For the record, I think ENT's episodes in the second season are a lot better and more fresh than in the first season (but then Voyager had a crap first season too)

11. Praxis

Praxis Captain Captain

Why Not?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

A wretchedly idiotic idea. This is not just a confession of absolute creative bankruptcy, it's a confession of a creative inability to find one's own ass with both hands and a map. It's a creative inability to pour piss out of a boot with instructions printed on the heel.
    It's a shame, not merely a pity, but shameful.

The Chimpanzees inherited a setting incredibly rich in creative potential, a veritalbe goldmine of possibilities. This is what they do with it? Shame on these sad primates.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

There are enough plot threads hanging from the Original Series to be explored that we don't have to import the "sweeps alien" to save the show. Let them get back to what Enterprise was supposed to be - the introduction to Kirk's Universe.

14. USS Gettysburg

USS Gettysburg Captain Captain

It's not a bad idea and it is plausable. Why not. I don't see how they would be able to bet 24th century borg though. :borg:

15. TuvoksTupac

TuvoksTupac Commander Red Shirt

Bring in the Borg!Hell,Bring in the Clowns!

16. Guest

Guest Guest

As much as I've already said that I think bringing the Borg in is a terrible idea, I'm going to wait and see how the episode turns out. We don't know what changes if any can happen from now to the airing of the episode.

Maybe I'm delusional, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this to a point.

17. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    If Brannon Braga is ever capable of coming up with a halfway original story idea exploring little-seen species from TOS,let me know.

I'm sure I'll be in my early 90's by then and hitting on the ladies in the retirement home,but all the same...gimme a ring when the Killer B gets a clue.

18. The Ultimate Trekker

The Ultimate Trekker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This ideal totally sucks! It figures that Berman and his lapdog Braga would do something like this. Why didnt they just remake TNG since most of the characters and plots are from that great series anyway!

I CANT WAIT UNTIL THIS CRAP GOES OFF THE AIR! :borg:

19. PeeWee's USS Lollipop

PeeWee's USS Lollipop Commodore Commodore

Hey, remember the evil clown in voyager?
    Whatever happened to him?
    Fact:everyone loves evil clowns :lol:

20. Guest

Guest Guest

I did not think I would like the borg in enterpise, but what I have seen of the supposed story actually seems really good, and if done rigth could turn out to be great, I don't like that extra stuff on startrekuk about phlox being assimilated and stuff, but I think thats fake I can't imagine it happening.