Pictures leaked!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Gojira, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Trekkie2

Trekkie2 Commander Red Shirt

^I tried to read and understand that. I'm not feeling good today. Help me out. A short summary, please?

I'm thinking, as was suggested in the 4th issue of the comic book series that she suddenly thought to take a shuttle and rescue her beloved Spock.

I'll think Cumberbatch is playing a Klingon augment that infiltrated Starfleet. One infiltrated the Federation heirarchy in The Trouble With Tribbles episode. Could he be Arne Darvin?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I was joking, really, but think of any of a number of cartoons - "Tom & Jerry", say:
    Tom is pursuing Jerry. Jerry suddenly pulls out a large mallet to thwack Tom on the head, or pulls out a large mousetrap and sets it where it can snap shut on Tom's fingers. Jerry doesn't wear clothing, so no pockets; isn't seen beforehand to be carrying mallet or mousetrap; he simply reaches behind his back and... from somewhere... pulls out whatever implement he needs.​
    I merely suggested that, in the picture—since Uhura is wearing no obvious belt or holster from which she could have drawn a weapon—she must have reached back into this other-dimensional "hammerspace" and pulled out a phaser to point at Cumberbatch's character.

M', overexplaining the joke within an inch of its life

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's either a Starfleet traitor (Section 31?) or some kind of infiltrator, and the Klingon precedent with Darvin would certainly fit.

The Khan discussion has convinced me that Khan is just unworkable for this movie. If the guy doesn't "look" like Khan - and no pasty white guy can look like Khan - then why bother with Khan at all? It will be meaningless to the general audience and annoy (to put it mildly) the Trekkist element. Khan = exotic, hot guy with his shirt open to his navel, with wildly exaggerated self-confidence and swagger, like a Bollywood star. They wouldn't have cast Cumberbatch for a role like that, but Darvin? Hmmm....

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Cumberpatch does look more "athletic" now....and wow is it really only a year and a half till the movie comes out?

RAMA

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    "Only"?!

ONLY???

Just kidding. To me, it's far too long a wait. Most of us hoped this movie would be out this year and not next.

6. Trekkie2

Trekkie2 Commander Red Shirt

Ok, now I got it, thanks.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Maybe Uhura is taken hostage by Cumberbatch's character

Spock comes to rescue her

Spock fights with Cumberbatch

Spock goes down but Uhura takes his phaser and finishes off Cumberbatch

8. cooleddie74

She probably stunned him unconscious. I don't think Paramount would release photos from a character's death scene more than a year before the film hits theaters. After all, Cumberbatch is supposed to play an important part in the movie. Revealing this early how(or even if)he dies and at whose hands would be monumentally stupid.

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54[/yt]

10. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

You'd also think that if there's a coup de grace, it would go to Kirk. I mean, can you imagine how Shatner would've reacted to a script where Uhura kills off the big villain in the climatic scene of the movie?

11. cooleddie74

He'd have walked off the set and never come back. If Kirk didn't get to deliver the death blow personally he needed to play a part in it. Anything else and Bill wouldn't bother to show up for work.

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I think they were simply hinting that it would be another character who goes mad or possesses god-like powers or something.

Not that it would actually be Gary Mitchell.

I suspect it's more that JJ thought Saldana just looked a lot better without the clunky looking belt. After all, they still have her wearing a skirt on an away mission, which can't be the most pleasant thing for female crewmembers. ;)

13. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

I am always willing to suspend disbelief for women in mini-skirts.

14. cooleddie74

Tell 'em, Steve-Dave! :techman:

15. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

"If you prick me, do I not... leak?" [/Data]

16. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Colonel Green and Arne Darvin weren't in the first season. :vulcan:

17. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I doubt it, seeing as Kirk does not deliver the death blow in Shatner's own ST5, and the only part he plays in said death blow is to be saved by someone else.

18. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

And so? TPTB merely said that someone from first season would be appearing. Not that they'd be the villain, or even that they'd play a significant role in the movie. Merely that a first season fan-favorite character would "put in an appearance".

A brief cameo by, say, Harry Mudd, most certainly wouldn't eliminate the possibility of Green or Darvin or a whole host of other TOS characters ALSO appearing in the movie, now would it?

And Cumberbatch? He might be playing the fan favorite from season one, or he might not. He could be playing someone from another season altogether, or an entirely new character that was created specifically for the film.

19. cooleddie74

True. But he DIRECTED and co-wrote that one.;) So he had final say over everything. Didn't matter if Kirk didn't destroy or incapacitate the "God entity." He was still one of the heroes at the end for having survived and gotten his ship back from its hijackers.

20. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We should add the mirror universe into the discussion. Imagine a war between two universe. One evil and one good, good universe versus evil universe.