Pictures leaked!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Gojira, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

While it is true that it's not canon, it's highly unlikely that the movie will contradict the comic to such a degree, given that the writers of the movie are involved with the comics as well.

2. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You all do realize that they may just be ignoring the "vulcans are stronger than humans" thing...

Just putting it out there.

3. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Cool pictures:bolian:
    Is it me or does the phaser look different than those from the first film?:shifty: Unless it is some other weapon, though the shape does suggest a phaser.
    Though the pics are bit blurry.

4. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe but doesn't even look like he is going to. Cumberbatch also seems pretty confident that he can hold him with just one hand. It's a confident grip of power. Spock is needing both hands.

Kirk got the shit kicked out of him by Spock in the last movie. The Romulan's handed his ass to him also.

5. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

They had said something similar back with the IDW comic that came out prior to the 2009 film, but seem to back-track after the film was released. I remember Orci saying something to the effect "I really don't consider the comic prequel storyline to be part of our film's story"

That statement actually kind of crushed me. I was beyond ecstatic that they had brought Data back, but then to have his characters resurrection ignored in the Trek canon.

6. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

My point being that Elizabeth Dehner being a former McCoy flame, in the first issue, is possibly an easter egg for the new movie. Had the new movie planned to use Gary Mitchell as a character, the debut comic would have chosen one of the other 78 episodes.

Since there hasn't been any post-"Nemesis" canon, how could Data's resurrection be acknowledged by the JJ movies? Was Spock Prime supposed to mention him?

In any case, Captain Data's uniform reflects the style featured in "Star Trek Online", so the 24th century status quo hasn't really been ignored.

7. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

But Androids don't bleed. I like the Idea that he could be a crew member of the S.S. Valiant. Is it possible that Cumberbatch is playing Geirrod Agnaarson, a psionic super-human?

8. number1strat

number1strat Ensign Newbie

Not saying that's not a possibility, but I don't think that's the case after showing Ayel one-hand-choke-lift Kirk in the last movie without even really seeming to struggle at all.

9. Trekkie2

Trekkie2 Commander Red Shirt

When Abrams said to look at comic book issues #1 and #4 for clues, I assumed they wouldn't be screaming at us saying Gary Mitchell. I figured it would be quite subtle in the first issue, maybe a distress signal. He did say that the movie theme would come from issue #4. I don't see Monkey Monsters being the antagonist.

"There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact" - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Maybe we should look beyond the obvious.

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Apparently they did Mitchell in the comics.

I think I'd go with him being either Mitchell, Colonel Green in place of Khan (TBH, if I was making the new Trek movie, I'd probably have a really early scene where a suave figure surrounded by followers calls for silence, says "I am Khan Noonian Singh" and immediately gets stabbed/phasered/throttled/disintegrated by Cumberbatch, who then says "right, now that that loser is out of the way, how about you follow someone who's *really* superior...") or a new Starfleet-Captain-gone-bad, which would be a fitting take on a *very* common TOS trope.

11. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Colonel Green would probably consider Khan an impure, mutant human and blow him out of existence.

His agenda was more to maintain the status quo and ensure no genetically deformed humans walked the Earth. Whether diseased through nuclear fallout or left over Augments perhaps? While presumably Nazi-style breeding programs were going on, but less along racial lines and more whoever checked still healthy after WWIII.

Khan and Green are at opposite ends of the Eugenics spectrum IMO.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  12. datas_cat_spot

datas_cat_spot Captain Captain

After spending more time than I care to admit comparing the images to the first movie, I would say it's the same phaser. There may be some minor changes, but the design looks the same to me.

13. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Colonel Green lived and died in the 21st century. Cumberbatch isn't Green...that's something of a safe bet. We're probably looking at a rogue, pissed-off Starfleet officer like a Gary Mitchell. Or some captain-gone-bad along the lines of a Ron Tracey(without it being Tracey himself).

14. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Strength enough to more than hold his own in a fight with Spock. Able to resist a neck pinch. A Romulan or Klingon spy could fit that. Or an Augment. In any case, something a bit more than human may well be indicated.

15. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Spock is wearing a belt that has a communicator (tricorder?) and what looks like a holster for a phaser. If he and Uhura were part of some away team, why wasn't she issued a belt? Shouldn't it be standard issue for anyone on an away mission? That must be Spock's phaser she has. Otherwise, where is she keeping it? In a garter? And where's her communicator?
    Maybe they weren't expecting violence or danger and Uhura didn't see the need to carry the stuff since Spock was. Who knows? Just spit-balling like everyone else, I guess.

16. Tarek71

Tarek71 Commodore Commodore

Unless Colonel Green also went into a sleeper ship, I think hes out.

Its someone wearing some kind of Starfleet uniform, and theres another fellow next to him with an identical uniform. Im guessing some kind of Away team/Field uniform.

An obvious guess is that they are wearing Starfleet uniforms because they are in Starfleet or were. If you think about people who, barring time travel, would be the right age, be credible villains, and might be wearing Starfleet uniforms:

Captain Garth: Right age; wears a uniform because hes in Starfleet or he used to be; already established as a villain/nutcase. Maybe the guy in the pics looks a little too strong to be a normal human? Maybe his "cellular metamorphosis" made him stronger than a normal human.

Captain Tracy is a possibility. But that seems pretty slender here.

Then again, maybe its Khan, and he and the other fellow stole uniforms or were given them just to have something to tool around in.

What we know is that some guys in Starfleet uniforms get into a fight with Spock and Uhura. Thats about it.

17. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The other fella is a stunt double.

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I just hope Keenser gets to kick a little ass in the new movie. Spending all those months cooped up with Scotty on an ice planet couldn't have been good for his psyche...I'm sure he has a lof of pent-up rage. After all, Scotty hogged all the good booze.

19. Tarek71

Tarek71 Commodore Commodore

Yep. Looks like it. I just saw a bigger version of that pic and the guy behond Quinto is made up just like Spock.

20. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Hammerspace?