PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Chilies are a fru-? Er, yes! Of course they are! How silly that people don't know that. Other people. :shifty:

I might have to try the Chiwheaties thing. I like the chili taste in lots of things, so I'm sure it will be pretty good.

(For the record, I was going to say "Whillies" instead of "Chiwheaties", but then I thought saying out loud that I wanted to try some spicy whillies might send the wrong message.)

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Once you get the skin off, and dilute the capsaicin some, the "meat" of a pepper is actually pretty sweet.

Bell peppers aren't so much because they're usually more mature and people never take the skin off. Plus their size somewhat dulls the sweetness. But pick one at the right time and roast it up, and it will taste pretty sweet.

3. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

Not everyone's from round here, Clegg, most of this country, I sadly report, does not know the joys of roasting chilies, eating pinyons or putting fresh honey on a warm sopapilla.

4. CorporalClegg

If the mayor ever wanted to attract new residents, all he'd have to do is kidnap people from around the country and stand them outside anywhere in town on any Saturday afternoon in September. They'd never leave.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is EXCELLENT chocolate. If you like chillies you really should try it. It's great, great stuff. Nice quality chocolate with a great chillie kick that really takes off as you just finish the square.

Chocolate is used as a savoury ingredient in some mexican dishes that contain chillie.

6. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:true, true, but, alas,I went out into the wastelands to try to bring green chillie to the uneducated masses, but they couldn't handle it.

7. CorporalClegg

Their loss.

8. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Not leaving these up forever, but missing my family right now.

Siblings:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

You have lovely/handsome siblings, Kestra, I hope you get to see them soon.

10. Kestra

Thanks J. :)

11. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Indeed. And Kes is lovely as well ;)

12. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Beautiful pictures Kestra! I love that you and your sister have the same warm smile.

13. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Your brother and sister look like great, warm and ebullient people Kes. You sound like you have an ideal family.

14. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Wow, you and your sis look so much alike! What a lovely bunch of siblings!

15. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking of chocolate...

[​IMG]

This was one of the best chocolate packs I've ever bought. A really great selection of 7 chocolate flavors: Black Sea Salt with Caramel, Orange Hibiscus, Coconut Caramel, Chili Cinnamon, Almond Ginger, Salt & Pepper Potato Chip, Coffee and Cocoa Nib. The Salt & Pepper Potato Chip was the most unexpected... convincing blend of chips & chocolate.

16. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Kestra's and her brother's and sister's smiles are brightening my day! It's nice to see pictures of people who look genuinely happy. :techman:

17. Kestra

Thank you! :)

Thanks guys. A lot of people say that we look really similar and I think sometimes it's more in certain pictures than in person. But we sound almost identical, especially if we have been around each other a lot. We've confused our own mother, spouses, and I think even my sister's dog by sounding so similar.

We're actually a really quirky, eccentric bunch but I think we're all really lucky to have each other. Crazy or not.

Aww, that's really sweet. Thanks! Strangely enough, the pic with my sis was taken during one of my most difficult periods (right when I was making the decision to divorce my husband) but my sis and my friends were there for me and we had a good night together. I think the right people in your life can help you through anything. And there's always something to smile about. :)

18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Literally? ;)

19. Gary7

Ouch... that must've burned you a bit there in the colon, Clegg. :lol:

20. Gary7

Having a close-knit supportive family means everything. You're seriously lucky Kestra, and it shows. :techman: