Pick one scene and one scene only

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Riker'sMailbox, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Sakonna

Sakonna Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm sure this changes depending on when you catch me, but right now I'd go with a different scene from "In The Pale Moonlight", the climactic confrontation between Garak and Sisko in Garak's shop.

In fact, I might go watch that right now...

FanST, May 20 and Riker'sMailbox like this.
  2. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

this

Rayleo02 and Riker'sMailbox like this.
  3. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]
    Avery Brooks' acting here is so Shatneresque in its atrociousness that it's always amused the living hell out of me, right from the get-go, with this series. I can't help but laugh at it and it made me like Sisko, right away. I've always been very entertained by the pilot for DS9 and by this scene, in particular. The whole bit with his feet in the hot sand and all that ... pure gold!

4. Groppler Zorn

Groppler Zorn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

“Cadet, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that I’m asking you for a favour. I want a name, and I want it now. And that is an order, Mr Nog!”

5. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs Commodore Commodore

I love so, so many scenes, but to play the game we pick one. From Duet, Marritza's confession speech defined the series for me. Many amazing scenes came after it, but when I think about why Deep Space Nine was amazing and so different from what came before, I look no further than this:

FanST, Nyotarules, cultcross and 6 others like this.
  6. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

Too many to pick just one, but the root beer/'people person' scene is definitely up there.

7. May 20

May 20 Consumer of cookies and milk Premium Member

Several of my favorites have already been chosen, but I cast this into the mix:

The teaser scene in The Quickening when Quark reprograms the replicators to run his commercial. Worf has a mug with Quark's face that plays the jingle. Kira gets in Quark's face. "You will remove all of these advertisements by the time I get back, or I will come to Quark's, and I will have fun." :guffaw:

8. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All of the above.

Plus the rest of the show.

9. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

10. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, you nailed two of my all time favorites within the first five posts for dramatic moments, so I guess I'll go for comedy.

Worf breaking Weyoun's neck and Damar's reaction.

Nakita Akita likes this.
  11. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

"It's a fake!!!"

Actually, I don't know if I have a favorite scene, but this is one of my favorite moments of the series.

12. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't see the scene in that way, but I found it touching and interesting this was when he first met his wife and how magnetic they were. At this point he's still grieving about this scene made me understand why. Jennifer was the perfect woman for Benjamin. No laughing from me, I love this scene and I wish he could've somehow get her back.

13. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

That would be this scene?

It's the first one that sprung to mind for me.

Nakita Akita, May 20 and kkt like this.
  14. 2takesfrakes

I wasn't knocking Sisko's narrative, here ... just the Hammy acting as issued by one Avery Brooks. In fact, I still get misty when Sisko comes to the painful realisation, eventually, that "... it's not linear." Emissary is a very layered and satisfying opener for an interesting series. Even Sir Patrick Stewart's passing of the proverbial torch is more than just an effort to appease fans ... it ties, very well, into the story. When Jadzia Dax made her debut ... any lingering doubts as to whether DS9 was a worthy entry were instantly dispelled. She's my favourite character on the show ... and favourite science officer in the entire franchise, as well. But, yes, I still chuckle when real life intrudes by allowing bad acting to rear its hammy head, in this pilot. Doesn't mean I think any less of it. You have my assurances ...

FanST likes this.
  15. Balok's Decoy

Balok's Decoy Commodore Commodore

Yeah the "It's not linear" epiphany that Sisko has in the first episode is hard to beat. There's a ton of other ones though but I won't violate the post's rules.

STEPhon IT likes this.
  16. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

So many to pick from with DSN

what about the last few seconds of this one when the Defiant and Rotarran join the largest fleet we had ever seen on Star Trek

Or this one when the Klingons dive on the Dominion Fleet

FanST likes this.
  17. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I differ, I think Avery Brooks acting was spot on for this scene; he conveyed a lighter facet of his character then--when he first met his fictitious wife-- Brooks had to make me understand how this woman made him put his hair down. He was caught up in the virtual reality of the scene and it works for me. I'll bend it was awkward, but this is because Brooks is allowing me to take a peek at his emotional state of Ben Sisko. He's so conflicted and when he's comfortable to play along **bam** the fantasy was gone.

Altho, Sisko was my favorite character for parts of the series, I really adored Jadzia. I really really really wanted her be Sisko's replacement for Jennifer. Jake saw her as a mother figure and was a hoot of a character. A far better choice for Benjamin IMO than Cassidy Yates.

FanST, Bry_Sinclair and kkt like this.
  18. Rayleo02

Rayleo02 Lieutenant Red Shirt

He said one scene only.... but good choice

19. 2takesfrakes

I never saw the "old Man" as ever being Benjamin's love interest ... it's an interesting thought, but it just couldn't happen, because of their history. I never gave any thought to who'd be ideally suited to Sisko, to be honest with you. Especially as I'd never had a problem with Kasidy. Benjamin seemed happy with her, so why shouldn't I be? In fact ... Sisko made damn sure to knock her up, before he gave up The Ghost, defeating Kosst Amojan. And if that isn't Love ... well ... then, I'm buggered if I know what is!

20. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Sisko had to have a love interest who didn't report to him. As station commander, that limited his options.
    Kasidy seemed like a good match to me.

May 20 likes this.